Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

They’re pretty banged up though, bro. Even if they can bring pressure, Josh is still really good under pressure.

I don't disagree.  Denver can bring a big rush.  We'll have to dial up some protection and plays like we did the 2nd half of the Steeler's game.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean they're eliminated and in limbo with Locke tough to be excited.

Not eliminated yet.  But they do need to win out and everyone else in the mix to lose out.

2 hours ago, eball said:

We’re a pass-centric offense.  It’s who we are.  Of course we will run the ball, but this offense is designed to score points with the passing game.  Guarantee you right now we pass more than we run.

We seem to be doing so much better this year with our screen passes.  Our RBs can pick up some decent chunks that way too.

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I noticed this morning none of the social media sites posted “It’s Gameday”..... I’m a routine guy, superstitious guy... I don’t like how that wasn’t the first thing I saw when I woke up.... cause that’s what I’m used too!!!

Routine only matters when the game is routine at a routine time.  Not to worry.

3 hours ago, eball said:

We’re a pass-centric offense.  It’s who we are.  Of course we will run the ball, but this offense is designed to score points with the passing game.  Guarantee you right now we pass more than we run.

Of course we will pass more than run...

We are a pass centric offense. But leading into the playoffs you gotta be balanced. Run the ball and stop the run can play a huge factor.... the Bills gotta be the bills first. But you also gotta put tape out there and build confidence in the offense that they can do it all if needed.... plus it forces other teams to over think more cause our offense has shown more than passing 

All I’m saying is don’t be surprised if Moss carries the ball today 15+ times for over 100 yds. Singletary should get close to 10, but Moss will be the hot hand.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 3:26 AM, YoloinOhio said:

That was a gut punch watching Beasley jump into the crowd. Also forgot he used to be #10.

Funny that Devontae Harris was probably their worst 2019 CB and had a tough game against the Bills last season, but he'd likely be their best CB tonight. Landed on the Ravens this year so they couldn't even bring him back like Will Parks. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Not exactly true. In the last twenty years they’ve spent three 1st round picks on QBs: Culpepper, Ponder, and Bridgewater. They also spent a 2nd rounder on Tarvaris Jackson and generally draft a QB every 2-3 years in the later rounds. The Vikings definitely aren’t shy about moving on though. They’ve just been snakebit more than anything. 

I did say that they have worked some of their drafted QBs behind center, and specifically called out Bridgewater taken 32nd overall.

The point was that they have a history of investing in veterans at the position.

For every Tarvaris, Culpepper, and Ponder, there has been a Kirk Cousins, a Sam Bradford, Brett Favre, Gus Ferotte, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Sean Salisbury, Moon, etc..

Gannon does not really fit here - but he did come from a NE trade - but they did not develop or  recognize his skillset and were trying to convert him to a RB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 2:19 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Obviously getting the dub is the most important, but it would be awesome to see Josh set the franchise single-season passing yards and TDs records. 719 yards and 6 passing scores with three games to go. Given that we end with two division games against better secondaries, it would be awesome to see Josh put up 350 yards and 3-4 TDs today in an AFC East clinching win. 

Will be simultaneously watching the Bills game on our personal laptop (optimistic) and the Notre Dame game (very nervous) on my work laptop. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

I did say that they have worked some of their drafted QBs behind center, and specifically called out Bridgewater taken 32nd overall.

The point was that they have a history of investing in veterans at the position.

For every Tarvaris, Culpepper, and Ponder, there has been a Kirk Cousins, a Sam Bradford, Brett Favre, Gus Ferotte, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Sean Salisbury, Moon, etc..

Gannon does not really fit here - but he did come from a NE trade - but they did not develop or  recognize his skillset and were trying to convert him to a RB.

Going back further.... absolutely. There are a lot of failed 3-5th round picks that they tried to groom behind aging or transitional vets. Only dude I recall them succeeding with in any way was Brad Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Going back further.... absolutely. There are a lot of failed 3-5th round picks that they tried to groom behind aging or transitional vets. Only dude I recall them succeeding with in any way was Brad Johnson. 

I lived there for many years so kind of followed them as an NFC team of interest.

I felt they somewhat mirrored my Bills SB frustrations -  having lost four of them (mercifully, not in a row). Hard to live in an area immersed in a team other than your home team and not learn a thing or two about them. Always wanted to see them play each other in a SB as one of them would finally break free from their bleak legacy.

Met Gannon back when my kid played ball. Nice guy, came to his HS and signed stuff and actually took some time to listen and talk with our young players hoping to beat the odds and make it big someday. Told them to prioritize school as it was a narrow path to the pros and that is only if your luck holds and you stay healthy. That, and there is life after a player hangs up their cleats... have to prepare for that too.

• Like (+1) 1