Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brianmoorman4jesus

How many players would you trade Josh Allen for straight up?

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The whole time with Lamar I kept saying hold tight. The guy can’t throw to the outside. It was only a matter of time before he was figured out and exposed. He will be RG3’d out of the league in 3 years. I kind of wish a defense would drop some “not bad for a running back” in a presser, after one of these shut downs...but Lamar seems like a good guy. I don’t wish for him to be humiliated. He just isn’t a good passer. In my eyes that’s a red flag for a QB. He won’t make it in the NFL and his time is almost up as a starter. Sometimes you can catch the league off guard for a bit but eventually teams are going make you play against your strengths. The good QBs adapt.

I’m right there with you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All things considered, contract, age, fit etc

 

How many guys in the NFL would you trade Josh for?  Mahomes maybe? Even that isn’t a definite with his contract.  It’s not to say that Josh Allen is the best player in the league. He might not even be the best player on the Bills. But all things considered, I’d say he’s borderline untouchable. When was the last time you could say that about a Bills player? It’s an incredible feeling. Who (right now) would you trade Josh Allen for straight up? Anybody?

Zero, get the hell outta here with this 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The whole time with Lamar I kept saying hold tight. The guy can’t throw to the outside. It was only a matter of time before he was figured out and exposed. He will be RG3’d out of the league in 3 years. I kind of wish a defense would drop some “not bad for a running back” in a presser, after one of these shut downs...but Lamar seems like a good guy. I don’t wish for him to be humiliated. He just isn’t a good passer. In my eyes that’s a red flag for a QB. He won’t make it in the NFL and his time is almost up as a starter. Sometimes you can catch the league off guard for a bit but eventually teams are going make you play against your strengths. The good QBs adapt.

 

Well as much as you were telling people to hold tight last year when people were getting carried away with how good Lamar was (and I agree, they were... I wouldn't have voted for him as MVP myself) can I ask you to hold tight on "his time is almost up as a starter" because that is an equally silly exaggeration in my opinion. Lamar's game has limitations and teams have got better at adjusting to what Baltimore are doing but they are still 6-3, he is completing 64% of his throws and has 14 TDs to 5 picks. The truth of Lamar is somewhere between "MVP" and "not a starter."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Well as much as you were telling people to hold tight last year when people were getting carried away with how good Lamar was (and I agree, they were... I wouldn't have voted for him as MVP myself) can I ask you to hold tight on "his time is almost up as a starter" because that is an equally silly exaggeration in my opinion. Lamar's game has limitations and teams have got better at adjusting to what Baltimore are doing but they are still 6-3, he is completing 64% of his throws and has 14 TDs to 5 picks. The truth of Lamar is somewhere between "MVP" and "not a starter."

I think once teams show that you can’t pass the ball, it’s over. If a team wants to go full blown Army offense with him, fine. Knowing that isn’t going to happen, I think it’s probably less then a year before he’s not longer a starting QB. Time will tell. But if they don’t win a playoff game this year, I think the Ravens start looking for another guy this offseason. I can see a streak of really bad football starting in the very immediate future. It kind of has already started the last 2 or 3 weeks. I think the Titans have a shot to make Lamar look really bad. The crazy part is now people are turning on Roman. This guy created an offense around a severely limited QB. One that somehow allowed for an MVP season with a guy that can only thrown between the hash marks. Roman did an incredible job with that. He should have gotten head coach consideration for finding a way to make this kid look good. Now he will probably get fired once it goes south.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think once teams show that you can’t pass the ball, it’s over. If a team wants to go full blown Army offense with him, fine. Knowing that isn’t going to happen, I think it’s probably less then a year before he’s not longer a starting QB. Time will tell. But if they don’t win a playoff game this year, I think the Ravens start looking for another guy this offseason. I can see a streak of really bad football starting in the very immediate future. It kind of has already started the last 2 or 3 weeks. I think the Titans have a shot to make Lamar look really bad. The crazy part is now people are turning on Roman. This guy created an offense around a severely limited QB. One that somehow allowed for an MVP season with a guy that can only thrown between the hash marks. Roman did an incredible job with that. He should have gotten head coach consideration for finding a way to make this kid look good. Now he will probably get fired once it goes south.

 

See I think this is as big an overreaction as the people crowning him the next big thing a year ago. He can pass the ball. He can't make all the throws - granted - but he can pass the ball. I don't think he is less than a year away from not starting. I think that is just plain wrong. Likewise I don't think he will ever have another year like 2019. The truth is in the middle.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I'm just gobsmacked that the Bills were lucky/smart enough to grab the best QB out of that 2018 class.  So far, Allen's the only guy out of that year's "big four" that actually developed into a legit franchise QB.  Jackson has been a nice story, but I'm happy with our guy. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers,  maybe Watson

 

*facepalm*

 

Allen is 24.

