(Wk 4 update: Allen=82) Yeah, EA Madden moves Allen up from a terrible 77 overall, to 1 pt better than terrible 78!

24 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Somehow Franchise mode is worse than it was 15 years ago. For this reason I'm not buying this year.

I regret the purchase. I don’t play online much, don’t like MUT for more than a couple weeks. Franchise is usually my go to for fun. I could of just downloaded updated rosters for previous versions I suppose 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

EA is pathetic.  $120 a year to play the same game with updated rosters and new micro transactions that you can spend more of your hard earned money on.  They’ve merged their game pass with Microsoft’s game pass because they know their product can’t sell itself anymore.  NHL is garbage.  Battlefield, trash.  I truly believe that EA is still in business because of their monopoly on the NFL over the last 15 years.  

the graphics have improved over the years, but the gameplay is so much worse than ever imo.  I’ll get it on GameFly every year, remake the Bills roster/rating because EA is so clueless, play a handful of game and mail it back within 2 weeks.  

I agree with this- haven't purchased madden in a few years

I liked old PS2 Franchise mode- playing GM was fun!

The new console version of franchise mode stinks, and I am too old and disinterested to play online games with strangers

• Like (+1) 2

I know what you mean, OP. I am amazed at the difference in JA this season, but our toughest games are coming and I honestly don't know what to expect. I have to go in and boost the AWR, Play Recognition and Toughness (+5) on every defensive player to get our D to play like they do in real life. After the Miami game I boosted Allen by 10 points in AWR, SAC, MAC and DAC. I also boosted his pocket awareness from paranoid to ideal. I boosted D Williams and D Dawkins by 3 points each.

I want a HC Mode so I can call plays (or let the computer do it), make substitutions and manage the clock for a full 60 minute game. I want a realistic simulation, not bells and whistles. They NEVER fix so many shortcomings though.

Edited by GreggTX

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27223406

I believe this may be from a couple of years ago as it references Mahomes breakout year.

Yes, Mahomes 2nd year was spectacular, but at around 2:05 of the video you see how his rating changed over the course of that year.

Through 3 weeks Mahomes went from a 79 to 85.

Through 3 weeks this year Allen has gone from a 77...to a 78.

You see that Mahomes finished that year at a 94.

...So again, they do move players up when they improve greatly and this is just a joke where Allen is.  We are not talking about players complaining about their speedor, “man, I’m an overall 89, I should be a 92!”.

We are talking about, through three weeks now, the NFL’s #3-#4 rated QBs, with whatever metrics you want to use, sitting at a 78, which is 20th in the league. 

Don’t give me the “eventually if he keeps performing well”, garbage.  There is no way and no reason why he shouldn’t at least already be in the 80s.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I believe this may be from a couple of years ago as it references Mahomes breakout year.

Yes, Mahomes 2nd year was spectacular, but at around 2:05 of the video you see how his rating changed over the course of that year.

...So again, they do move players up when they improve greatly and this is just a joke where Allen is.  We are not talking about players complaining about their speedor, “man, I’m an overall 89, I should be a 92!”.

We are talking about, through three weeks now, the NFL’s #3-#4 rated QBs, with whatever metrics you want to use, sitting at a 78, which is 20th in the league. 

Don’t give me the “eventually if he keeps performing well”, garbage.  There is no way and no reason why he shouldn’t at least already be in the 80s.

Mahomes had no previous play for reference, though. He came out firing and it was the first time anyone had seen him.

It's a different situation for Allen. It's going to take some additional time for people to be convinced that he is really good. And that's fine. What's the rush?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...So again, the do move players up when they improve greatly and this is just a joke.  

I mean it hasn't updated for week 3 yet.

• Like (+1) 1

If we win our next 3 games, they may have to finally come to terms with our winning. Still, it's unbelievable that Josh's accuracy numbers on the short and medium ranges haven't gone up even 1 point! They did give him a big 6 point boost to trucking after he bulldozed a LB and a DL in Miami at least. I wonder if they actually watch Allen for the whole game when they do his ratings.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:41 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

311 yards, 5 TDS, get ready for another 1 point boost boys!!

How do you guys feel about a weekly Bills Madden discussion? We can talk about who should get boosts

And what those ratings should be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, Rc2catch said:

I regret the purchase. I don’t play online much, don’t like MUT for more than a couple weeks. Franchise is usually my go to for fun. I could of just downloaded updated rosters for previous versions I suppose 

They have updated rosters in previous maddens - you can download peoples custom ones online.  It's a pain in the ass, but i can get madden 18 or whatever for probably like 4 bucks.  

I heard the gameplay in this one was tremendously mediocre and glitchy too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There is one reason and you shouldn’t be surprised.  EA is a joke.  Trash.  Garbaggio

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Not that they deserve a defense, but Mahome’s initial rating that year was based entirely on unknowns so it was a soft rating that grew exponentially as he put film out. Allen has 2 years of film to draw from so his progression may take longer as every positive is weighted with the reality of past negatives which Mahomes didn’t have.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There is one reason and you shouldn’t be surprised.  EA is a joke.  Trash.  Garbaggio

What gets me is every year NCAA was always the superior game. I loved the NCAA franchise. You figured since NCAA got shut down that it would give them more time to put out a better product in Madden. That hasn't been the case. It's basically the same game year in and year out minus a few tweaks or a different gameplay style here or there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is the Madden Rating an issue because you want to play with Josh on the game? Does the rating affect his performance on the game?

Yes, he’s pretty aweful

Updated ratings should be out today. 

I’m thinking 24, 49, and 67 fall.

17, 13, 11 may get a boost. Madden usually doesn’t give nonhyped players boosts for 1 good game, so Kroft may be waiting

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1