JP gets even with Drew?

Buftex

you forgot the quality player we will receive via trade for Travis.  Something Drew could not provide...

313332[/snapback]

And how much extra cap space will we have next year because Drew is gone? Oh 5-6 million, I think that might buy a pretty decent player. 1.25 gets you nothing. :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the way JP may have meant it is that this is the position that he plays and , as they say, you can't see the trees because you're in the forest. Or something like that.

Did I screw that up? I don't know. I think I would have to hear it for myself and see if he had sarcastic tones and if he was just merely speaking from the heart. I do like that he has the desire to do the best that he can be and publicly come out with it and say it. He of all people realizes how scrutinized he already is and he didn't shy away from the issue or responsibility of his job desciption. Kudos to Big Cat.

I think the way JP may have meant it is that this is the position that he plays and , as they say, you can't see the trees because you're in the forest. Or something like that.

Did I screw that up? I don't know. I think I would have to hear it for myself and see if he had sarcastic tones and if he was just merely speaking from the heart. I do like that he has the desire to do the best that he can be and publicly come out with it and say it. He of all people realizes how scrutinized he already is and he didn't shy away from the issue or responsibility of his job desciption. Kudos to Big Cat.

313337[/snapback]

dont mistake the trees for the forest

QB don't typical run routes or get a chance to drop passes, so I didn't add those.  I forgot about the Miami game.  As far as running through holes he already is showing his stupidity there by taking on smaller safeties and not getting out of bounds.

313334[/snapback]

But you know VA, we really need this kid to be a player. I think it is possible, but he needs to shut up.....if for no other reason, so posters here will not actually refer to him as 'Big Cat," perhaps the flimsiest, most lame and candyass stuff I have ever read on all my years on this board.

I would rather read "Travis for Gallery" trade proposals. At least they are funny.

QB don't typical run routes or get a chance to drop passes, so I didn't add those.  I forgot about the Miami game.  As far as running through holes he already is showing his stupidity there by taking on smaller safeties and not getting out of bounds.

313334[/snapback]

You guys should get a room! :rolleyes:

JP is a most confident young man this answer to question :

Terry Long (St. Marys, PA): If you were in the 2005 NFL Draft, where would you project yourself among the top QB's like Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers?

JPL: I don't know. I have no idea. I thought I was the top quarterback last year and look what happened. It all depends on the coach and the style he wants. I can only be myself and the type of player that I am. If I'm not impressive to one coach but another coach loves me… I just want to play with whoever likes my style. I think I found a home here. The coaches love my attitude and my work ethic and they love the way that I play the game taking advantage of my mobility so as far as this year's draft I have no idea. Every coach is different and every organization is different. I'm not thinking about the draft at all. I'm thinking about the playbook and about our mini-camp the weekend after the draft. I have two friends that are going into the draft so hopefully they do get drafted and get drafted rather high. If they don't I hope they find a home in free agency. That's pretty much all I'm looking forward to in this year's draft. I'm excited for the players that I played against and had relationships with.

Anybody think that this quote, from the JP interview on BB.com, is a (not so) subtle swipe at Drew Bledsoe, maybe a little getting even for Drew's "I don't see myself bein a back-up to anyone in this leauge, JP in particular" comment that seemed to rile so many up?:

"Matt Parish (Port Jefferson Station): What was the most important thing you learned about yourself while sitting out last season?

JP Losman: For the first time in a long time I was able to look at the game from the sidelines as a fan and see that when someone makes a mistake, especially from the quarterback position, it looks really bad. That makes me work that much harder from a mental standpoint because I don't ever want to look that bad. "

Funny stuff!  God I wish the Bills and Cowboys were playing this year!  :)

313279[/snapback]

Fuggin A' JP! And some people are bitchin' cuz our new QB has a set of stones ...

:rolleyes:

Fuggin A' JP! And some people are bitchin' cuz our new QB has a set of stones ...

:rolleyes:

313354[/snapback]

nope- just bill and his buddy. The rest of us appreciate JPs moxy and are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

JP is a most confident young man  this answer to question :

Terry Long (St. Marys, PA): If you were in the 2005 NFL Draft, where would you project yourself among the top QB's like Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers?

JPL: I don't know. I have no idea. I thought I was the top quarterback last year and look what happened. It all depends on the coach and the style he wants. I can only be myself and the type of player that I am. If I'm not impressive to one coach but another coach loves me… I just want to play with whoever likes my style. I think I found a home here. The coaches love my attitude and my work ethic and they love the way that I play the game taking advantage of my mobility so as far as this year's draft I have no idea. Every coach is different and every organization is different. I'm not thinking about the draft at all. I'm thinking about the playbook and about our mini-camp the weekend after the draft. I have two friends that are going into the draft so hopefully they do get drafted and get drafted rather high. If they don't I hope they find a home in free agency. That's pretty much all I'm looking forward to in this year's draft. I'm excited for the players that I played against and had relationships with.