 

Wilson is 31.

 

Rodgers is 36.

 

"Maybe Watson" hahahahahaha. 2-7

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Only 1 guy and it's Mahomes.

 

Not even Mahomes.

 

Flip the TEs. Put Travis Kelce on the Bills and put Dawson Knox on the Chiefs. Allen is the better QB without a doubt in that case.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

 

*facepalm*

 

Allen is 24.

 

Wilson is 31.

 

Rodgers is 36.

 

"Maybe Watson" hahahahahaha. 2-7

 

Not even Mahomes.

 

Flip the TEs. Put Travis Kelce on the Bills and put Dawson Knox on the Chiefs. Allen is the better QB without a doubt in that case.

Lol come on man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Mahomes>Allen

Facts

 

Mahomes with the #1 TE > Allen with the #31 TE 

 

Allen with the #1 TE > Mahomes with the #31 TE

 

Travis Kelce is the only difference between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

 

Mahomes with the #1 TE > Allen with the #31 TE 

 

Allen with the #1 TE > Mahomes with the #31 TE

 

Travis Kelce is the only difference between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.

Hahahahahhahaha

 

I think you forgot the part where Mahomes is a better QB 

Edited by TBBills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Go through the board for closed down week olds threads i didn’t see? Ok. 

 

My answer is the same as in that thread:

I still feel any small technical glitches caused by the need to dangle upside-down  by one foot a 6'4" QB who can, one-handed, pancake two LB then stiff-arm the best DT in the business and who has publically announced he wants to stay in Buffalo forever, could probably be overcome long enough to pile gold around him from his fingertips to his tippy-toe.

However, I acknowledge that I previously did not consider that Josh seems to have earned the loyalty and love of his OL and they might not take kindly to this trade-compensation procedure.  Persuading Williams, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Dawkins, Bates, Winters, Boettger etc to "stand down" could be a deal-breaking challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Hahahahahhahaha

 

I think you forgot the part where Mahomes is a better QB 

 

 

Well yeah...he has Travis Kelce, the undisputed #1 TE in the game. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

 

 

Well yeah...he has Travis Kelce, the undisputed #1 TE in the game. 

 

 

And Josh has the best WR group in the game...

 

Your problem is you are looking at one little detail of a huge game.

Edited by TBBills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

And Josh has the best WR group in the game...

 

Your problem is you are looking at one little detail of a huge game.

 

No he doesn't, actually. Not even Top 5.

 

Falcons have a better WR group.

 

Bucs have a better WR group.

 

Seahawks have a better WR group.

 

Steelers have a better WR group. 

 

Cowboys have a better WR group.

 

Cardinals WR group is just as good.

 

Chiefs WR group is just as good as the Bills. Tyreek Hill is the #1 WR in the NFL as far as Impact and Tilting the field. Sammy Watkins. Mecole Hardman. Right on par with the Bills. That's not even counting Kelce.

 

Falcons: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, who cares. Better than the Bills WRs.

 

Bucs: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown. Better than the Bills WRs.

 

Seahawks: DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, David Moore. Better than the Bills WRs.

 

Steelers: Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson, Juju SS, James Washington. Better than the Bills WRs.

 

Cowboys: Amari Cooper, Ceedee Lamb, Michael Gallup. Better than the Bills WRs.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

See I think this is as big an overreaction as the people crowning him the next big thing a year ago. He can pass the ball. He can't make all the throws - granted - but he can pass the ball. I don't think he is less than a year away from not starting. I think that is just plain wrong. Likewise I don't think he will ever have another year like 2019. The truth is in the middle.

I don’t think it’s an over reaction at all. If it was right after the first playoff game, then it would be one. The guy has been figured out. Agree to disagree. The Ravens offense has been really bad now since the colts game. All they can do is run. Teams know Lamar won’t beat them with throws in man coverage and they are just flooding the box with fast cover guys. He was pretty good against zone coverages early on and if they got ahead and got you in your heels, he could hit some throws to TEs down the seam. He’s not a good passer. He’s not going to make it as a starting qb in the nfl. It’s an under reaction to keep ignoring it. Agree to disagree.i was saying it during his mvp season and people thought I was crazy. I will give it to him that he lasted longer then I expected..but I think it’s almost over.

  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...