Buffalo had the hardest path to the Conference Championship, but won't get any credit for it

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

If you're the only noise I have to worry about - I'm good. Sounds rather insignificant.

Are you hoping he doesn't play or do you really think it doesn't matter?

Am I missing something here?

I am curious as to what doubt you will have if Mahomes doesn't play? 

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is that important?

Also, it's worth noting that the Bucs lost to the Saints twice this year.  You left that out.  Also, the Colts were the only team the Steelers beat in their stunning (1-5) end of season collapse.  Also, "the Browns" beat the Colts.

Buffalo Bills fans are like this.  It's not enough to be successful and alive at the Final 4 stage.  They demand the Bills are singled out as somehow the best of everyone or have the hardest path.

It's not enough that Josh Allen is a top 3 or 5 QB in the league; he needs to be the MVP of the league and it's a rigged scam if he isn't.

On and on it goes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It comes from decades and decades of being Buffalo.

I don't understand where all the "bring on Mahomes" stuff comes from!  I don't want a fair fight; I want to win this game as easily as possible, or at least go into it with as much chance of winning as possible.

I much prefer Chad Henne, thank you.

Wow, who do you think you are worrying about “winning” instead of spooky narratives and “media noise.”

Get your priorities in order!

Priority 1: Stephen A Smith talks about us 

Priority 2: Mike Greenberg likes us

Etc etc

Priority 456: Win the Super Bowl!

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Well I got good news for you then.

Weeks not over. Maybe Kelce and Hill will suffer major injuries during practice. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Play the best. Don't be a puss.

Lol you are the above rn.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am curious as to what doubt you will have if Mahomes doesn't play? 

He think Goodell will void the Super Bowl just like he voided the AFCCG against the Raiders when Bo Jackson was out.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You cited an example from an ESPN shouty show. I give not a monkeys backside what any of those bozos say. They wouldn't know a football if it entered their body through a natural orifice.

So what are the other sources? And don't give me examples of people talking about whether Mahomes plays or not because of course that is the biggest story in town. Where else are you seeing the context of that game not giving the Bills what you consider their dues? 

I am not trying to be an arse here I am genuinely asking because in the last 6 weeks I feel like I have asked this board this question a dozen times and every answer is an ESPN show full of no marks or the clown that is Nick Wright. And frankly who gives a crap what they think? There is not actual analysis or critical thought there.

Nick Wright isn't worth 2 craps, hes a clown putting on a clown show for clicks.  Why anyone gives him those clicks is beyond me.

But I am just talking about general talk about this game is mostly centered around the Chiefs.  In a 10 minute segment, they may spend 2 min at most discussing the Bills vs the 8 min on the Chiefs.  And the over whelming consensus is still that if Mahomes is healthy, Chiefs will repeat as Champions..

So I agree with others, that Bills not getting the same attention as GB, TB, and KC are right now in sports media.  They have been given some props and praise for sure, but the bulk of the coverage still resides around those other 3 teams in terms of dedicated time of discussion or how much they write about each team.  There are plenty of exceptions like GMFB for example, but I am referencing the majority of coverage in terms of balance on who they are talking about.  

Even after the Ravens game, it was more about Lamar, would they have won if not for the INT or injury, Tucker...etc.  They talk more about it like the Ravens lost the game more so than we went out and beat them...and quite honestly, we mostly dominated them.  Just like after Colts game, a lot of the talk was about how the Colts hurt themselves and blew the game vs us beating a really good team. 

And like I said earlier, I prefer it this way anyway.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He think Goodell will void the Super Bowl just like he voided the AFCCG against the Raiders when Bo Jackson was out.

I saw him reaching for his voiding slips when Lamar went down on Saturday. Luckily for the Bills he left them in the pocket of his other coat. Close escape. And ESPN hated it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I saw him reaching for his voiding slips when Lamar went down on Saturday. Luckily for the Bills he left them in the pocket of his other coat. Close escape. And ESPN hated it.

I think we should forfeit honestly. Lamar got hurt. We have to play him for 60 minutes straight or I’m gonna have doubts!!!!

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Wow, who do you think you are worrying about “winning” instead of spooky narratives and “media noise.”

Get your priorities in order!

Priority 1: Stephen A Smith talks about us 

Priority 2: Mike Greenberg likes us

Etc etc

Priority 456: Win the Super Bowl!

Lol you are the above rn.

Screw the media. In my mind - Beating the Chiefs w/o Mahomes would ring hollow. Yes, I'd be thrilled to go the SB and - gasp - win it. Of course.

Me? I'd just rather do it while he was on the field. That's all. It's about my take, not the media.

Peace. Go Bills.:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nick Wright isn't worth 2 craps, hes a clown putting on a clown show for clicks.  Why anyone gives him those clicks is beyond me.