313347[/snapback]

I assume one of these friends is Roydell Williams (WR) but the other one, I don't have a clue.

nope- just bill and his buddy.  The rest of us appreciate JPs moxy and are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

313360[/snapback]

If the little kid that JP ranked on was your son, perhaps you would sing a different tune. Perhaps not.

Hey, why dont we focus on the "quality player" we are getting for Travis tomorrow, OK? :rolleyes:

I assume one of these friends is Roydell Williams (WR) but the other one, I don't have a clue.

313361[/snapback]

I shouldn supply answer as this person I am familier with :rolleyes:

Grant Freeman (Millbank, ONT): Former teammate Roydell Williams of Tulane is up to be drafted this Saturday. How would you feel about him being one of your targets as a Buffalo Bill?

JPL: We talked about it. He's all for it. He's ready to go somewhere where he knows somebody. I could help him out. Roydell and Chris Bush, another receiver at Tulane, I definitely wish I could have them here but it's not up to me

I shouldn supply answer as this person I am familier with :rolleyes:

Grant Freeman (Millbank, ONT): Former teammate Roydell Williams of Tulane is up to be drafted this Saturday. How would you feel about him being one of your targets as a Buffalo Bill?

JPL: We talked about it. He's all for it. He's ready to go somewhere where he knows somebody. I could help him out. Roydell and Chris Bush, another receiver at Tulane, I definitely wish I could have them here but it's not up to me

313364[/snapback]

LOL

That was a good question millbank, I wouldn't mind Williams as a Bill.

I just read that. He can only be talking about one player. I for one am glad he called it the way he saw it. Take that Drew

313283[/snapback]

you guys need to settle down. he said someone referring to anyone who makes a mistake.

It was just conversation. if he was really taking a swipe at drew, he could do a lot better than that. i believe he will, and it will be with his play. so take it easy there big cat

Anybody think that this quote, from the JP interview on BB.com, is a (not so) subtle swipe at Drew Bledsoe, maybe a little getting even for Drew's "I don't see myself bein a back-up to anyone in this leauge, JP in particular" comment that seemed to rile so many up?:

"Matt Parish (Port Jefferson Station): What was the most important thing you learned about yourself while sitting out last season?

JP Losman: For the first time in a long time I was able to look at the game from the sidelines as a fan and see that when someone makes a mistake, especially from the quarterback position, it looks really bad. That makes me work that much harder from a mental standpoint because I don't ever want to look that bad. "

Funny stuff!  God I wish the Bills and Cowboys were playing this year!  :rolleyes:

313279[/snapback]

Wow, the spin doctors are in full force tonight.

Reading that quote, I don't see how anyone could say that he's talking about DB, at least not specifically. He could be talking about all of the really crappy QBs he saw play against Buffalo (Cleveland, SF, etc). He could even be talking about HIS play agaainst the Patriots.

Poeple are reading way too much into every word this guy makes. Of course, the same can be said for DB quotes.

CW

But you know VA, we really need this kid to be a player. I think it is possible, but he needs to shut up.....if for no other reason, so posters here will not actually refer to him as 'Big Cat," perhaps the flimsiest, most lame and candyass stuff I have ever read on all my years on this board.

313343[/snapback]

Not even close. First, there's a good story behind the nickname, so even if the nickname DID get out, which it never would, someone would ask about the story's origin, and you have a cool story to tell.

Personally, I don't read that as him talking specifically about Bledsoe. The reality is, during that last run...we made a lot of OTHER quarterbacks look pretty stupid. I hope he was also referring to what he saw our defense do to some guys.

Try this on for size.

Vincent set the tone from the Browns' first play from scrimmage, sacking rookie Luke McCown for an 11-yard loss.

By the time it was over, the Bills had generated five turnovers, added eight sacks and limited the blundering Browns to 17 yards of offense on 46 plays.

We held the Browns to 17 yards of TOTAL offense! FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME!

Is there ANY chance maybe, JUST MAYBE, he was referring to other quarterbacks in addition to Drew?

Not even close. First, there's a good story behind the nickname, so even if the nickname DID get out, which it never would, someone would ask about the story's origin, and you have a cool story to tell.

Personally, I don't read that as him talking specifically about Bledsoe. The reality is, during that last run...we made a lot of OTHER quarterbacks look pretty stupid. I hope he was also referring to what he saw our defense do to some guys.

Try this on for size.

Is there ANY chance maybe, JUST MAYBE, he was referring to other quarterbacks in addition to Drew?

313377[/snapback]

Umm, what are you doing here on your birthday on a Friday night???? Shouldn't you be out having fun or something...? :rolleyes:

(Happy Birthday :) ).

CW

Umm, what are you doing here on your birthday on a Friday night????  Shouldn't you be out having fun or something...?  :rolleyes: 

(Happy Birthday :lol: ).

CW

313381[/snapback]

My wife just finished feeding my son and putting him down, and we're about to have dinner. It's a very happy birthday. :)

Try this on for size.

313377[/snapback]

MAYBE.... Nah. :rolleyes: