Trump's Legal Machine Grinds to a Halt

WideNine

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

pulled the troops out of overseas, failed to start a conflict for the first time in like 50 years or something,  passed a crime bill that will lower prison population, negotiated peace in the middle east, continued to destroy isis, economy grew, lowered the hate crimes for the first time since obama was in office.  you know good stuff

With Republicans not wanting troops out, of course the most corruptan has a way with other corrupt people, passed a crime bill that was stalemated for years in Congress b.c a democrat would have been the one to take the congrats, has not lowered hate crime actually worse hate crime now than there has been on years.

Any other lies you been told?

I don't even know where you got the hate crime statistics but I have a feeling I know exactly where just want you to confirm.

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

With Republicans not wanting troops out, of course the most corruptan has a way with other corrupt people, passed a crime bill that was stalemated for years in Congress b.c a democrat would have been the one to take the congrats, has not lowered hate crime actually worse hate crime now than there has been on years.

Any other lies you been told?

according to the fbi hate crime lowered during their last study.  it had increased the previous 6-7 years or so. i'm not sure what language the first part of that sentence was. but he did in fact draw the troops down and the bill did pass

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/13/2020 at 7:46 PM, WideNine said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-legal-team-cases-dropped-436492

... And ‘legal strategy’ should be in quotes,” said Ben Ginsberg, a veteran Republican election law attorney who headed the famed Florida recount team that ultimately led to George W. Bush becoming president.

Ginsberg chuckled at one hapless Michigan lawyer who filed an election challenge Thursday evening in a federal claims court in Washington, D.C., the wrong venue, and bizarrely titled it, “Donald Trump v. USA,” as if the president was suing the nation.

You notice how a not a single Trumpie has commented on this, they are brainwashed to ignore anything negative towards Cult Leader Trump.

39 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

that's friggin hilarious.  we haven't seen it for the last four years and now lets be civil. classic. 

We won't be civil because they're not civil

Well we won't be civil because they're not civil

Going somewhere productive? 

Just now, TBBills said:

You notice how a not a single Trumpie has commented on this, they are brainwashed to ignore anything negative towards Cult Leader Trump.

I noticed, and I am trying to be more nice in my replies so they do not all run away to Parler which to me is about the same as falling into the Q-Anon alternate universe.

I have watched interviews with folks who manage to break out of that virtual world and I find there are striking similarities to the kind of withdrawal symptoms you observe from those who manage to leave a cult.

It would make for an interesting psychology paper.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We won't be civil because they're not civil

Going somewhere productive? 

Nothing can be done the Trumpies refuse to so just need to ignore them. Better to ignore the crazy Trumpies than indulge.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

Nothing can be done the Trumpies refuse to so just need to ignore them. Better to ignore the crazy than indulge.

why not try really listening? not agree. just listen. see where others are coming from. accept that their life and perspective is different from yours. accept that you can be, and are, wrong. accept that your blanket statements are not helpful.

there is so much more, start there. and if you can't seem to figure it out, find a role model who does have it figured out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Nothing can be done the Trumpies refuse to so just need to ignore them. Better to ignore the crazy Trumpies than indulge.

Yes ignore all republicans when we will have a republican majority in the senate (runoffs are shoe in for republicans in GA) and then do executive orders which will be challenged in court. We’ll see how the Dems like it when every one of their moves are halted by some judge somewhere and challenged until it reaches the Supreme Court and dies. Have fun! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

Yes ignore all republicans when we will have a republican majority in the senate (runoffs are shoe in for republicans in GA) and then do executive orders which will be challenged in court. We’ll see how the Dems like it when every one of their moves are halted by some judge somewhere and challenged until it reaches the Supreme Court and dies. Have fun! 

yep, poor politics on both sides. it is really too bad.

13 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You guys are still trying to kill Obamacare, lol 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

why not try really listening? not agree. just listen. see where others are coming from. accept that their life and perspective is different from yours. accept that you can be, and are, wrong. accept that your blanket statements are not helpful.

there is so much more, start there. and if you can't seem to figure it out, find a role model who does have it figured out.

You guys cant be serious with this, right? When has it ever once occurred the other way? When have you or any Republican ever accepted they were wrong? Or even accepted that someone else may have a different life perspective?

