WTF

Foxx

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You sound  sorta thin-skinned to be honest.  I read many of your threads back and forth with DR  and you didn’t seem all that fearful of being “driven out of here”.  Any reasonable reader picking up a topic might well conclude you were the offending party.   

As for seeking to gather others to help you in your quest to call the man out, three thoughts:

1.  Being the guy who tells the other guys where the torches and pitchforks are hidden doesn’t mean you’re not part of a larger problem;

2.  Unless you’re brand 🤬ing new as of this very moment, if you haven’t seen countless posters taking shots at the guy, often in what appears to be a coordinated fashion, welcome to this country and all the best on learning the language and all the subtleties contained therein;
3.  Even if you personally believe that something is a conspiracy theory, why do you care?  Ignore it. Move on. Consider that you might be a tad condescending in calling out what someone else may believe.  Hell we’ve got morons running about thinking the FBI just had a bad day when they sought to unseat The President. 

True story—after some $#@*bird whined the last time (and for God’s sake what a weasel that person is), I suggested the old saying “When you lie down with dogs, you might get fleas” might well be one he wanted to revisit.  As @Buffalo_Gal has said many times, DR seems at times to have the patience of Job. 

This comes from a person, btw, who enjoys reading some of your thoughts on certain issues.  

Thank you for that final line. I also have enjoyed some of your thoughts. I think you asked me a very fair and pointed question a while back about COVID shutdowns and how they affect me as opposed to others. It helped me to see things from the other side.

As far as DR: I started out very civil with him. I actually appreciated some of his explanations of the whole Q thing and where it came from. But then he dropped in some truly jaw-dropping ideas that I initially may have misinterpreted, but when I finally understood what he was saying, it quite frankly shocked me. I caught him, called him on it, and from that point on all he could do is lash out at me rather than respond rationally. There was no rational response.

A quick reminder for those who didn't see it -- 

-- there's a discussion of the heinous cold-blood shooting of 2 LA Country Sheriff's Deputies

-- some people express outrage, some people express sympathy for the victims, everyone responds appropriately linking to Biden/Trump/whomever

-- DR responds by posting an image of the LA County Sheriff's Deputy badge. It was explained to me that it includes a triangle-like pattern within the points of the stars. He captions it "Their symbols will do them in" or some such thing. Another poster explains (DR wouldn't do it) an alleged connection between the Sheriff's Department and child molestation in the 1950s and maybe beyond.

Who does that? Who responds to a shooting of two innocent cops doing their jobs by saying, "But what about their Department's role in child molestation?"

If a Catholic priest gets shot while walking down the street do any of us think of posting:

"Hey, what about that Church history of child molestation?"

Really, what kind of mind operates that way?

A mind that has sadly lost touch with reality. A mind that lives in a world where people do respond in that manner. A mind that believes virtually anything bad that happens to a "deep state" agent is justified, or even poetic justice.

This was not an ordinary Republican-Democrat dispute. This had to do with a fundamentally different perception of reality -- in this case, a warped perception that goes beyond "many people inside the government have worked to undermine the Trump administration" into a lunatic notion that Trump's opponents aid/abet or even participate in child sex trafficking and molestation and that Trump is the ordained savior of the harmed children. A lot of people here thought DR was a harmless eccentric, and he is bright and well-read on many things, but they chose to ignore how far gone he is. Maybe he would respond better to a kinder, gentler type of persuasion; I wasn't the person to do that.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Again, I wanted DR here. I was quite clear that I wanted to expose exactly how poisonous some of his conspiratorial thinking was getting.

But in shoshin's defense: he did seem to think that this wasn't Politics, Pundits, and Polls, but rather "Anti-Trump Insurrection, World Conspiracy, and the Coming Reckoning." Everything revolved around that. And from what I've learned -- thank you DR, you led me into studying how bizarre this whole world is -- that is unfortunately typical for those who have gone off the mega-conspiracy deep end.

It doesn't foster conversation or even arguments of the less polite type when someone is always out there thinking their political opponents are child molesters. Yes, some things are beyond the pale. I'm not for banning people from saying them, but I am, and always will be, ready to call them on it whenever and wherever I see it. 

What gives you the right to refer to another person's thinking that political opponents are child molesters is poisonous? To go around capricious calling people racist is just as poisonous. You are a hypocrite. Your "calling out" is merely an oxymoron for "I disagree" used for dramatic flair. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara said:

What gives you the right to refer to another person's thinking that political opponents are child molesters is poisonous? To go around capricious calling people racist is just as poisonous. You are a hypocrite. Your "calling out" is merely an oxymoron for "I disagree" used for dramatic flair. 

