Why didn't McDermott challenge the Davis TD?

JerseyBills

59 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn't read much past the first few comments...but it should not be left up to a rookie WR to advocate for whether he stayed in bounds. The coaching staff needs to get WAY BETTER at this part of the game. I honestly think that their poor track record on challenges is in their head now.   Just like all other aspects of being an NFL Team, this is something they have to work on.  If this had been a playoff game, they would NOT have wanted to leave any points on the field.

Yes. 

This is exactly what I'm afraid of and in Jan these plays can be the difference between a W or L.

Can't leave 4 points on the field because your scared to throw that flag

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Yes. 

This is exactly what I'm afraid of and in Jan these plays can be the difference between a W or L.

Can't leave 4 points on the field because your scared to throw that flag

It is not clear it would have been overturned. It “looks” good but is their indisputable evidence?   No

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I would not have overturned it on a review unless there is another angle, I am not sure the ball was in. I also think the fact we were at one plays a part here and we should have just bashed it in.

Even so the spot should of changed Josh could of punched it in real easy.

Honestly this seems like something McDermot was probably asking his review expert after the game.

Edited by Warcodered

On 11/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mcdermott said:

Players routinely think they made a play when replay proves they didn’t. You can’t let them influence you.

How much of that is gamesmanship where they are pretending to believe they made a play to try and influence the refs?