When you are denying gay rights?

When you are tearing children away from their families for simply wanting a better life?

When you are yelling "ALL Lives Matter" and "He was no angel" in response to folks protesting en masse because police are murdering people?

But now the Presidency has flipped and all of a sudden you want to be "listened to".

We heard enough the last 4 years while they were "owning libs". I know exactly where they are coming from.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

I do try to listen to the other side. The problem is most of it is genuinely deranged fear mongering nonsense. Nothing but slippery slope arguments ($15 minimum wage will lead to communism in 6 months!!") or insane conspiracy theories ("Kamala Harris is going to round up and execute all Catholics!"). 

Pete Buttigieg put it really well in his book: people want to return to an ideal time that was only ideal for a select group of people. Sure, there were jobs aplenty, but if you were a female you were limited to a teacher or a secretary, while minorities were stuck to the hard labor and farm work. Our ideal is yet to come, and it involves all people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Trumpies not all republicans are Turmpies. Republicans dont even like Trumpies b/c they make republicans look bad. I doubt the dems do anything that stupid b.c they are not named Trump. I love the what ifs that Trumpies say... 

Still waiting for the fix to Obamacare lol

1 hour ago, dickleyjones said:

See you cannot even stop for one second to do that with this response... hypocritical bull####.

Thanks for making our collective point on the Right Wing Nutbags.

Edited by TBBills

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You guys cant be serious with this, right? When has it ever once occurred the other way? When have you or any Republican ever accepted they were wrong? Or even accepted that someone else may have a different life perspective?

When you are denying gay rights?

When you are tearing children away from their families for simply wanting a better life?

When you are yelling "ALL Lives Matter" and "He was no angel" in response to folks protesting en masse because police are murdering people?

But now the Presidency has flipped and all of a sudden you want to be "listened to".

We heard enough the last 4 years while they were "owning libs". I know exactly where they are coming from.

me?

i accept i am wrong, quite often. i also absolutely accept that most others have a different life perspective. that's the reason I try my best to listen. it is a part of how i get along with others. try it, it is rather freeing.

i do not deny gay rights. i do not tear children away from anyone. i do not yell "all lives matter". and i am surely not a republican, nor am i a democrat.

i'm a canadian. i look sadly upon my friends to the south. Republicans and Democrats. sad because your country is a great one, so much to offer, yet you are bogging yourselves down in self-righteousness.

all i am suggesting is you listen to each other. does that really deserve the rebuke you lashed out with? is that not something you should consider? or is it now 4 years of hell because "they" did it last time? you do see how that is a never ending cycle, yes? it just screams of childishness.

obligatory: sorry.

58 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I do try to listen to the other side. The problem is most of it is genuinely deranged fear mongering nonsense. Nothing but slippery slope arguments ($15 minimum wage will lead to communism in 6 months!!") or insane conspiracy theories ("Kamala Harris is going to round up and execute all Catholics!").

then you are not really listening. listening requires you to actually engage. asks questions to clarify. dialogue.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

See you cannot even stop for one second to do that with this response... hypocritical bull####.

Thanks for making our collective point on the Right Wing Nutbags.

i'm sorry, i don't know what you mean. what is hypocritical about suggesting you listen to each other?

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea that sounds like you want us to listen to each other... stop hiding your bull#### agenda.

what agenda is that? what is wrong about asking you to accept that you can be and are wrong about things?

i am wrong about things. i make baseless assumptions sometimes and have to correct myself. i can be insensitive sometimes. i'm sure there are many other examples.

are you saying that you are not wrong about anything?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dickleyjones said:

what agenda is that? what is wrong about asking you to accept that you can be and are wrong about things?

i am wrong about things. i make baseless assumptions sometimes and have to correct myself. i can be insensitive sometimes. i'm sure there are many other examples.

are you saying that you are not wrong about anything?

Not wrong about what is being talked about. Are you just full of stupid cliches or what?

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Not wrong about what is being talked about. Are you just full of stupid cliches or what?

what is a Trumpy (Trumpie?)? why do you believe that all Trumpies are the same?

edit: still waiting for what you think my agenda is.

Edited by dickleyjones