Anthony Lynn fired by Chargers

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

problem with the Texans is that they traded away all their draft picks. 

well there’s that, plus incompetent ownership who promoted a crook team chaplain to head football ops, plus a respected HOF veteran calling out his teammates publicly for not trying. So yeah they got some issues.

The whole “went to HS together” is taking on a life of its own and not as big of a factor as people seem to think. It’s getting pretty funny. They know each other from HS. Played together for 2 years. Not “friends.” This is a much bigger decision than hiring a HS teammate. Telesco is on strike 2 with hiring HCs so he has to make a very educated decision and a good one this time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone with HC experience instead of elevating another OC. The main issue with the 2 guys who failed was leading a team and game management. It’s hard to project that when a guy hasn’t done it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The whole “went to HS together” is taking on a life of its own and not as big of a factor as people seem to think. It’s getting pretty funny. They know each other from HS. Played together for 2 years. Not “friends.” This is a much bigger decision than hiring a HS teammate. Telesco is on strike 2 with hiring HCs so he has to make a very educated decision and a good one this time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone with HC experience instead of elevating another OC. The main issue with the 2 guys who failed was leading a team and game management. It’s hard to project that when a guy hasn’t done it. 

If you can get an offensive mind as good as Dabs you pair that with Herbert and that is as good a chance as any for success. 

Just now, CommonCents said:

If you can get an offensive mind as good as Dabs you pair that with Herbert and that is as good a chance as any for success. 

Just saying there will be a lot more that goes into it. Herbert’s play is the least of their worries.

Edited by YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

"Went to HS together" could go both ways. Sometimes it's a deal breaker! Probably not in this case, but still. 

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Went to HS together" could go both ways. Sometimes it's a deal breaker! Probably not in this case, but still. 

Not a deal breaker but certainly not a deal maker. Closer connection with McDaniels who he actually went to college with. 

That's unfortunate. I think this is the 1 job that doesn't have some questions swirling around it. The only thing here is there will be an expectation of 10 wins / playoffs the 1st season. I'm hoping they won't want to wait until after the Superbowl to get a HC.