Allen leads NFL in lowest % of uncatchable passes from a clean pocket...Wow!

Big Turk

This is kind of stunning...Allen leads the NFL in lowest percentage of uncatchable passes from a clean pocket at 10.9%.

I knew he was doing really well but I had no idea this well...seems like his accuracy and ball placement has become elite as well..

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1343971720806490115?s=20

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Can't be.  He's not accurate.  

Great stat.  Certainly consistent with the guy we've been seeing.   When he's clean in the pocket and throws, it's a completion.  

The line is giving him a huge pocket and a great deal of time. It's like watching Aikman with Dallas.  It's pretty amazing to see.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

But Terry Bradshaw told us this was impossible!

To be fair, Allen's progress has been pretty remarkable. Most football scouts, QB's, coaches that I heard speak on this felt it was unlikely for Allen to make this leap. It seems rather unprecedented.

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

But Terry Bradshaw told us this was impossible!

Mad The Phantom Menace GIF by Star Wars - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

To be fair, Allen's progress has been pretty remarkable. Most football scouts, QB's, coaches that I heard speak on this felt it was unlikely for Allen to make this leap. It seems rather unprecedented.

Allen's mechanics were the one thing holding him back as a prospect and Big Baller Bean saw that he'd already started improving them from the end of his college season to the Senior Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I doubt the innacuracy myth will ever really die...

Good.  Because Josh will not let up untill he proves everyone wrong.

I'm fairly certain when he busted his shoulder up in his first year in Wyoming they took the chip from his shoulder and surgically implanted it in him, so it's not going away untill every doubter pays either physically, emotionally, or monetarily.

The dude is still pissed about being a zero star recruit out of high school, and wont rest till he gets his revenge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BrownNgold said:

Good.  Because Josh will not let up untill he proves everyone wrong.

I'm fairly certain when he busted his shoulder up in his first year in Wyoming they took the chip from his shoulder and surgically implanted it in him, so it's not going away untill every doubter pays either physically, emotionally, or monetarily.

The dude is still pissed about being a zero star recruit out of high school, and wont rest till he gets his revenge.

Pretty sure that happened when at the Fresno State QB camp they put him with the undesirables as a kid.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

What’s that fat turd saying now?!? 😡

LOL. he said after one of Josh’s “off” weeks ( TItans maybe) that wasn’t really that off , that you could not improve accuracy from what you were at coming into the league. I don’t know if he’s said much since then. But he said this THIS YEAR is the most funny part for me

46 minutes ago, klos63 said:

But that is because they started with a faulty premise.  They started with the premise that Allen had received adequate coaching during his time playing QB.  He hadn't.  Compare what Allen had to what most of the top prospects had coming out and it is night and day.  So for most of the others, yes it would be true...because they already had coaches working on that with them.  Allen just kind of went out there and slung it.

Start by making a bad assumption and it will lead you to a faulty conclusion.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But that is because they started with a faulty premise.  They started with the premise that Allen had received adequate coaching during his time playing QB.  He hadn't.  Compare what Allen had to what most of the top prospects had coming out and it is night and day.  So for most of the others, yes it would be true...because they already had coaches working on that with them.  Allen just kind of went out there and slung it.

Start by making a bad assumption and it will lead you to a faulty conclusion.

That's not the premise. It was that if you have major accuracy issues coming out of college, it's unlikely to completely fix those at the pro level. Agree or not if is valid , but that was the premise , or at least how I interpreted it to be.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

That's not the premise. It was that if you have major accuracy issues coming out of college, it's unlikely to completely fix those at the pro level. Agree or not if is valid , but that was the premise , or at least how I interpreted it to be.

Yeah I guess, but part of thinking that is because all of those guys have gotten good coaching.  I think what they didn't see is Allen had almost unlimited room to improve whereas others had much less room to improve.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah I guess, but part of thinking that is because all of those guys have gotten good coaching.  I think what they didn't see is Allen had almost unlimited room to improve whereas others had much less room to improve.

But coaching in college is a big issue, you don't always have the luxury of time to learn mechanics in the NFL, and it's not easy. Allen is a special case.  Keep in mind, he was still considered a top 10 pick pretty much all around, so it's not that people thought he was untalented, just had shortcomings.  I don't think anyone saw his performance this season happening so soon. It's really remarkable what he has done. Even with no major issues coming out of college, not many QB's play as this sustained level at any point in their career let alone in year 3. It's truly amazing.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Not really. Favre and others have increased completion percentage after getting to the pros. Remember, completion percentage doesn’t equal accuracy. That’s the problem with some of these alleged experts. There are many factors that go into completion percentage, such as weather conditions, average length of pass, pass protection, ability of receivers etc...

anyone who followed Josh saw that he was throwing low percentage passes (long bombs) at a high rate at Wyoming.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

But coaching in college is a big issue, you don't always have the luxury of time to learn mechanics in the NFL, and it's not easy. Allen is a special case.  Keep in mind, he was still considered a top 10 pick pretty much all around, so it's not that people thought he was untalented, just had shortcomings.  I don't think anyone saw his performance this season happening so soon. It's really remarkable what he has done. Even with no major issues coming out of college, not many QB's play as this sustained level at any point in their career let alone in year 3. It's truly amazing.

What I don't understand is why so many people are surprised at how good he's becoming. The entire reason why Josh was in the conversation for #1 overall pick was that his ceiling was so ***** high. So if he actually turns out to be a hit and is filling his potential he should be great.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ta111 said:

Not really. Favre and others have increased completion percentage after getting to the pros. Remember, completion percentage doesn’t equal accuracy. That’s the problem with some of these alleged experts. There are many factors that go into completion percentage, such as weather conditions, average length of pass, pass protection, ability of receivers etc...

anyone who followed Josh saw that he was throwing low percentage passes (long bombs) at a high rate at Wyoming.

And to basically scrubs more or less