Seems Cody Ford is settling in at OG

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Looks like he’s the starting LG. When the RG went down Spain took over there and Ford stayed at LG

I noticed that too.

i thought he would go to RG because Spain is more familiar with LG.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, it looks like LG is his permanent home. As mentioned above, when Spain came in he went to RG. Logic says he would go back to his old spot and move Ford back to RG. But I would take this as a sign that LG is Cody Ford's position going forward. All indications are he is playing it well.

He looks very very good there. And playing between Dion and Morse gives him the protection he needs to develop, whereas, out there at RT he was on an island to himself a lot of times. Of course in hindsight, you don't love spending a high draft pick on a left guard, but he certainly has some tools there and the play of Daryl Williams allows them the luxury to do this. 

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Our OL seems to be decent to slightly above average in pass protection.. Although we don’t get much push in the run game, the protection has been OK. 

The OL is one of the best pass protectors in the NFL.  I just don't think fans really know what they are looking for in judging the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The OL is one of the best pass protectors in the NFL.  I just don't think fans really know what they are looking for in judging the OL. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Dawkins, Morse and Williams have been doing a fantastic job in terms of pass protection.. For the most part Allen has a nice little pocket to throw in.. Both guard spots worry me though.. Ford could develop into a good guard, there is a chance there indeed.. but 4 weeks into the season and I’m not impressed at all with our guards.. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t click for them later on, it’s just an observation ive had thus far.. so far guard has been our Achilles heel on that OL..

Just now, Victory Formation said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Dawkins, Morse and Williams have been doing a fantastic job in terms of pass protection.. For the most part Allen has a nice little pocket to throw in.. Both guard spots worry me though.. Ford could develop into a good guard, there is a chance there indeed.. but 4 weeks into the season and I’m not impressed at all with our guards.. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t click for them later on, it’s just an observation ive had thus far.. so far guard has been our Achilles heel on that OL..

The last couple weeks Ford has settled in IMO. Once Feliciano returns I think the OL will be dominant. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's playing really, REALLY well at LG right now. Once we get Feliciano back @ RG this OL is going to be even better. It's amazing what Beane has done with this team in his short time here. 

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Sure, but outside of playing again Donald, Allen has had nothing but clean pockets. Even when there is pressure, its not coming until 4 to 5 seconds after the snap, which is phenomenal. Now the run game? Thats a bit different.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sure, but outside of playing again Donald, Allen has had nothing but clean pockets. Even when there is pressure, its not coming until 4 to 5 seconds after the snap, which is phenomenal. Now the run game? Thats a bit different.

That might be a bit of an exaggeration. 

26 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That’s where I’m at. Watching other games very few quarterbacks are awarded as much clean pocket time as Allen. I know he’s taller but we’re also not seeing very many batted balls because he’s got so much space between him and the D line. Run game is repetition and we’re not attempting it much. I think if we decided to pound the ball 20-30 times by the 4th quarter our run blocking would be at a great level too. We had roughly 20 attempts yesterday and some of those were just kill clock runs. 

2 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

That might be a bit of an exaggeration. 

I'm not sure it is...

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s where I’m at. Watching other games very few quarterbacks are awarded as much clean pocket time as Allen. I know he’s taller but we’re also not seeing very many batted balls because he’s got so much space between him and the D line. Run game is repetition and we’re not attempting it much. I think if we decided to pound the ball 20-30 times by the 4th quarter our run blocking would be at a great level too. We had roughly 20 attempts yesterday and some of those were just kill clock runs. 

Exactly where I'm at.