Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden calls Trump’s behavior during first presidential debate ‘a national embarrassment’

By Felicia Sonmez
Joe Biden speaks at Amtrak's Alliance Train Station on Wednesday, in Alliance, Ohio.
Joe Biden speaks at Amtrak's Alliance Train Station on Wednesday, in Alliance, Ohio. (Andrew Harnik/AP)

At a campaign stop Wednesday afternoon in Alliance, Ohio, Biden called Trump’s behavior during the first presidential debate “a national embarrassment” and said he hopes the Commission on Presidential Debates ensures that both candidates are allowed to speak without interruptions during their remaining two faceoffs.

“I just hope there’s a way in which the debate commission can control the ability of us to answer the questions without interruptions,” Biden told reporters. “I’m not going to speculate on what happens in the second or third debate. … But I’m looking forward to it.”

Asked what his message would be to undecided voters who were turned off from politics after watching Tuesday night’s debate, Biden responded, “I can understand it.”

“I kind of thought at one point — maybe I shouldn’t say this — but, the president of the United States conducting himself the way he did, I think it was just a national embarrassment,” Biden said. “Look, I just hope that the American people and those undecided voters try to determine what each of us has as an answer for their concerns and allows us to actually speak.”

He got Biden going didn’t he? Biden called him a clown and Biden said oooops sorry. He forgot where he was for a moment.

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

He was trying to clarify what he meant by “white supremacy” as it means nothing like what it used to anymore. Just being proud while white is considered white supremacy. That’s why he asked Chris to name what he meant. He told the Proud Boys, who Chris names, to “stand down” like Chris asked. He then went on the offensive with Joe. It made it seem like it was a passing statement, but he said it.

My theory is that he wanted to move on to the next thought before he lost his train or thought he had so he quickly got his answer out of the way and turned the tables. I find myself trying to jump to the next thing like that at times, trying to capitalize on a thought that I think is profound while giving a cursory response to the question my interlocutor has posed. Not something I’m proud of and something I actively try to avoid, but it happens. I think others can identify but I don’t know if many will admit it. 

Calling out scum bags to intimidate voters? That sounds pretty fascist to me. Because it is! 

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I didn't find anything particularly entertaining about the sitting President talking over both his opponent and the moderator for the first 60 minutes which amounted to a jumbled mess.  Nor would I consider refusing to allow your opponent a chance to speak a show of strength.

At many times Biden actually looked composed in comparison to Trump's inability to control himself.  Making Biden look like a composed adult is truly remarkable.

After how Romney was the perfect gentleman and was completely destroyed by the moderators and the media, why do you think anyone would act any differnt?

Trump is a petulant child but this should be expected after what happened to Romney.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I fully agree on your assessment of Biden. And by that metric, he failed miserably last night. He looked slow, weak and could not match Trump's pace. He needed Wallace to protect him, even asked him to do so multiple times. That's not a fighter. For all the talk about Joe taking Trump behind the school and beating him up (remember those claims) Joe got pummeled. 

Because we are at war. We're just not calling it that. Image is secondary.

Bring on the promos and steel chairs.  Lets stop dancing around it and give the people what they want.  

You guys can have these pussies.  I'm voting for Camacho!

HELL YEAH, BROTHER!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

After how Romney was the perfect gentleman and was completely destroyed by the moderators and the media, why do you think anyone would act any differnt?

Trump is a petulant child but this should be expected after what happened to Romney.

Correct. The left made the rules, the media has enabled those rules for decades now (rule 1: only the left is allowed to punch back), and Trump has made his hay by ignoring those rules. I completely understand that being a turnoff for some people, it's a style issue. But it's also the only way forward at this point in time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was just as entertaining as when the President called him dumb.   

Biden had to talk over Trump.  He had no choice.  If he doesn't go on the offensive and play the same game as Trump then we hear about how weak he is.  Its the reason he has the nomination.  Biden won the bid because he was viewed as a fighter and someone who can stand up to Trump.  That debate was a new low in American politics.

There is nothing presidential about either of them but no one seems to really care anymore.  

What about Joe Biden laughing while Paul Ryan was debating him in 2012?  Was that not a new low?

7 minutes ago, meazza said:

As much as i am no fan of Trump, I would say the Dems deserve him hard.  They lost credibility with the way they vilified Romney. 

