Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)

Allen did his part and more.  QB's will throw INT's and it sure sucked that a couple of his biggest passes got called back on bad penalties.

But with the game on the line Allen drove the Bills 78 yards for what should have been the game winning TD.  This is what makes a great QB and we have a great QB.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT: Formerly "Allen has arrived" to be updated each week   Welcome to the age of having a superstar QB folks.

A fellow TSW poster bet me $100 he would not be a 60% passer or better before the season began.  He honorably reached out to me a few days ago and paid me without me even asking him about it yet.  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously, Josh doesn’t understand his own greatness.  He clearly is the the reason the Bills were up at the end. 

Or he completely understands, he had a bad game that allowed Arizona to hang in.  He made some really bad decisions today, mixed in with some great plays, but he’s right, had he not tried to turn the ball over 5 times today, the game would not have been close enough for this to happen.

The Bills ultimately ride or die with Allen.

I'm sick of our run game already.  It's completely ineffective and pointless. Moss and Singletary gained 35 yards on 11 carries, but all those yards came on 3 carries... the other 8 carries gained a net of ZERO yards.

The running game needs to be a threat if it's to benefit the offense.  Ours is abysmal.

Just run the spread formation with Allen every play in shotgun and run it no-huddle. Bring the RB back for protection when needed and the OCCASIONAL handoff.  Let Allen win or lose the games with his arm (and legs occasionally) and just accept that's the way it has to be.  Handing off to Singletary and Moss just seems such a waste of a down and gets us behind the sticks too often.  It's pretty obvious this team wins and loses with Allen at this point.  Just accept that and make that clear in the game planning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Defense is beyond awful.  We cannot stop the run at all.  The offense being effective and sustaining drives is now hiding just how bad the defense is.  Conversely we cant run even against small fronts and defenses designed to drop against the pass.  No complementary football.  Defense has not had a return td in three seasons  How is that even possible?  McDermott has two weeks to get some of this fixed.  This is beyond ridiculous to not address any of your teams problems all season long. 

I think we need to get the running game going to the tune of them not being wasted downs, but as long as Moss/Singletary are getting a couple yards per run, I’m fine with it.   Just stop with the multiple negative runs per game and focus on getting us to manageable down and distances.  

The NFL is a passing league, and we have a QB who should, theoretically, be able to throw in all conditions as long as we are providing him with the talent necessary.  

I attribute John Brown’s injury riddled season so far with about 80% of the passing issues we’ve had and 20% to a couple bad weather games.   This is why I’d be banging on the table to draft a speed WR in Rd1 this year.. if it means having 7 active WRs on game days, so be it. 

In the Playoffs, if we need to be able to run... we all know who we can turn to...  It’s the guy this thread is about.  I’m fully on board with reigning him in on runs during the regular season, but I think we all know that, come Playoff time, Allen can - and likely will - be running more.  

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

impressive.  I mean I expect him to drop to 7 or 8 while some of these other QBs get in their 10th game, but still pretty dramatic improvement. 

the rest of his draft class is nowhere to be seen. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He does lead the league in passing yards, but he's played 1 more game than many QBs.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

impressive.  I mean I expect him to drop to 7 or 8 while some of these other QBs get in their 10th game, but still pretty dramatic improvement. 

He's 6th in passing yards per game, so statistically he'll probably be 5th-7th by next Tuesday.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:38 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

This is great because it is right. Josh put us up at the end so that it could come down to 1 play but had he played better throughout it would not have needed to. That he acknowledges that and holds himself accountable for it is good to hear. That is why Josh Allen gets better. Because he doesn't find excuses for himself. It is as true in football as it is in life. People who find themselves excuses for failure are bound to fail. 

• Like (+1) 5

And yet I watch guys like Cowherd or read articles written by national writers and they seem to keep saying Allen is "struggling"

LOL

It's insane how many people just can't stand this guy for whatever reason.

You also hear "passing numbers are way up this year, so it's not a big deal"

YET, Allen is still #1 in yards and top 10 in almost everything else that matters. So his ranking relative to all the other QBs is fantastic, yet some still want to explain it away. 

Luckily, the only thing that matters is that Allen is good, getting better, and the Bills are winning much more often than they are losing!

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

And yet I watch guys like Cowherd or read articles written by national writers and they seem to keep saying Allen is "struggling"

LOL

It's insane how many people just can't stand this guy for whatever reason.

You also hear "passing numbers are way up this year, so it's not a big deal"

YET, Allen is still #1 in yards and top 10 in almost everything else that matters. So his ranking relative to all the other QBs is fantastic, yet some still want to explain it away. 

Luckily, the only thing that matters is that Allen is good, getting better, and the Bills are winning much more often than they are losing!

So I watch Cowherd - I think he is entertaining - and I see him give Josh plenty of props. Even this week he said he outplayed Kyler. Some fans only hear the negative stuff and fixate on that rather than acknowledging when people say good stuff about him.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)