NY Mets Cano Banned For The Season - PED's

H2o

Just now, H2o said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30343634/sources-new-york-mets-robinson-cano-banned-year-due-ped

Strike two for Cano. 1 year ban. I guess at 38 he was trying to get his mojo back. 

One of the purest left handed swings ever.  He never played like he loved the game.  What a poor ending.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

One of the purest left handed swings ever.  He never played like he loved the game.  What a poor ending.

Loved the guy when he was in a Yankees uniform. He just never looked right in anything else to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

Loved the guy when he was in a Yankees uniform. He just never looked right in anything else to me. 

He was the most productive player on some of the leaner Yankees teams of the post-dynasty era but l never quite got the sense he was a leader of those teams so I was pretty fine with it when he left for Seattle.  Still, an awesome player to watch.  Both at the plate and in the field he was one of those athletes who made it all look effortless.

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

He was the most productive player on some of the leaner Yankees teams of the post-dynasty era but l never quite got the sense he was a leader of those teams so I was pretty fine with it when he left for Seattle.  Still, an awesome player to watch.  Both at the plate and in the field he was one of those athletes who made it all look effortless.

No, he definitely wasn't the leader on any of those teams. I too didn't really mind so much when he left, but I thought he never looked right in another uniform. Felt the same way about Soriano. He was an all around solid player and put together a solid career. This does however taint his accomplishments. 

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Does this let the Mets off the hook for his contract next year? I think he has two years left

It causes him to forfeit this year's salary, a whopping $24,000,000 in cash, but they are still responsible for $16,500,000 of his salary in 2022. The Mariners will pay $7,500,000 to make his total $24,000,000 in the final year of his deal. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It causes him to forfeit this year's salary, a whopping $24,000,000 in cash, but they are still responsible for $16,500,000 of his salary in 2022. The Mariners will pay $7,500,000 to make his total $24,000,000 in the final year of his deal. 

Just a FYI that he's actually signed through the the 2023 season.  That surprised me, I thought he only had two left.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is just one of many reasons why Cohen fired BVW 42 seconds after he bought the Mets.

Don't hire a ***** AGENT to be your General Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm okay.  I swear.

Has any other fan base been happier at a 162 game ban for a 24 million dollar man?

My 14 year old made a good point that I hadn't considered. If MLB has another Covid-abbreviated season the 162 game ban will be extended to the following year.

13 hours ago, H2o said:

No, he definitely wasn't the leader on any of those teams. I too didn't really mind so much when he left, but I thought he never looked right in another uniform. Felt the same way about Soriano. He was an all around solid player and put together a solid career. This does however taint his accomplishments. 

Im still pissed off we traded Soriano for trash. 

13 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They should have two leagues:

PED league and authentic ballers.

PED league is the XFL of baseball.

Except the PED league would thrive while the authentic league slowly died

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is just one of many reasons why Cohen fired BVW 42 seconds after he bought the Mets.

Don't hire a ***** AGENT to be your General Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm okay.  I swear.

This couldn't of worked out better for the mets,  they are off the hook for $24 mil and now Cano won't take innings and abs away from some of the younger guys that are more productive.  

Cano was always a throw in for the Diaz trade.  My guess is that trade never pans out of the Mets don't take on Cano's contract.  Everybody knew it was a bad contract.  Diaz was obviously horrible his first year with the Mets but he was lights out the year before & pretty good this abbreviated season.  Hopefully he will be that stopper we need going forward.  Go after bauer with the extra cash, that 24 mill should cover at least the first year of his contract.  Thor gets back into form and now you got something.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Asking for @Gugny does Cano perchance have any deferred money owed to him by the mets?

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No.

And I consider this nothing less than harassment.  Proper reporting tools have been utilized.

Steve Cohens thoughts on Bobby Bonilla Day? File this under 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade', 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/steve-cohen-suggests-mets-should-have-an-annual-bobby-bonilla-day/

'Bobby Bonilla got a million dollars today and all I got was this shirt.' 

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Steve Cohens thoughts on Bobby Bonilla Day? File this under 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade', 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/steve-cohen-suggests-mets-should-have-an-annual-bobby-bonilla-day/

'Bobby Bonilla got a million dollars today and all I got was this shirt.' 

This is brilliant.

It's something that could EASILY generate a lot of money for charity.  I'd be shocked if Bonilla didn't play along and donate a portion of the million to a charity each year.

They could do it on a weekend gameday every year and invite Bonilla.  Hell, he's not the villain, here.  The ***** Wilpons are.

I absolutely love this.  And I'd go every year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, Gugny said:

This is brilliant.

It's something that could EASILY generate a lot of money for charity.  I'd be shocked if Bonilla didn't play along and donate a portion of the million to a charity each year.

They could do it on a weekend gameday every year and invite Bonilla.  Hell, he's not the villain, here.  The ***** Wilpons are.

I absolutely love this.  And I'd go every year!

Things just keep getting better. Cohen owns the Buckner ball.

https://sny.tv/articles/steve-cohen-explains-how-he-came-into-possession-of-mookie-wilson-s-world-series-game-6-winning-baseball

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.