The Moby Dick Mentality

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it but if I had to guess I'd say this fan base would still be just as rowdy with a Super Bowl win. I'm definitely in the "just gimme one before I die!" crowd so if they do win it one day, I know it's gonna fill a void for life but I'm still gonna wanna see them do it again.

A buddy of mine is a Giants fan and he got to experience their last two Super Bowl wins and he said it's a pretty awesome, hard-to-describe feeling. 

Let's face it, 2020 has had all sorts of weird whacky stuff going on, the Bills winning the Super Bowl would really be the cherry on top, wouldn't it?

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it but if I had to guess I'd say this fan base would still be just as rowdy with a Super Bowl win. I'm definitely in the "just gimme one before I die!" crowd so if they do win it one day, I know it's gonna fill a void for life but I'm still gonna wanna see them do it again.

A buddy of mine is a Giants fan and he got to experience their last two Super Bowl wins and he said it's a pretty awesome, hard-to-describe feeling. 

Let's face it, 2020 has had all sorts of weird whacky stuff going on, the Bills winning the Super Bowl would really be the cherry on top, wouldn't it?

I mean this fanbase just watched the Patriots dominate the league for decades hell they watched them almost break the Bills Super Bowl appearance record, I'm sure there is plenty more this fanbase will want if they get a SB win.

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I've thought about it a few times but its never felt relevant until recently. As a Bills fan, part of my identity is wanting a SB win. Anyone else worry that if we were to win it, the lusting is more potent than the climax?  Will we all lose our identity and purpose?😆 Or would it live up to the hype?!? Maybe some fans of other sports can share something! Paging all Cubs and RedSox fans!!!

Part of every pro sports fan should be wanting to win a SB.

Too many Bills fans act like the Bills are their small college school trying to compete with the big boys.

Most of that is the organizations fault for being such a dumpster fire for 17 years.

But the playing field, by design, is quite level in the NFL. 

That being the case you should expect a pro sports organization to put a SB contender on the field often..........that's supposed to be the trade-off that the owners provide in return for fans suspending disbelief that a privately owned club is actually representing them or the community.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I've thought about it a few times but its never felt relevant until recently. As a Bills fan, part of my identity is wanting a SB win. Anyone else worry that if we were to win it, the lusting is more potent than the climax?  Will we all lose our identity and purpose?😆 Or would it live up to the hype?!? Maybe some fans of other sports can share something! Paging all Cubs and RedSox fans!!!

I'll take my chances!

I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life & I'm a big Cubs fan. The Bartman incident shares an even plane in my memory with the Music City Forward Lateral. I admit, it's easier to stomach when the Cubs get eliminated from the playoffs than it used to be, because they did win it recently. It was awesome when the Cubs finally won it, but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a Bills Superbowl win.

16 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

My biggest worry right now is if we go all the way this year and  we can't actually go to the games and have a parade etc....seriously how badly would that suck?  For that reason there's a part of me that secretly doesn't want us to win the whole thing this year

It's cool. We could just call a peaceful protest. I'd roll up there from VA for that. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I checked my list of things to worry about and this came in at #2020

• Haha (+1) 1