(Wk 4 update: Allen=82) Yeah, EA Madden moves Allen up from a terrible 77 overall, to 1 pt better than terrible 78!

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

people still play EA Madden? 

It's literally the only NFL football video game, so...for people who want to play an NFL football video game, there's not really much choice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is the Madden Rating an issue because you want to play with Josh on the game? Does the rating affect his performance on the game?

Great point ‘75.  Yes it most certainly does effect it.  It is a game play thing, as well as a just plain respect thing.  You can probably find so many articles out there about players for all teams complaining about their rating.

if I am playing a game by myself can I just play with the sliders and get Allen hot to whatever I want?  Sure, but that is not the point.  He should be at...quote simply...where he should be at.  They do adjustments every week...still waiting for this week.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

people still play EA Madden? 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

It's literally the only NFL football video game, so...for people who want to play an NFL football video game, there's not really much choice.

like Logic said.

Additionally, if you get the hang of it...brother, even in bad years it is just so much fun.

Finally, it’s a Bills team I can control! 

😂

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sadly you could always play NFL2K5 with the roster update that fans make every year. That's probably the only alternative and it is a pain in the ass.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Sadly you could always play NFL2K5 with the roster update that fans make every year. That's probably the only alternative and it is a pain in the ass.

BF89, I still have my 360 and my copy of 2k5 (oh man...I hope I do.  I may have misplaced it in moving stuff around 😬) and no lie I thought about I thought about hooking it up to give a go for the first time in a few years. 

However, isn't a pain, as well, to get the rosters?  its not like I can download them on xobox live.  Don't I have to download them via pc on a thumbdrive and or disk and then try and input it into my 360, which must have a HD?

2 hours ago, Logic said:

And honestly it isn't bad. They make dumb decisions by taking features away and adding others that nobody wants, and there are a few glitches (for me VERY rare) that they don't fix fast enough, but overall playing Madden is fun.

EA deserves criticisms for sure, not saying they don't. But for those saying it is a bad game, I think that is a gross exaggeration.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

And honestly it isn't bad. They make dumb decisions by taking features away and adding others that nobody wants, and there are a few glitches (for me VERY rare) that they don't fix fast enough, but overall playing Madden is fun.

EA deserves criticisms for sure, not saying they don't. But for those saying it is a bad game, I think that is a gross exaggeration.

I’d agree with this. My main annoyances is (I’m a single player guy) adjusting the sliders to try and get realistic experience. The first month is constant tweaking.

Last night I played the Dolphins. Fitz went over 300, 4 TDs, 7 incompletions. That’s the stuff that drives me crazy. 

Video game Josh Allen you need to adjust the accuracy slider significantly.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not to mention, Edmunds and Milano (all LBs for that matter) can’t cover worth a crap, so you boost the coverage slider.

Well, that boosts it for EVERYONE and now you have opposing QBs checking it down every single play and throwing for 165 yards. It’s an annoying balance. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’d agree with this. My main annoyances is (I’m a single player guy) adjusting the sliders to try and get realistic experience. The first month is constant tweaking.

Last night I played the Dolphins. Fitz went over 300, 4 TDs, 7 incompletions. That’s the stuff that drives me crazy. 

Single player guy here, too, Andy.

Yeah, annoying to have to play with the sliders and you know what...you really do have to play with the sliders because a guy like Josh just plain isn't properly set up for now, or even before the season.

Andy, do you know what I want and I have been begging for?  A franchise mode where I can just go into it, with the team as I have adjusted it, and play a season...one season, this year and not worry about anything else.

Sure you can do that now, but I want to turn off all other decisions...I just want to play the games, keep the stats, the record and the schedule.  Of all the things that people complain about with Franchise Mode I just want to be able to turn on and off functionality.

It simply can't be that hard, right?

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BF89, I still have my 360 and my copy of 2k5 (oh man...I hope I do.  I may have misplaced it in moving stuff around 😬) and no lie I thought about I thought about hooking it up to give a go for the first time in a few years. 

However, isn't a pain, as well, to get the rosters?  its not like I can download them on xobox live.  Don't I have to download them via pc on a thumbdrive and or disk and then try and input it into my 360, which must have a HD?

You can find tutorials online how to do it. Honestly it isn't convenient but if you are even a little computer savvy you can figure it out. 2K5 definitely holds up surprisingly well. The whole thing plays so different (in a good way) from Madden, it took 2 games to adjust to it for me but once I got a feel for it, the game felt like true simulation football even if it had some issues.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You can find tutorials online how to do it. Honestly it isn't convenient but if you are even a little computer savvy you can figure it out. 2K5 definitely holds up surprisingly well. The whole thing plays so different (in a good way) from Madden, it took 2 games to adjust to it for me but once I got a feel for it, the game felt like true simulation football even if it had some issues.

Thank you, BF89.

Yeah, I went looking for some after my earlier text!

But do I still have my transfer cable?  :lol:

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That's about what Fitz did to us in real life too, haha.

Josh and Murray are tied for 19th best QB in Madden. Allen did get a big bump in play action (87) and accuracy (79 short 80 middle 79 deep)

His awareness is still a 76 and that is ultimately what keeps his overall down. It realistically should be well into the 80s. 

Allen, Diggs, Beasley, D. Williams, Jefferson, Bojo went up.

White, Dobson, Murphy, T. Johnson, Phillips, Winters, and Spain went down.

Lot of hits for a 3-0 team 🤷🏻

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Josh and Murray are tied for 19th best QB in Madden. Allen did get a big bump in play action (87) and accuracy (79 short 80 middle 79 deep)

His awareness is still a 76 and that is ultimately what keeps his overall down. It realistically should be well into the 80s. 

Allen, Diggs, Beasley, D. Williams, Jefferson, Bojo went up.

White, Dobson, Murphy, T. Johnson, Phillips, Winters, and Spain went down.

Lot of hits for a 3-0 team 🤷🏻

Trucking went up 6 and Stiff Arm up by 7.

also what's the Hair rating and why does Mahomes have the only points in it let alone 100?

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

But he's the only one the next highest is 0.

Lamar has great hair too.  Fitz has to get points.  Fernando Tatis Jr. Deserves 100 and he doesn't even play football.  I flipped to that game because I wanted to see my Cards advance.  Tatis killed us so I hate him but he has great hair.