His biggest scandal was pointing out percentage of tax paying Americans, binders full of women, his wife's horse, and putting the family dog in a roof top carrier.  Oh and calling some kid a ***** in high school.  Compare that to the baggage presidential candidates have carried since.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

As much as i am now fan of Trump, I would say the Dems deserve him hard.  They lost credibility with the way they vilified Romney. 

His biggest scandal was pointing out percentage of tax paying Americans, binders full of women, his wife's horse, and putting the family dog in a roof top carrier.  Oh and calling some kid a ***** in high school.  Compare that to the baggage presidential candidates have carried since.

Leftists will simply never be self-aware enough to understand how they got Trump.

Never.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Leftists will simply never be self-aware enough to understand how they got Trump.

Never.

They have no clue.  

While Trump was promising jobs and prosperity to Americans the Democrats were promising a Green New Deal and helping a 9 year old boy come out to his school as trans.  Way to have the pulse of the people.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

As much as i am now fan of Trump, I would say the Dems deserve him hard.  They lost credibility with the way they vilified Romney. 

On this, we can agree.  People casually forget how badly they villified a guy whose biggest vice was drinking too much milk. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

So you’re saying poll watchers are scumbags? He didn’t call for antifa to poll watch, you’d be right then.

No one has called for Antifa to do that. Sending sh it head trouble makers to harass voters is ok with you? 

What are they suppose to do exactly? 

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

As much as i am no fan of Trump, I would say the Dems deserve him hard.  They lost credibility with the way they vilified Romney. 

Ok, Dems ran a typical political campaign. They said worse things about Obama 

Just now, njbuff said:

The protection of Biden was shown on a national scale last night.

And Biden’s name calling was ridiculous.

But, of course braindead leftists think Biden actually won this debate.

PATHETIC

He totally won the debate 

8 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Doc Brown - we all know you're lefty.  No one knows me, but I'm pretty righty.  And I'm always interested in how people see things, as it's pretty incredible how people can see the very same thing, and see them so differently.  It's common, expected;  as we all have our biases.  But I find it incredibly interesting and informative.  I'm also reading a book about how to better listen and hear what people are saying (and empathically understand, and no, not mind-reading, lol!), so I WANT to understand how the 'other side' saw things.)

My dad and grandma are also 'from the left'.  And I respect my Gma more than any other living person.  And we share the SAME common, core values.  So it always interests me how people of the same mind can see things so differently.

I agree that interruptions shouldn't be a part of any of the other debates.  We'll see if that happens.  And I outlined above what I thought would make for more fair debates (as I viewed Wallace as a lefty, and I think he showed it, but I'm guessing you didn't see him giving un-fair advantages).  What would you see as fair for the next two (or more) that need to happen?

I'll get back to you when I watch the whole thing.  I turned it off after 15 minutes because the constant interruptions (mostly by Trump) pushed my wife past her breaking point.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one has called for Antifa to do that. Sending sh it head trouble makers to harass voters is ok with you? 

What are they suppose to do exactly? 

He didn’t do that, what are you even talking about? He didn’t tell any group to go watch the polling. I think there is some projecting happening here on your part (from which you probably got from the liberal media). Let me guess, you think what he said was a ”dog whistle” to the proud boy’s to cause mayhem and intimidate the voters?  Sounds like you.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, Dems ran a typical political campaign. They said worse things about Obama 

He totally won the debate 

Of course you think so.

I never said Trump won.

Biden lost by not answering any questions and being protected by puzzy b!tch Wallace.

You ever stop to think for a second the reason we have Trump as President is EXACTLY because of a swamp creature like Biden? Of course not. You are as delusional as they come.

It’s utterly useless to debate someone like you.

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

He didn’t do that, what are you even talking about? He didn’t tell any group to go watch the polling. I think there is some projecting happening here on your part (from which you probably got from the liberal media). Let me guess, you think what he said was a ”dog whistle” to the proud boy’s to cause mayhem and intimidate the voters?  Sounds like you.

His son did on twitter and I'm pretty sure Trump has said as much 

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Of course you think so.

I never said Trump won.

Biden lost by not answering any questions and being protected by puzzy b!tch Wallace.

You ever stop to think for a second the reason we have Trump as President is EXACTLY because of a swamp creature like Biden? Of course not. You are as delusional as they come.

Biden won because he was standing next to a raving lunatic. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Of course you think so.

I never said Trump won.

Feeding the stupid keeps them alive longer than necessary.