Jump to content

Week 12 Power Rankings - Bills benefit with the BYE


Recommended Posts

Week 12 Power Rankings

 

Yahoo https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-ravens-playoff-hopes-are-precarious-as-they-face-steelers-on-thanksgiving-044529855.html

8. Buffalo Bills (7-3, LW: 10)
The Dolphins loss was a big one for the Bills, who are back to having some breathing room in the division. The Bills want to make sure a Week 17 game against the Dolphins doesn’t have any impact on the division race.

 

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-4, LW: 5)
Tom Brady is having the best season we’ve ever seen by a 43-year-old NFL player, and it’s not close. But there have been times when Brady struggles and it’s a reminder, he is 43 and it’s not always going to be smooth sailing.

 

21. New England Patriots (4-6, LW: 17)
If there was any hope for the Patriots making things interesting this season, they had to beat a 2-7 Texans team on Sunday. Now that the season is pretty much done, what happens next with Cam Newton is interesting. Do the Patriots take a look at Jarrett Stidham? Newton is on just a one-year deal.

 

NY Post https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-12-finally-some-movement/

4. Buffalo Bills, 7-3 (6)
Miami’s loss to Denver allowed the Bills to maintain first place in the AFC East race on their bye week. They will meet the Dolphins in the final game of the regular season, possibly to see which team finally will end New England’s 11-year run atop the division. Next: Sunday vs. LA Chargers

 

NBC Sports   https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nfl-power-rankings-2020-standings-overreaction
7 Buffalo Bills - BYE WEEK
19 Miami Dolphins (L to DEN, 13-20)
20 New England Patriots (L to HOU, 20-27)

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the quote in SI.com
 

5. Buffalo Bills (7–3)
Last week: Bye
This week: vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Josh Allen’s rise to stardom has masked a struggling defense, but the fact that they lost their No. 2 and 3 corners 24 hours before the trip to Arizona and still came within a Hail Mary of winning counts as encouraging. And with the Dolphins losing in Denver and struggling to figure out their quarterback situation, the likely worst-case scenario for the Bills is an AFC East championship game against Miami during Week 17 in Orchard Park.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7–4)
Last week: Loss vs. Los Angeles Rams 27–24
This week: vs. Kansas City
You’d have to go all the way back to two weeks ago to find a Tom Brady performance as ugly as Monday night’s. Of course, that Rams defense has made a lot of quarterbacks look bad this year (not Josh Allen, but mortal quarterbacks), and the Bucs defense has held up its end of the bargain over the last seven quarters. As we saw in Carolina nine days ago—when Tampa Bay scored on all 10 of their possessions—this offense is capable of piling up the points, but it’s tough to know when it’s going to show up.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

I like the quote in SI.com
 

5. Buffalo Bills (7–3)
Last week: Bye
This week: vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Josh Allen’s rise to stardom has masked a struggling defense, but the fact that they lost their No. 2 and 3 corners 24 hours before the trip to Arizona and still came within a Hail Mary of winning counts as encouraging. And with the Dolphins losing in Denver and struggling to figure out their quarterback situation, the likely worst-case scenario for the Bills is an AFC East championship game against Miami during Week 17 in Orchard Park.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7–4)
Last week: Loss vs. Los Angeles Rams 27–24
This week: vs. Kansas City
You’d have to go all the way back to two weeks ago to find a Tom Brady performance as ugly as Monday night’s. Of course, that Rams defense has made a lot of quarterbacks look bad this year (not Josh Allen, but mortal quarterbacks), and the Bucs defense has held up its end of the bargain over the last seven quarters. As we saw in Carolina nine days ago—when Tampa Bay scored on all 10 of their possessions—this offense is capable of piling up the points, but it’s tough to know when it’s going to show up.

I couldn't get enough of watching the rams swarm brady it was good stuff lol, Brady can't have much time left especially not when he's taking a beating like that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

Does anyone else find it strange that in the NFL.com rankings the Rams are ranked at 4 while the Bills are ranked at 7?

Probably gaining some momentum with beating the Hawks and Bucs recently. To your point though, #4 seems a bit generous.

 

We should be ahead of the Bucs in the nfl.com rankings. To SlimShady's point, they've lost four games to NFC opponents at or above. 500 while we've won four games against teams that are above .500.

 

Crazy!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Week 12 Power Rankings

 

Yahoo https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-ravens-playoff-hopes-are-precarious-as-they-face-steelers-on-thanksgiving-044529855.html

8. Buffalo Bills (7-3, LW: 10)
The Dolphins loss was a big one for the Bills, who are back to having some breathing room in the division. The Bills want to make sure a Week 17 game against the Dolphins doesn’t have any impact on the division race.

 

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-4, LW: 5)
Tom Brady is having the best season we’ve ever seen by a 43-year-old NFL player, and it’s not close. But there have been times when Brady struggles and it’s a reminder, he is 43 and it’s not always going to be smooth sailing.

 

21. New England Patriots (4-6, LW: 17)
If there was any hope for the Patriots making things interesting this season, they had to beat a 2-7 Texans team on Sunday. Now that the season is pretty much done, what happens next with Cam Newton is interesting. Do the Patriots take a look at Jarrett Stidham? Newton is on just a one-year deal.

 

NY Post https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-12-finally-some-movement/

4. Buffalo Bills, 7-3 (6)
Miami’s loss to Denver allowed the Bills to maintain first place in the AFC East race on their bye week. They will meet the Dolphins in the final game of the regular season, possibly to see which team finally will end New England’s 11-year run atop the division. Next: Sunday vs. LA Chargers

 

NBC Sports   https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nfl-power-rankings-2020-standings-overreaction
7 Buffalo Bills - BYE WEEK
19 Miami Dolphins (L to DEN, 13-20)
20 New England Patriots (L to HOU, 20-27)

Miami is 19th ? 
wait High Football IQ will dig something up to put them ahead of Bills 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Putin said:

Miami is 19th ? 
wait High Football IQ will dig something up to put them ahead of Bills 

 

 

There's a wide range for them.  From 10 to 20  

 

HOW?  

CBS 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-12-power-rankings-struggling-ravens-plummet-colts-soar-to-no-4-top-three-unchanged/

 

#8 Buffalo They come off the bye with a little breathing room in the division with Miami losing. They have to be better on defense down the stretch.

 

Down 5 to 14 Miami 

The benching of Tua Tagovailoa made no sense to me. He's either in or he's out – and he should be in for the future. Let him learn from even bad experiences.

 

**** #6 Rams?

They will be a tough team to beat with that defense playing the way it is this season. Jared Goff is coming off an impressive showing against the Bucs.

 

#4 Colts????  Cuz they beat the inconsistent play of GB? 

 

 

SI https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/24/nfl-power-rankings-week-12-chiefs-saints-steelers

 

5. Buffalo Bills (7–3)

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...