Because calling people child molesters without evidence is not exactly benign.

This isn't saying "Hillary Clinton is a corrupt far-left politician who will do anything to gain power." Say that all you like. But accusing people of specific heinous crimes based on silly anonymous posts from a fake insider is a different thing altogether.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Paulus said:

No, spambots and people hiding behind multiple accounts hurt this site.

I think that it is mostly people with multiple accounts.  Bots have been historically limited in their ability to fine tune responses but maybe that has changed recently.  I'm not here all the time and will be heading to bed shortly and in the process trying to solve a business problem if I can.  I don't know if certain accounts shift to auto-pilot at certain portions of the 24 hour cycle.  I don't know why the notion of one person-one account is fought against so hard here.  If you have one account you will take measures so that you will be read versus going into an exile.  I don't know what to do if the operators of this site favor one set of politics and choose to dissuade opposing views.  

Who TF let the Karen's rule this board?

The shallow bot/left/NPC's that entered the board over the last few months have lent nothing more than bad memes and repetitive BS aka (hoax).

DR posts legitimate informative information.

If we are banning people I think the mods should reconsider if they didn't ban the wrong person/people.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that it is mostly people with multiple accounts.  Bots have been historically limited in their ability to fine tune responses but maybe that has changed recently.  I'm not here all the time and will be heading to bed shortly and in the process trying to solve a business problem if I can.  I don't know if certain accounts shift to auto-pilot at certain portions of the 24 hour cycle.  I don't know why the notion of one person-one account is fought against so hard here.  If you have one account you will take measures so that you will be read versus going into an exile.  I don't know what to do if the operators of this site favor one set of politics and choose to dissuade opposing views.  

I hate those stupid gif responses. But I'm not seeing bots here. I mean, no bot can be as wordy as me.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

It may also be a classic sustained raid, led by some mod of some discord located in the dark depths of the interwebs.

Having only one account is a lot more sexy. 

46 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, and who the ***** do you think you are, exactly, to come down here, to the PPP community, and demand the standards that have been in place for decades change?

Can't we all agree that as of midnight tonight this member is shrouded and dead to us all? No one responds or engages either by ignore list or by willpower.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CarpetCrawler said:

Can't we all agree that as of midnight tonight this member is shrouded and dead to us all? No one responds or engages either by ignore list or by willpower.

Omg, another "new" random poster. They probably all have circular "reactions" too. Discord raid or Tibs finally got an adderall prescription. 

2 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Who TF let the Karen's rule this board?

The shallow bot/left/NPC's that entered the board over the last few months have lent nothing more than bad memes and repetitive BS aka (hoax).

DR posts legitimate informative information.

If we are banning people I think the mods should reconsider if they didn't ban the wrong person/people.

Some were real information -- example: recent posts on the Senate "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation. I didn't agree with his take, but they included real information.

Others -- the whole Q Analysis crap -- were exactly that. Crap. He'd post it and then do the Trump thing: "I don't know, but many people are saying this ...." When I tried to pin him down on what he believes is the truth, he would refuse to do it, using that corny "do your own research" line. 

And he liked to talk like a guy who understood classified information, but trust me, he didn't. Neither does the so-called Q himself.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

It may also be a classic sustained raid, led by some mod of some discord located in the dark depths of the interwebs.

Having only one account is a lot more sexy. 

I don't doubt for one minute that it is a raid sponsored by a political organization or party.  There is huge money in my mind (in the trillions) as to who occupies the White House and who hold the majority in Congress.  If Trump wins in November look for the raid to up its intensity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Some were real information -- example: recent posts on the Senate "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation. I didn't agree with his take, but they included real information.

Others -- the whole Q Analysis crap -- were exactly that. Crap. He'd post it and then do the Trump thing: "I don't know, but many people are saying this ...." When I tried to pin him down on what he believes is the truth, he would refuse to do it, using that corny "do your own research" line. 

And he liked to talk like a guy who understood classified information, but trust me, he didn't. Neither does the so-called Q himself.

So.  Banable for posting information which he may or may not agree with.  But someone posts repetitive meaningless memes like  confetti they are ok.

Got it.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Please,  most people can’t help themselves to answering q-baby and billstime (myself included).  It will never happen.  We all are guilty of feeding the trolls including DR

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Omg, another "new" random poster. They probably all have circular "reactions" too. Discord raid or Tibs finally got an adderall prescription. 

