Trump’s Post Presidency—What Will He Do?

Tiberius

54 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Exactly.  The relevant question is:  Would they be prosecuting this if he never became prez?  I think they would.  He's been thumbing his nose and middle fingering the legal system in NY his whole life.  The sleazy, salacious side is interesting but doesn't matter.  Anyone who doesn't know that about him already is a cultist.

I'm 100% positive they would not be prosecuting this if he wasn't some perceived threat to the folks running the show.  Its a Federal charge the DOJ decided not to pursue.  But DA Bragg is attempting to contort the paying of funds into some violation of NYS law. 

George Washing University Law Professor Jonathan Turley said it best, that the DA’s case against Trump “is legally pathetic” and “is struggling to twist state laws to effectively prosecute a federal case long ago rejected by the Justice Department against Trump.” 

While Trump is clearly a far from perfect human being with questionable ethics, I cannot stop asking the question that if he's done so much bad stuff then why can't anyone produce credible and factual evidence of these transgressions that can pass the threshold of court admissibility in order to charge and convict him on something other than what is clearly trivial along with what I can only expect will be another nothing burger flop?   You might classify his supporters as cultists but the true cultists are those obsessed with pursuing a political vendetta to punish the man for daring to beat the establishment chosen one in 2016.  Its not about justice, its about revenge.  And revenge can be a futile pursuit.  Bragg should just move on to other things like all the shootings and other violent crime in NY and stop pandering to street criminals by treating them as victims while ignoring the real victims they prey upon.  The biggest douche in this story is the DA.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm 100% positive they would not be prosecuting this if he wasn't some perceived threat to the folks running the show.  Its a Federal charge the DOJ decided not to pursue.  But DA Bragg is attempting to contort the paying of funds into some violation of NYS law. 

George Washing University Law Professor Jonathan Turley said it best, that the DA’s case against Trump “is legally pathetic” and “is struggling to twist state laws to effectively prosecute a federal case long ago rejected by the Justice Department against Trump.” 

While Trump is clearly a far from perfect human being with questionable ethics, I cannot stop asking the question that if he's done so much bad stuff then why can't anyone produce credible and factual evidence of these transgressions that can pass the threshold of court admissibility in order to charge and convict him on something other than what is clearly trivial along with what I can only expect will be another nothing burger flop?   You might classify his supporters as cultists but the true cultists are those obsessed with pursuing a political vendetta to punish the man for daring to beat the establishment chosen one in 2016.  Its not about justice, its about revenge.  And revenge can be a futile pursuit.  Bragg should just move on to other things like all the shootings and other violent crime in NY and stop pandering to street criminals by treating them as victims while ignoring the real victims they prey upon.  The biggest douche in this story is the DA.

he's lost multiple court cases but never a criminal one as far as I know.  As a landlord, he lost a discrimination case for, example.  He's a master at plausible deniability.  He learned many lessons from scumbag Roy Cohen.  But this crime happened on the biggest stage in the world.

I get the "life ain't fair" sentiment of some voters.  They love giving the middle finger to the establishment even if practically, nothing really changes for them.  Guess what?  Life really isn't fair.  The womb lottery largely decides our destiny.

• Eyeroll 1

"The fact that Trump is doing considerably better among Republican voters of color than White Republicans flies in the face of the fact that many Americans view Trump as racist...."

Writes Harry Enten, in "Voters of color are a big reason Trump leads the GOP primary" (CNN).

Click for more » https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/19/politics/trump-voters-of-color-analysis/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"The fact that Trump is doing considerably better among Republican voters of color than White Republicans flies in the face of the fact that many Americans view Trump as racist...."

Writes Harry Enten, in "Voters of color are a big reason Trump leads the GOP primary" (CNN).

Click for more » https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/19/politics/trump-voters-of-color-analysis/

there are dumb people among all races.  This is just more dumbing down of the party.

"While voters of color don’t make up nearly the same share of the Republican party as White voters with a college degree, the difference isn’t all that large. This means that if Trump ultimately does as well with Republican voters of color as the current polling indicates, it would be a good counterbalance for his weakness among White voters with a college degree."