But I am just talking about general talk about this game is mostly centered around the Chiefs.  In a 10 minute segment, they may spend 2 min at most discussing the Bills vs the 8 min on the Chiefs.  And the over whelming consensus is still that if Mahomes is healthy, Chiefs will repeat as Champions..

So I agree with others, that Bills not getting the same attention as GB, TB, and KC are right now in sports media.  They have been given some props and praise for sure, but the bulk of the coverage still resides around those other 3 teams in terms of dedicated time of discussion or how much they write about each team.  There are plenty of exceptions like GMFB for example, but I am referencing the majority of coverage in terms of balance on who they are talking about.  

Even after the Ravens game, it was more about Lamar, would they have won if not for the INT or injury, Tucker...etc.  They talk more about it like the Ravens lost the game more so than we went out and beat them...and quite honestly, we mostly dominated them.  Just like after Colts game, a lot of the talk was about how the Colts hurt themselves and blew the game vs us beating a really good team. 

And like I said earlier, I prefer it this way anyway.

I am asking for actual examples. Where and who? Cos I watched Chris Simms Unbuttoned I didn't think that. I watched the Game Day Morning guys on Sunday I didn't think that. I read FMIA and I didn't think that. I read the coverage in the Atheltic and if anything thought it underplayed the Ravens angle and the questions it leaves them..... I am trying to understand where these segments that ignore the Bills are other than on stupid shouty shows on ESPN.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We didn’t beat the Ravens with their QB on the field.

Oh boy - yes we did. 

He started, was largely ineffective for 3 quarters and we knocked his ass out. 

Do not equate that to Mahomes not playing at all. Not even close and you know it. Or - maybe you don't and that would then explain it.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes you said.... and then you said something about leaving you with doubt? 

yes - whether we could beat them.

Who cares what the pundits say, and all it means is that Buffalo is probably more battle-tested than anyone left. Not only were those two tough playoff games, but here are the four remaining teams Strength of Schedule (SOS)---from both the start of the year and the end of the year):

Projected SOS at start of the 2020 campaign (so based on teams' 2019 records),

in order of toughest to weakest:

Buffalo 5th at .525

GreenBay 15th at .504

Tampa 16th at .502

KC 18th at .500

And here are the Final 2020 SOS (based on actual 2020 win/loss records),

in order of toughest to weakest:

Buffalo 6th at .533 (so we were one spot lower than projected, but it was actually a tougher schedule than predicted at the start of the year)

Tampa 16th at .500

KC 20th at .488

GreenBay 32nd at .444

So the other three teams all had easier schedules than projected at the start of the year (especially Green Bay) and all were in the bottom half of difficulty on the year, as far as the schedule goes, while Buffalo was in the top 10. Again, it means nothing other than that Buffalo is more battle-tested this year. Hopefully that proves to be in our favor (as it often is).

Maybe it's been said, but even if you filter out the plaintiff "credit" or "recognition" or "respect" narratives popular amongst Bills fans, this fact about the Bills' strength of victory, which is actually relevant over the course of the ENTIRE season, is VERY meaningful. Their record is NOT an illusion, despite some apparent flaws or limitations we might see on the field. They are good at winning football games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Night before the Superbowl, Rodgers wins MVP.  The next day Allen leads Buffalo to the Superbowl win.  Allen wins Superbowl MVP.  The Bills beat the last 3 consectutive MVPs in 3 consectutive games.  That leaves no doubt.  I think this week on defense White and Oliver both make an impact.  

Bold prediction: Tyreek Hill shoves an official, gets ejected 

• Haha (+1) 1

It is not just the playoffs that were tough.

I believe the Bills had one of the toughest regular season schedule in recent history... They were pitted against the NFC West lined up with elite QBs or superb defense and were a miracle catch away from a 4-0 drubbing.  They played the most competitive 2nd seeds in the Steelers, Titans and if not for a confusing covid situation would have been a 2-0 score.  Agreed the AFC East was in a transition and the QBs of Dolphins, Jets nad Patriots were nowhere to be found, but they all played tough and every win was hard-earned.  The Bills have won every single game post that hail murray with a margin of 10 points or more except the playoffs against the Colts

The Chiefs on the other hand have played the aging NFC West, a really nondescript AFC West and a AFC East that only  had one QB to be found.  Yet they had zero wins where the margin was above 10 points  

21 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe it's been said, but even if you filter out the plaintiff "credit" or "recognition" or "respect" narratives popular amongst Bills fans, this fact about the Bills' strength of victory, which is actually relevant over the course of the ENTIRE season, is VERY meaningful. Their record is NOT an illusion, despite some apparent flaws or limitations we might see on the field. They are good at winning football games.

And remember that Allen was wearing the shoulder harness in both the early losses.

• Like (+1) 1