Josh Allen - week EIGHT report card

rayray808

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'd say B. He made some nice run checks today. And that throw to Davis in the EZ has to be caught...

I was hoping someone would mention that.  Eric Woods was discussing that topic with Maddy Glab in the postgame show, saying that Allen on (I forget the number he gave, but it was substantial) Allen made the "Alert Alert" call and changed the play, and that it was a big factor in the run game success.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was hoping someone would mention that.  Eric Woods was discussing that topic with Maddy Glab in the postgame show, saying that Allen on (I forget the number he gave, but it was substantial) Allen made the "Alert Alert" call and changed the play, and that it was a big factor in the run game success.

I believe one was the Zach Moss 20 yard run down to the 8 on the run before he scored the first TD...he checked into a run that gashed them...but I believe he did it fairly often today.

Feliciano was phenomenal in the run game...if PFF doesn't give him an 85+ run blocking grade today they don't need to be grading people.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The defender his Diggs outside area 5 yards from line of scrimmage pushing Diggs outside when Allen was throwing it inside.

Referee should take part of fault.

I said that in GameDay thread.  Was illegal contact. 

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

He ran out of bounds and took a sack that was dumb , the pick and maybe not his fault but a risky throw just the same    He wasnt above average  Not terrible not fantastic  Maybe Gabe catches the td an were not relying on a Cam fumble and he gets the B 

I dont think it was a risky throw at all.  If Diggs cuts in the ball hits him in the chest. 

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I said that in GameDay thread.  Was illegal contact. 

I gave up bringing laptop to bar. I was not even in my bar but local bar, Joe Theismann's Restaurant which is not even owned by him.

I think Bills should have called timeout and have game replay operator show that repeatedly.  Zebras have been known to change calls when they know they will be scored poorly.  Did not make a difference at end but it could have.

4 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

In regards to Allen....The last 4 games have proven the first four were a fluke and at this point you really have to wonder if QB should be among the top priorities in the offseason.

And speaking of the first four games and to Allen's credit, this would easily be a 3-5 team right now if not for Allen playing above his head and bailing a horrendous defense out.

You obviously are the opposite of your user name.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Man, this board is nuts right now. We're not a great team at the moment. How can this performance by Allen be an A? Hes the least of our worries btw. Keep playing like this against real teams and we are gonna get our nuts stomped.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 1

Got to say I'm not high on Allen after these last few games. I washed away all of my fears of his 1st 2 years after the first 4 games but he looks like he regressed back to the mean of what he was last year. 

My guess is it's the weather or it's D-coordinators saw something that makes him mortal again or he was just playing out of his mind. 

These next 5 games are extremely hard. I think we win at least 2 of them making us minimally 8-5 or 9-4.

I give him a "C-" for this game.