• Eyeroll 1

Democrats’ Daddy Issues With Trump Aren’t Going to Work Out Well for Them. 

“They’re blinded by rage and won’t stop until they get some red meat footage for the 14 viewers who still watch MSNBC and CNN.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/03/20/the-morning-briefing-democrats-daddy-issues-with-trump-arent-going-to-work-out-well-for-them-n1679784

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

did u consider the scenario in which he ran and lost in 2016?  how the hell did you get thru gross anatomy and physiology?

Fair enough.  I read it as running for prez.  Which he's doing again and why they're desperate to get him for anything, to try and derail it (for some reason since he stands a good chance of losing in 2024).

23 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

nope.  I think the Al Capone analogy is great.  He's slippery and slimy as an oiled eel.  You get him on what you can.

Like Slick and the BJ.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

he's lost multiple court cases but never a criminal one as far as I know.  As a landlord, he lost a discrimination case for, example.  He's a master at plausible deniability.  He learned many lessons from scumbag Roy Cohen.  But this crime happened on the biggest stage in the world.

I get the "life ain't fair" sentiment of some voters.  They love giving the middle finger to the establishment even if practically, nothing really changes for them.  Guess what?  Life really isn't fair.  The womb lottery largely decides our destiny.

I agree with your assessment of life but this is an attempt to dress up what is a campaign financing misdemeanor charge into some sort of state level felony charge.  Its not going to stick to the wall. 

And while I generally hate the one person does it and gets away with it and another person does it and doesn't get away with it argument, I'll make my last post on the topic here to point out the Clinton campaign did the exact same thing when routing the Russian Dossier payment to Christopher Steele thru their law firm and FusionGPS and characterizing the payment a customary campaign expenditure.  Misrepresenting a campaign expenditure.  What they received was a FERC fine.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like Slick and the BJ.

"Whataboutism" is the word they fed to the world's dumbest people to bar inquiry into whether they and their side abide by the standards they impose on others:

* "I'm enraged: Trump embraced Saudi tyrants! Unprecedented!"

* "Obama, Biden & Clinton did that."

* "Whataboutism!":

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

nope.  I think the Al Capone analogy is great.  He's slippery and slimy as an oiled eel.  You get him on what you can.

So dudes been investigated non stop at the highest levels. for decades and not one charge stuck.

Do the crime, pay the time.

investigators cant find a crime, but his ass in jail.

even while listening in on his calls and communications, they couldn't find actual evidence of these high crimes.

and full circle that spying on an American running for office is not a high crime.

Its kind of epic that NY is doing this as NY just got done with going over board on bail reform, prison reform.

this sounds like the dude in the office show that always said, strait to jail.

Edited by Chris farley

Sorta like this site.  Anyone with a different opinion is a communist even if they're demonstrably capitalists.  But they are the "other" and therefore enemies...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11879305/Hell-conclusive-irrefutable-Trump-celebrates-lawyer-slap-Michael-Cohen-claims.html

'REMEMBER, THE SAME ANIMALS AND THUGS THAT WOULD DO THIS TO PERHAPS 200 MILLION PEOPLE, BUT ACTUALLY ALL AMERICANS, ARE THE COMMUNISTS, MARXISTS, RINOS, AND LOSERS THAT ARE PURPOSEFULLY DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY!' he wrote on his social media platform, Truth Media. 

Trump on Saturday said he believed he 'WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK'. 

Winning!

https://apnews.com/article/trump-indictment-new-york-jan-6-protest-f19306253133d9dacd65667bd5b4650c

“You have no liberty or rights there,” he tweeted.

One of Alexander’s allies in the “Stop the Steal” campaign was conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who amplified the election fraud claims on his Infowars show. Alexander posted that he had spoken to Jones and said that neither of them would be protesting this time around.

“We’ve both got enough going on fighting the government,” Alexander wrote. “No billionaire is covering our bills.”

Pu$$ies..

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Vomit 2

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Arrestmas&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

twitter mob got #arrestmas trending. you cant make it up.  

Never mind its mostly PAC And PAC profiles amplifying it.  Both pro trump and against trump.  

But no one is talking about banks, China payments or Ukraine. 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Haha (+1) 1