The Trump Health Hoax

6 hours ago, Process said:

This can not be real life lmao. What a ****ing embarassment, coming from a republican who is as anti lib as they get.

If only those 200,000+ people hadn't let it dominate their lives...also if only they were the President of the United States and received the best medical care in the country.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Asking people to wear a mask to help in the fight has been twisted into a political issue by Trump and some of his supporters. It's beyond absurd.

Seriously, I saw Biden talking about wearing a mask as the patriotic thing to do. You know who else could of done that? I mean come on he wants people to stand respectfully at attention for the National Anthem but asking them to wear masks is a bridge too far?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He looks healthier than you figured though, huh. 

Because of credibility or lack of credibility many question whether he actually had Covid, just another photo op like the church. Could have added The Bible and Rocky theme.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Hang on.   Let me check to see who the original poster is.

That'll be a big negatory.  

How many people die every year in car accidents?  Are you afraid to drive?  Do you stay at home?  Avoid the freeway?  I know three people (at least) personally that have died in car accidents.  That's exactly 3 more people than I know who actually contracted the virus let alone died from it.  Yes...don't be afraid of the virus.  

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

So is the "risk" of COVID exaggerated?  I'm not saying the virus isn't dangerous.  But I've got a lot of questions that I can't seem to find answer to.  Most of them seem like questions people "following the science" would like and need answers to in order to properly set policy and assess the risk to public safety.  But that don't seem that curious.  And their proclamations are at times ambiguous or muddled with inconsistencies.

Just a few are:

When the virus first hit there was a massive number of deaths on the East coast, particularly NY and NJ but not so much on the West coast.  Were there two distinct strains of COVID at work here?  One more deadly than the other.

Is there a clear understanding of how transmission occurs?  It seems like after 7 or 8 months we'd have a better understanding.  Is it surface contact, droplets, aerosol?  I've read some research that suggests flushing toilets can hurl viral material into the air from infected feces and travel through ventilation in buildings like apartment complexes.  Is this true?

Are "super spreaders" asymptomatic?  Or do they need to display symptoms to be infectious?  At what point in the cycle does a person become infectious.

PCR tests are said to be inaccurate because they identify a significant number of false positives.  What's the false positive rate on these tests?  Is there a more accurate test?

The survival rate for people under 18 is said to be 99.997% with the risk of severe or critical infection close to zero.  Why isn't this mechanism understood yet?

How many mutations of the virus have been identified?  Are the recent mutations more harmful, less harmful, or the same?

There are dozens of medications and treatments in clinical trials right now.  Many appear to be very effective.  Why is there only one treatment approved so far?  The FDA was supposed to speed the approval process.  Why isn't this happening?  Why aren't they granting more EUA's?  There appears to be no sense of urgency here.

If the risk of severe or critical illness and death is concentrated in people over 70 and those with specific pre-existing conditions why isn't policy customized to protect the most vulnerable and allow younger people more freedoms?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

https://thebulwark.com/the-weirdest-90-seconds-in-presidential-history/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

"I’m an Emergency Room doctor, COVID has dominated my life for the last 7 months because of your incompetence, inhumanity, and stupidity. You’ve contributed to the deaths of almost a quarter million of us, anyone who has lived has lived in spite of your half assed efforts. Coward."

Someone found this funny. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Because of credibility or lack of credibility many question whether he actually had Covid, just another photo op like the church. Could have added The Bible and Rocky theme.

Sounds conspiracy-minded and deep state-ish imo. I’m not sure if the “many” referenced wonder if the whole thing dating back to wet markets and Wuhan was a set up to provide DJT the opportunity for the deceptively edited (my words, not Sec 3) video and heli-flight to/from Walter Reed.

B*tches be crazy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Donald Trump’s erratic and reckless behavior in the last 24 hours has opened a rift in the Trump family over how to rein in the out-of-control president, according to two Republicans briefed on the family conversations. Sources said Donald Trump Jr. is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night with members of the Secret Service while he was infected with COVID-19. “Don Jr. thinks Trump is acting crazy,” one of the sources told me. The stunt outraged medical experts, including an attending physician at Walter Reed. 

