Knox activated from Covid Reserve; back to practice

YoloinOhio

Just now, akcash said:

Knox has on bad drop this year. Other than that his only flaw has been his availability. I'm very excited to see his second half of the year. Dude just needs to get on the field.

And that game-changing fumble after a 38-yard play in Miami.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need their secondary as healthy as possible for the next two weeks.  Hopefully Wallace, Poyer, Hyde and White are ready to go

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Game changing? I remember thinking it as a W before the fumble and it still was after.

Instead of 1st down at the Miami 35 one play into the 2nd drive, Buffalo ended up deep in their own territory. Yes, that changes things.

• Like (+1) 1

I am very glad Knox has been cleared from the protocol and is Good to Go! 

Hopefully his calf is all healed as well.

That said, hopefully he will need to EARN his snaps back from Baby Beluga (aka Tyler Kroft).

Kroft has not contributed big numbers, but he has come through in critical situations.  He's rocking a 74% completion %, less than 10% drops.

Made a difficult diving-to-ground 11 yd catch against the Pats while Josh was under pressure for a first down

He was 4 for 4 for 64 yds vs the Jets, 3 for 1st downs and if only the "turf monster" hadn't gobbled him could have had more

Now that I'm watching all-22 for those Beluga Whale sightings, Kroft can be seen out there quietly Doing His Job, whatever it is he's asked to do. 

Knox is by far the higher ceiling guy - the superior athlete, tougher.  He's less consistent on his blocks, and so far he's rocking a Gawdawful 50% catch % and 17% drops.

We need a TE who can do what he's asked to do consistently, not an on-again, off-again Blinking Strobe Light.  If we can find the switch that sets him to "ON" instead of "Strobe", go with Knox.

12 minutes ago, akcash said:

Knox has on bad drop this year. Other than that his only flaw has been his availability. I'm very excited to see his second half of the year. Dude just needs to get on the field.

Two.  Plus a fumble.  Plus two targets over his head that hit his hands and he could have brought in, but didn't (I don't think those were scored as drops).

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Having a nice physical runner like him might be useful against these 6 DB looks they’ve been getting. 

I could even see giving him handoffs like patsies used the killer... 

Yeah, if a team has a heavy dime gameplan, you can run 2 TEs or 2 backs and really mess with em.  

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Having a nice physical runner like him might be useful against these 6 DB looks they’ve been getting. 

he was being used as more of an Hback pre-injury so I could see that 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am very glad Knox has been cleared from the protocol and is Good to Go! 

Hopefully his calf is all healed as well.

That said, hopefully he will need to EARN his snaps back from Baby Beluga (aka Tyler Kroft).

Kroft has not contributed big numbers, but he has come through in critical situations.  He's rocking a 74% completion %, less than 10% drops.

Made a difficult diving-to-ground 11 yd catch against the Pats while Josh was under pressure for a first down

He was 4 for 4 for 64 yds vs the Jets, 3 for 1st downs and if only the "turf monster" hadn't gobbled him could have had more

Now that I'm watching all-22 for those Beluga Whale sightings, Kroft can be seen out there quietly Doing His Job, whatever it is he's asked to do. 

Knox is by far the higher ceiling guy - the superior athlete, tougher.  He's less consistent on his blocks, and so far he's rocking a Gawdawful 50% catch % and 17% drops.

We need a TE who can do what he's asked to do consistently, not an on-again, off-again Blinking Strobe Light.  If we can find the switch that sets him to "ON" instead of "Strobe", go with Knox.

Two.  Plus a fumble.  Plus two targets over his head that hit his hands and he could have brought in, but didn't (I don't think those were scored as drops).

I remember the on against I think it was against Tenn... it was like 5-10 yards over the middle right to left. Which was the other one?

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Yeah, if a team has a heavy dime gameplan, you can run 2 TEs or 2 backs and really mess with em.  

Here's the thing though: 

If asked to list the best skill players on the Bills offense, how do you rank these guys? 

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Singletary

Moss

Davis

McKensie

Kroft

Knox

If you're running 2 TEs, it means someone else is seated. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

he was being used as more of an Hback pre-injury so I could see that 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I agree with both of these. I think he could be deadly watching balls out of the backfield.