Chan Gailey resigns as OC of Dolphins

YoloinOhio

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I'd be disappointed because I think if Daboll goes we have one of the most attractive OC jobs out there. I'd hope we could do better than a 69 year old whose offense is pretty exposed. To me either promote from within or find a creative young offensive mind from outside.

Well I would hope so too, but I wouldn't be claiming doom and gloom is all I am saying.  It's unlikely we ever have Chan back here.  It's almost equally unlikely we ever have Fitz back here either.

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

So I guess this was after the GM said that Tua was their guy?

Some Fins fans are delusional in thinking there was a different playbook for Tua.

Chan called the same plays for Fitz and Tua.

The difference is Tua checked down if the primary wasn't Alabama open.

😂

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be disappointed because I think if Daboll goes we have one of the most attractive OC jobs out there. I'd hope we could do better than a 69 year old whose offense is pretty exposed. To me either promote from within or find a creative young offensive mind from outside.

Would you want to risk changing the scheme though after the year Allen has had? That’s got to be one of the main motivators behind hiring from within if the goal is to keep the offensive philosophy the same right? 

The vacancy will obviously be really attractive to a lot of quality coaches. Say Daboll is the only coach from offense to leave, who are you going with for his replacement and what’s the plan there?

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Would you want to risk changing the scheme though after the year Allen has had? That’s got to be one of the main motivators behind hiring from within if the goal is to keep the offensive philosophy the same right? 

The vacancy will obviously be really attractive to a lot of quality coaches. Say Daboll is the only coach from offense to leave, who are you going with for his replacement and what’s the plan there?

No I'd promote from within. Either Ken Dorsey or possibly Chad Hall.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dorsey seems like the obvious choice. Hall might be a bit too inexperienced as a coach to already run an offense.

You know who had only been a fully fledged position coach for two years before becoming a coordinator? Sean McDermott. 

I think Chad is the outsider of the pair but everything I hear is they love him in that building and rate him very highly. He is going to be an OC somewhere sooner rather than later and teams can no longer block requests to interview position coaches for coordinator jobs that rule change passed last year. So the question might be do we promoted Dorsey and risk losing Chad altogether in a year's time to an OC job somewhere else or do we just promote Chad and accept he might have some growing pains early? 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You know who had only been a fully fledged position coach for two years before becoming a coordinator? Sean McDermott. 

I think Chad is the outsider of the pair but everything I hear is they love him in that building and rate him very highly. He is going to be an OC somewhere sooner rather than later and teams can no longer block requests to interview position coaches for coordinator jobs that rule change passed last year. So the question might be do we promoted Dorsey and risk losing Chad altogether in a year's time to an OC job somewhere else or do we just promote Chad and accept he might have some growing pains early? 

Dorsey, and I suppose Chad as well, could be one and done as an OC here if Allen continues to play at an MVP level.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where is the evidence Chan was "fired the day before"?  If he was actually fired, he could have $$ coming to him which would not be due if he resigned.

My understanding is it was a fake account that reported the firing.

How dare you question DolFAN93 just because he smells fishy?

Obviously he has first hand knowledge of the initial post about firing and was forced to take it down.

How many here think he was told to resign? you know aka fired? lol

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

If Daboll leaves, I hope Chan comes back to Buffalo. I doubt it though. I think he's retired for good this time.

sarcasm? Troll? or for real you want Chan back cause his offense was vanilla