Duh! 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-presidents-covid-joyride-has-family-divided

Nuts, insane, fever crazy, yes 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

You compared a virus that will kill millions to a mode of transportation that greatly helps the lives of people. 

The virus has nothing positive about it.

It's not about living in fear. It's about doing what's necessary in order to deal with and eradicate the virus.

Asking people to wear a mask to help in the fight has been twisted into a political issue by Trump and some of his supporters. It's beyond absurd.

It’s about living in fear.  As I mentioned I know no one who has contracted the virus let alone has died from it but I do know people that fear it and have let it absolutely dictate their lives.  

Sorry you misunderstood my analogy. 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s about living in fear.  As I mentioned I know no one who has contracted the virus let alone has died from it but I do know people that fear it and have let it absolutely dictate their lives.  

Sorry you misunderstood my analogy. 

A friend of mine died from it.

The fact that you don't know someone who died from it should make you happy, but it doesn't change the fact that over 200,000 Americans and over 1,000,000 have died from it.  

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The fact that you don't know someone who died from it should make you happy, but it doesn't change the fact that over 200,000 Americans and over 1,000,000 have died from it.  

Not to mention the fact that there are probably hundreds of thousands of “long haulers” who experience effects of virus exposure for weeks and even months.  Virus “casualties” aren’t limited to moralities. 

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I’m sorry you friend died from it. And the fact the no one I know has died from it doesn’t change the fact people have died?  Brilliant.   It also doesn’t change the fact that people’s fear of it has negatively impacted their lives.  An example. My best friend is so paranoid he has not been in the office since the end of March. His practice has suffered greatly. He told me he met a client for lunch one day and he said it was terrible because he kept looking around to see how close people were to him and if they were wearing masks. And he is the biggest foodie I know. My mom turned 95 a couple months ago.  They had a party for her. Two of my sisters did show up over fear of the virus.  These are a few of many stories of people letting the virus control them.  I can’t do that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd explain it you you for the millionth time but given you're a 3rd chair...

Explain what to me?  How HCQ isn’t a prophylactic with respect to COVID-19? https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

Or how the drug doesn’t help hospitalized COVID-19 patients?

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-halts-clinical-trial-hydroxychloroquine

Or how the FDA has cautioned against the use of HCQ w/r/t COVID-19 outside of a hospital or a clinical setting?

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Science, 1; HCQ and “Doc,” 0. 

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Delusion amplified by steroid use.  Not a good combination for a guy with the nuke codes.  For once I agree with Don Jr./Uday. 

9 hours ago, snafu said:

Nutty conspiracy theory.

Hoax.  Interesting how yesterday’s presser revealed favorable information about the president, but potentially (and, frankly, likely) unfavorable information was shielded by HIPAA?

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He looks healthier than you figured though, huh. 

Nope.  He looks like a guy who has benefitted from steroids, who gasped for breath last night, and who has yet to reach the critical stage of this virus. 

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

His “don’t let it dominate you” comments were hilarious.

Right on.  Coming from the guy who took a helicopter ride to a hospital because he had the virus.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m sorry you friend died from it. And the fact the no one I know has died from it doesn’t change the fact people have died?  Brilliant.   It also doesn’t change the fact that people’s fear of it has negatively impacted their lives.  An example. My best friend is so paranoid he has not been in the office since the end of March. His practice has suffered greatly. He told me he met a client for lunch one day and he said it was terrible because he kept looking around to see how close people were to him and if they were wearing masks. And he is the biggest foodie I know. My mom turned 95 a couple months ago.  They had a party for her. Two of my sisters did show up over fear of the virus.  These are a few of many stories of people letting the virus control them.  I can’t do that. 

Some things deserve a healthy fear. No doubt some have been overcome with fear to a point where it's detrimental, but the actions of people like myself who don't blindly go around without masks in crowds has saved an incredible amount of lives.

It's okay to not fear fire, but putting your hands in a fire is far worse.