Top 3 Favorite Snack Chips

NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Martin's are solid chips too. Pennsylvania has some good chips: 

download.jpeg.jpg

I'm about 40 minutes from the Herrs factory,  but have yet to do a tour. Martin's are top notch as well. If you like pretzels Hammonds are cream of the crop. I like the extra salty.

hammonds-orange-can.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Fantastic answer.  You’ve got to match the chip with the rest of the experience.

- Good, sturdy ruffle chip with great sour cream and onion dip is killer for me

- Quality tortilla chips used for nachos (layered for goodness sakes)

- Fritos (scoops) with chili 

- Good pita chips work great with a lot of dips too.  We make a killer caramelized onion dip that’s bomb with them

If I have to eat a chip by itself it would probably be a Pringles sour cream and onion chip or a Lay’s BBQ chip. 

Excellent topic BTW

Can you share this recipe? Am intrigued by the “caramelized” description!

On 11/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I mean, there are so many to choose from--how lucky are we?? I'm saying top 3 because how could you pick just 1 kind?

For my money, the top 3 would be:

Ruffles All Dressed

Ruffles-All-Dressed.jpg 

Doritos Sweet/Spicy Chili

doritos-spicy-sweet-chili-002101205.jpg

Are these considered potato chips? Well, let's just say they are for purposes of the OP!

Cheetos+crunchy.gif

However, there are so many more...what are yours?

[Edit: By popular demand, the title has been amended to reflect a more inclusive foodie experience outside of the potato itself]

Is there a difference between a chip and a snack chip?

781B4798-041B-4BD2-9960-7ED9DF1DCB3A.thumb.jpeg.5e710b1019a3eb2abc7f59ff579ae2dc.jpegMy all-time favorite chip. The onion and garlic flavors combine to make a truly remarkable potato chip. Who needs sour cream?

7B025A3D-C459-4D13-907A-4A4B1586C477.jpegThese are from Canada and only come out every couple of years. Taste just like fries covered in gravy - brilliant.

054142AE-F13F-4456-ABDD-ACE10592C4A6.jpegBest Salt and Vinegar Chips made today. Malt vinegar makes the difference. The crunch makes it impossible to eat just a few. So good. 

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, Captain_Quint said:

Only if theyre in a 7 gallon container.

r512x400_1568043643908.jpg

My wife and the rest of us have an ongoing battle between eating healthy (her) and eating what we like (us).

At some point a pact was made that when the Bills play on Super Bowl Sunday she'll buy the 7 gallon container of cheesy poofs.

Good times.

On 11/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, sherpa said:

I don't eat any of that stuff, so my single contribution is to thank the gods that nobody mentioned Pringles.

The single worst product designed for human consumption that was ever invented.

I went to Turks and Caicos and was amazed at the sheer number of varieties of Pringles they had in the airport that I had never seen before.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.