JP gets even with Drew?

Buftex

Wow, this ranks right up there with "Big Cat!"  :rolleyes:

Do you guys think that it is good for an unproven nobody to take swipes at a qb who has thrown for 39,000 yards? While Drew was making mistakes, JP was layed up in traction because he brushed up against a defensive back, and an older one at that.

It amazes me that every time this kid utters something classless and or stupid, people liken it to the football equivalent of Shakespeare.

How about if JP survives a real game unscathed, let alone the preseason, before shooting off his mouth at a professional quarterback. He can limit his comments to hapless, defenseless children for a while longer.

How about that?

313314[/snapback]

39,000? Like one of those long-time, lazy, shiftless employees you work with who says they have 20 years "experience" and filled in as a warm body for 2 decades.

:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think that it is good for an unproven nobody to take swipes at a qb who has thrown for 39,000 yards? While Drew was making mistakes, JP was layed up in traction because he brushed up against a defensive back, and an older one at that.

It amazes me that every time this kid utters something classless and or stupid, people liken it to the football equivalent of Shakespeare.

How about if JP survives a real game unscathed, let alone the preseason, before shooting off his mouth at a professional quarterback. He can limit his comments to hapless, defenseless children for a while longer.

How about that?

313314[/snapback]

Man, somebody's cranky :) Maybe, he was taking a swipe at Drew, maybe he wasn't. I can think of some other QB's who look pretty pathetic against our D last year that he saw.

I am not sure JP is the new Travis.  Let's wait and see if he misses blitz pickups, fumbles everygame, switches the ball back and forth between hands while running through the line, picks up 15 year olds at the local gas station and then becomes  a prick after the Bills draft a better player and better person in a few years.

313329[/snapback]

True, he's got some big shoes to fill. Thank God he's been working out hard this offseason...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3168

From his chat at BuffaloBills.com:

"Matt Parish (Port Jefferson Station): What was the most important thing you learned about yourself while sitting out last season?

JP Losman: For the first time in a long time I was able to look at the game from the sidelines as a fan and see that when someone makes a mistake, especially from the quarterback position, it looks really bad. That makes me work that much harder from a mental standpoint because I don't ever want to look that bad."

OUCH!!! I'm sure he didn't mean to insult Bledsoe like that, but wow! Why don't you just say Bledsoe sucked? What is even more curious is that not only did they print that answer at BB.com, but it was the FIRST answer! Is there a message in THAT?

PTR

I shouldn supply answer as this person I am familier with :rolleyes:

Grant Freeman (Millbank, ONT): Former teammate Roydell Williams of Tulane is up to be drafted this Saturday. How would you feel about him being one of your targets as a Buffalo Bill?

JPL: We talked about it. He's all for it. He's ready to go somewhere where he knows somebody. I could help him out. Roydell and Chris Bush, another receiver at Tulane, I definitely wish I could have them here but it's not up to me

313364[/snapback]

Could we call him "The Ragin' Royd?"

PTR

JP is brutally honest, it seems. I think he might be a little loose in the tongue, which could make for some interesting sportscenter moments. But Drew had it coming. Drew is an okay quarterback who believes he's a first ballot hall of famer and believes he's still a top 5 QB. Drew looked awful in about 2/3rds of the games he played in his buffalo career. He had that comment coming.

As I said long before the bills released him...I wish him well...in DALLAS.

OUCH!!!  I'm sure he didn't mean to insult Bledsoe like that, but wow!  Why don't you just say Bledsoe sucked?  What is even more curious is that not only did they print that answer at BB.com, but it was the FIRST answer!  Is there a message in THAT?

PTR

313466[/snapback]

I believe he meant watching all of the QBs, not just ours.

How about that?

313314[/snapback]

Hey, I am as big a Bledsoe supporter as there is/was after the season was over. I just posted this, partly because I like the fact that Losman is a little cocky, and if this was a veiled insult of Bledsoe (like everyone insisted Bledsoe's "particularly not JP" comment), I like the fact that it shows he is smart enough to pull it off, just as Bledsoe may have been. It says something for his ability to communicate.

I liked Bledsoe a lot, but, that said, he is a Cowboy now, and I would relish seeing the two of them sqauare off against eachother. As bummed as I was to see Bledsoe leave, I am excited about the possibilties that Losman represents. Like you, I realize he has not proven a thing yet, but it should be fun to see it all start again. We don't draft a QB in the first round very often. The last one turned out to be pretty damn good...looking forward to this season!

Wow, the spin doctors are in full force tonight.

Reading that quote, I don't see how anyone could say that he's talking about DB, at least not specifically.  He could be talking about all of the really crappy QBs he saw play against Buffalo (Cleveland, SF, etc).  He could even be talking about HIS play agaainst the Patriots.

Poeple are reading way too much into every word this guy makes.  Of course, the same can be said for DB quotes.

CW

313375[/snapback]

Hey Fez,

That was exactly my point! If anybody has ever read my posts (they rarely get much response, so I will assume they don't) I am a true blue Bledsoe "apologist" and wish he was still a Bill! My point was all the people who got riled up over Bledsoes' "particularly JP" comment, as if he had slammed JP Losman and all of WNY!

The draft is tomorrow, "onward to the future!"

From his chat at BuffaloBills.com:

"Matt Parish (Port Jefferson Station): What was the most important thing you learned about yourself while sitting out last season?

JP Losman: For the first time in a long time I was able to look at the game from the sidelines as a fan and see that when someone makes a mistake, especially from the quarterback position, it looks really bad. That makes me work that much harder from a mental standpoint because I don't ever want to look that bad."

OUCH!!!  I'm sure he didn't mean to insult Bledsoe like that, but wow!  Why don't you just say Bledsoe sucked?  What is even more curious is that not only did they print that answer at BB.com, but it was the FIRST answer!  Is there a message in THAT?

PTR

313466[/snapback]

Jim and Jack didn't make mistakes? :rolleyes:

If you were to ask him personally, he'd tell you all the QB's he watched not just the one you're thinking of!

Settle down, dude.

313315[/snapback]

I prefer to think of it this way! If this kid plays half as good as his comments suggest he thinks he can.... then at least he'll be exciting to watch!! I want to see some emotion and fire from the Q.B. position again, we haven't had that since Jim left the field in the Jax playoff loss! :w00t:

All he was talking about was that he didn't want to look bad and by seeing others mistakes he thinks he understands what not to do in certain situations because of it.

313517[/snapback]

As much as it pains me to type this, I agree with BF on this one. :w00t:

Seriously, name one quarterback who never makes mistakes. I'm just glad to hear he was paying attention...