How many players would you trade Josh Allen for straight up?

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

You can take out the "and Tre" part....answer is still No.

This.  

Allen has one thing left to prove.. that he can do this in the postseason.  Once he does, he's on Mahomes level.. and Allen has a higher ceiling. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Only Mahomes is a slam dunk but the only other player you could argue is Watson in my opinion. Russell Wilson has proven more in the playoffs but he is 32 and on a huge contract, give me Allen instead. Aaron Rodgers is the better player right now but is way older at age 37 and also on a massive deal. There aren't too many other QB's that are better. Watson is about the same age and is stuck on a turd team but could be argued has accomplished more and is just as skilled. Honestly outside of Mahomes I wouldn't want anyone else. 

Edited by billsfan89

50 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

It’s a question that’s been brought up in the past but I’m curious to see how the Mafia feel about it now? 

Personally I’m taking Allen and Tre, their personalities fit the fan base and I’m so happy they are here. Mahomes is incredible too but without Andy Reid I’m not sure he’d be the player he is. 

I am going to reserve that answer until I see how Josh plays in the playoffs. If Josh can win 2 playoff games and take Mahomes in KC down to the wire (even in a loss) give me Tre an All Pro defensive player and Josh over Mahomes. But if Josh can't hang then I would rather have the better QB.

Edited by billsfan89

Mahomes

Allen

Watson

Burrow 

Herbert 

The only QBs under 30 I'd want on my team and I'm not trading Josh for any of them.  And honestly each is where they should be and in the situation that was best for them.   

The difference with all them and why I'm convinced Josh has a higher ceiling.....those other guys came into the league with elite talent at WR.  Nuke, Allen, Boyd/Green/Higgins and of course Hill and Kelce.  

Allen came in raw throwing to Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin behind one of the worst olines in Bills history. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Nobody

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am going to reserve that answer until I see how Josh plays in the playoffs. If Josh can win 2 playoff games and take Mahomes in KC down to the wire (even in a loss) give me Tre and All Pro defensive player and Josh over Mahomes. But if Josh can't hang then I would rather have the better QB.

Feel like JA17 had em in position to win last year in Houston but the D got tired

14 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Nobody

Feel like JA17 had em in position to win last year in Houston but the D got tired

Up 16 and the offense hung the defense out to dry. That's on Josh but 2019 was a growing year for him. The defense being asked to not give up anything when up 16 is unreasonable esp with a whole half left to play. Josh gets longer sustained drives and a TD in the third quarter and things are vastly different.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Nobody. I really believe this organization with this core group is going to win a Super Bowl and possibly more than one. Hopefully it happens this year.

With Josh, Sean and Brandon along with Terry & Kim there's no way we don't win 2 SB'S over the next 10 years. I wouldn't trade Josh for anyone including State Farm boy....

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Mahomes

Allen

Watson

Burrow 

Herbert 

The only QBs under 30 I'd want on my team and I'm not trading Josh for any of them.  And honestly each is where they should be and in the situation that was best for them.   

The difference with all them and why I'm convinced Josh has a higher ceiling.....those other guys came into the league with elite talent at WR.  Nuke, Allen, Boyd/Green/Higgins and of course Hill and Kelce.  

Allen came in raw throwing to Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin behind one of the worst olines in Bills history. 

I'd add Murray into that mix. Mahomes is probably the only one I do it for. I do really like Herbert though. He actually reminds me a lot of Allen but I'll take Allen's leadership

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fake news is hot right now.     Do what you have to do 😂😂

I mean, plenty of NFL people believe Josh Allen is the best QB in the NFL at the moment - in terms of how he's playing.  It's not so far off when you see how raw Allen was coming into the league, coupled with the rapid improvement he's been making into his now Year 3, whereas Mahomes is in Year 4 (with the luxury of sitting a year). 

Allen still has to prove it in the Playoffs, but if he does... I don't know why we'd sit here and act like Mahomes is the clear cut, better QB, with the clear cut, higher ceiling.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1