Lift Every Voice disaster

I am flabbergasted by the fact that the NFL will play, and apparently broadcast, the *same* Lift Every Voice narrative/performance video before EACH GAME, ALL SEASON. Can you imagine how stale and meaningless this is going to be after 5, 10, 15, 20 weeks? This is truly unbelievable. And the players are going to be videoed each week as they feel the pressure to watch and react to the video as it's played in stadium. It's going to become a joke, especially as it is followed by a new, original national anthem rendition every single time. They couldn't do an original Lift Every Voice every week also because why?

This is to say nothing about the fact that it is performed by the incomparably annoying Alicia Keys, but that's a conversation for another day and has nothing to do with it.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9448159/roc-nation-nfl-partnership-interview

"The 'Lift Every Voice' video with Keys and Mackie will be played before every NFL game this season..."

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Agreed - it's an empty gesture. 

Good Morning Wacky! We’ve actually found something we agree on. Organizations need to really plan ahead before making statements and gestures that last any predetermined length of time. Circumstances change fast and you can find yourself wondering ‘is this still a thing?’. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ignore it, just like you do the National Anthem.

Speaking of ignoring things, I noticed that you still haven’t provided any evidence to support your wild accusations of a critical mass of in-person voter fraud that were levied a few days ago.  Just a reminder that, in the absence of such evidence, I’ll have no choice but to consider your voter fraud claims a hoax.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Speaking of ignoring things, I noticed that you still haven’t provided any evidence to support your wild accusations of a critical mass of in-person voter fraud that were levied a few days ago.  Just a reminder that, in the absence of such evidence, I’ll have no choice but to consider your voter fraud claims a hoax.  

There isn't a word invented that accurately conveys how little I care about your opinion on that.  You can chose to pretend that it doesn't happen based on the government's reticence to admit it publically or the media's reasons for not seriously investigating it if you so desire. 

There's absolutely zero reason not to require a photo identification, other than it's easier to commit fraud.  The rest of it is the typical "soft poverty of low expectation" that is standard liberal bigotry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

There isn't a word invented that accurately conveys how little I care about your opinion on that.  You can chose to pretend that it doesn't happen based on the government's reticence to admit it publically or the media's reasons for not seriously investigating it if you so desire. 

There's absolutely zero reason not to require a photo identification, other than it's easier to commit fraud.  The rest of it is the typical "soft poverty of low expectation" that is standard liberal bigotry.

The only thing of lesser quantity than your care for my opinion is the evidence you have to support your contention with respect to a critical mass of in-person voter fraud.  Have a nice day sniping at yourself, hoaxer. 

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

So no evidence. Just made up 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

One thousand votes says the WH, over a period of how many years where hundreds of millions of votes were cast? Lame 

The NYPost story is of someone who claims they did something on a grand scale of fraud, if that's true there should be evidence. 

The task of counting ballots is a different issue, but serious