Good news for the 2021 salary cap

Seasons1992

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That makes sense but it only takes one team with cash to overpay. There will still be plenty of teams with cap space.

If I'm Milano I take a signing bonus anywhere I can. 

Wthan, you make sense, but knowing you, you have already looked at the cap tracker from Spotrac for next year, and who is a team who is good enough, and fits their defensive style, so a healthy Milano can make a difference.  Bad teams try to fit a square peg in a round hole.  Good teams balance what they do in their style and scheme, and have cap space on what they expect next year, and make a call to make an offer.

just like when someone asked us on another thread, do we root for TN or Browns, there are too many unknowns to make that call.  These things are later in my JP humble opinion.

11 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Thanks for the article.  I too was among the few who believed something along these lines would happen.

I'll add another reason for this (already have been a couple of good ones).

IF the cap was going to cash strap a bunch of teams (Bills included) it would turn into a bargain basement situations for the few

teams that will have a lot of money next year.  It would be a huge unfair realignment of talent benefiting teams that were in the process

of turning over their rosters.

10 hours ago, boater said:

Because 2021 most teams are cash strapped and will find it hard to pay him.

The article infers that 2022 will be a better year financially, and Milano can get his true worth.

From a football perspective: Milano may boost his value on a prove-it contract if he can play a season relatively injury free.

If I’m Milano I am not passing up multiple years and guaranteed money to play a “bet on myself” year.  Not with how injuries have hit him this season.  He has nothing to prove football wise.  Can he stay - for what passes in the NFL as healthy - totally healthy?  If he did he could get a lot more money.  That’s a big if though in the business and realities of football.  

Edited by purple haze

14 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

a viable vaccine is not an assumption....

Let me know when you take the vaccine how it works out for you.  My people in Desert Shield/Storm took the first anthrax vaccine and over time ended up very sick. I never post anything like this in this area,  but you're wrong here........

4 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Let me know when you take the vaccine how it works out for you.  My people in Desert Shield/Storm took the first anthrax vaccine and over time ended up very sick. I never post anything like this in this area,  but you're wrong here........

Just stop

• Like (+1) 1