Why don't you check my "Joined" date before you say something like that? Who's the one that had the circular "reaction"?  Hahahahahahaha.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I think you misread (or misunderstood) his post.  He is not pleased with the board Karens. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
Autocorrect sucks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know this won't be a popular opinion.  But any normal person watching DR post has noticed the guy has spent way too much time on the dark corners of the Internet, and posts an alarming amount of nonsense.  He attacks posters/trolls constantly, and derails a ton of threads as he truly believes a war is being fought on the internet (including this forum).  SO he takes it upon himself to confront people he thinks he is wrong.

Him taking time off for this forum will be good for his mental health.  Seriously, good-hearted smart dude, but a lot of troubling behavior 

It is EXTREMLY hard to get warned based on PPP posts.  The fact DR cannot stop getting banned is telling that he is a part of the problem here.  Seriously, he loves throwing fire to the fuel in trash threads.  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh well if Abbie Richards says so, that's good enough for me  you..........

3 days ago - Breaking down The Conspiracy Chart part 3: pic.twitter.com/dzgeYlONfS. — Abbie Richards (@abbieasr) September 28, 2020 ...

tiktok-users-series-conspiracy-theory-ra

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I can support President Trump even if bad people say they support him

I can root for the Buffalo Bills even if ignorant posters support them

......enjoy it while you can in here.

The mods appear to be minding PPP content and it's looking partisan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I know this won't be a popular opinion.  But any normal person watching DR post has noticed the guy has spent way too much time on the dark corners of the Internet, and posts an alarming amount of nonsense.  He attacks posters/trolls constantly, and derails a ton of threads as he truly believes a war is being fought on the internet (including this forum).  SO he takes it upon himself to confront people he thinks he is wrong.

Him taking time off for this forum will be good for his mental health.  Seriously, good-hearted smart dude, but a lot of troubling behavior 

He is a smart guy. I was (half) kidding with him that he is my special project: how does a bright, seemingly decent person fall hook, line, and sinker for this Q thing?

I don't know if anyone here really knows him as a person, either through PMs or in real life. If so, someone really should try the gentler approach to bring him back to the real world. A couple days ago I read that my approach -- logic mixed with snark -- just doesn't work on people who are all in. A kind of compassionate understanding may work better. 

I hope someone -- someone here, someone in his family, work, whatever -- tries that. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical of the media and the motivations of persons in power, but on that chart I just posted he fit within the far extreme of mega-conspiracy adherents, absolutely immune to logic, ready to believe that those who disagree with him are either "asleep" or actively involved in the conspiracy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

It is EXTREMLY hard to get warned based on PPP posts.  The fact DR cannot stop getting banned is telling that he is a part of the problem here.  Seriously, he loves throwing fire to the fuel in trash threads.  

Says another dumbass whose had his ass kicked by DR on repeat.  

Take your beating and move along, no one wants to hear you cry about self inflicted wounds.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, meazza said:

Please,  most people can’t help themselves to answering q-baby and billstime (myself included).  It will never happen.  We all are guilty of feeding the trolls including DR

It's totally within our power to change that. Obviously some things have changed here, we have to break this current cycle and I can't think of a better way to start.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh well if Abbie Richards says so, that's good enough for me  you..........

3 days ago - Breaking down The Conspiracy Chart part 3: pic.twitter.com/dzgeYlONfS. — Abbie Richards (@abbieasr) September 28, 2020 ...

tiktok-users-series-conspiracy-theory-ra

It's fun ... and pretty much anyone who isn't a wild conspiracy theorist can see the truth behind it. We've all known people in those various parts of the triangle ... oh no, Uncle Tom is starting with the faked moon landing again! ... some of us ARE those people.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

He is a smart guy. I was (half) kidding with him that he is my special project: how does a bright, seemingly decent person fall hook, line, and sinker for this Q thing?

I don't know if anyone here really knows him as a person, either through PMs or in real life. If so, someone really should try the gentler approach to bring him back to the real world. A couple days ago I read that my approach -- logic mixed with snark -- just doesn't work on people who are all in. A kind of compassionate understanding may work better. 

I hope someone -- someone here, someone in his family, work, whatever -- tries that. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical of the media and the motivations of persons in power, but on that chart I just posted he fit within the far extreme of mega-conspiracy adherents, absolutely immune to logic, ready to believe that those who disagree with him are either "asleep" or actively involved in the conspiracy.

you know.  I don’t believe in stuff like the deep state.  But a lot of people here do, but nothing about there posts are unhealthy or concerning or touching.  DR’s obsession with it was just bizarre and seemed to consume him.  I hope he takes some time away from it.

it has gotten to the point that he thinks half of Hollywood is engaged in child sex and controls Washington.  When asked for evidence, it’s usually easily debunked junk.  

• Like (+1) 2