Trump's Legal Machine Grinds to a Halt

WideNine

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

But I mean the argument that if things were exactly the same as when Trump won in 2016 how could he lose in 2020 is brilliant...unless of course things aren't the same as 2016 at all.

The Surpreme Court will probably just not hear the case but if they do, I look forward to the 9-0 scathing drubbing and only wish Scalia was alive to write it. 

And so it ends.

Will anyone tell Trump it's over?

Today's 7-2 decision slapping down the State of Texas lawsuit was really a 9-0 unanimous decision. The two who added their own two-line opinions -- Alito and Thomas (NOT any of Trump appointees; thank you for proving him wrong when he thought you'd be political hacks) simply noted that they would have dismissed the case on different grounds.

There is nowhere else for Trump to go now except to the state legislatures and the Congress itself. That would be a pure political power play, not even wrapped in the guise of a legal proceeding. As many have said, it would also be the final norm to be broken by a President who seemingly relishes the opportunity to break norms.

Being a conservative used to mean that one appreciated and defended norms ...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And so it ends.

Will anyone tell Trump it's over?

Today's 7-2 decision slapping down the State of Texas lawsuit was really a 9-0 unanimous decision. The two who added their own two-line opinions -- Alito and Thomas (NOT any of Trump appointees; thank you for proving him wrong when he thought you'd be political hacks) simply noted that they would have dismissed the case on different grounds.

There is nowhere else for Trump to go now except to the state legislatures and the Congress itself. That would be a pure political power play, not even wrapped in the guise of a legal proceeding. As many have said, it would also be the final norm to be broken by a President who seemingly relishes the opportunity to break norms.

Being a conservative used to mean that one appreciated and defended norms ...

Trump isn't a conservative. 

He's a fascist.

He doesn't believe in Democracy, and he's not hiding it anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

It is done.  It was done Nov 3rd.  The only reason we have to put up with this is because a 3 year old in the White House is having a temper tantrum.  If he tries anything else like forcing legislators to change the will of the people he should be arrested for sedition.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is done.  It was done Nov 3rd.  The only reason we have to put up with this is because a 3 year old in the White House is having a temper tantrum.  If he tries anything else like forcing legislators to change the will of the people he should be arrested for sedition.

Honestly he's crossed that line already pressuring election officials not to certify, state legislators to somehow overturn it, and Governors to also not certify. He's gotten away with for two reasons. 1. The same reason the impeachment didn't go through the senate plus democrats just want the process to throw him out without them getting into the muck with him. 2. Our government doesn't seemed to of taken into consideration that someone would ever do the things he has or maybe more accurately they thought we wouldn't let him.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The only reason I don't think it's legally sedition is because none of the Republican officials Trump's pressured  bowed to the Dictator-Wannabe-in-Chief's threats.  They saved his ass by refusing to do his bidding since there needs to be an actual seditious action.   Otherwise, he's just exercising "free speech" however reprehensible and dangerous his words may be.

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly he's crossed that line already pressuring election officials not to certify, state legislators to somehow overturn it, and Governors to also not certify. He's gotten away with for two reasons. 1. The same reason the impeachment didn't go through the senate plus democrats just want the process to throw him out without them getting into the muck with him. 2. Our government doesn't seemed to of taken into consideration that someone would ever do the things he has or maybe more accurately they thought we wouldn't let him.

Exactly. 

@Dragoon please don't do something that's going to hurt your life and those that I'm sure care about you. Don't waste yourself on this Narcissist he doesn't care about you, he's raised hundreds of millions of dollars supposedly to fight the results of this election and only spent a fraction of it on it, he doesn't care.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

@Dragoon please don't do something that's going to hurt your life and those that I'm sure care about you. Don't waste yourself on this Narcissist he doesn't care about you, he's raised hundreds of millions of dollars supposedly to fight the results of this election and only spent a fraction of it on it, he doesn't care.

He's got a history of posting violent stuff apparently against racial groups under his name as the dude. He got banned here and is welcome at the new place. Just fyi. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dragoon said:

However, the tenant of that contract is that we the people keep our arms and we will sic semper tyranis if our property rights, liberty, and justice become infringed upon. 

Are you that guy from the Rent Is Too Damn High party???

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Listen, more often than not times do NOT call for extreme measures and people like me should be left to rattle sabres. People like me should be listened to, and taken seriously because we are the final authority and I would argue the last check and balance in the equation. I challenge any moderate to challenge me on that topic. This nation was built on the social contract. We must...for the sake of a bette tomorrow, sacrifice small amounts of our liberty to ensure we live in a society of laws where property rights are respected. However, the tenant of that contract is that we the people keep our arms and we will sic semper tyranis if our property rights, liberty, and justice become infringed upon. 

Yeah right uh huh 

WE THE PEOPLE 

Not you and your snowflake feelings.  

Tyrants?   Is that why you love Trump??

15 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Trump tweeted the Supreme Court has no wisdom. I feel like he appointed 3 of them. Shouldn’t he have vetted their wisdom prior to putting them through the confirmation process?

Republicans approved all 3 mainly along party lines. Does this means Republicans are also a bad judge of wisdom?

you can’t fix stupid 

19 hours ago, Warcodered said:

exactly.  

he will use that money he got from suckers for his own means 

you Dragoon are nothing but a low brow lemming in his cult

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you Dragoon are nothing but a low bread lemming in his cult

what kind of bread is that?

Easy Perfect Yeast Bread

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Sarah Pin joined in the voter fraud movement.... Well just in time to lose some more.

Is she still driving around the country in bus with her face on it?