Predict the Season

GunnerBill

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would put as at like #7 in ppg, which is realistic with this offense unless Allen sucks. Really, if this offense doesn't score on that level, there is a quarterback problem.

On this schedule I really don't think that is true.

34 minutes ago, Billl said:

444 points.  That’s the same as the Chiefs scored last year.

What can I say? I’m an optimist. That being said, everything is lining up for this team to score a lot of points with the skill position players that the Bills have in place. Josh, as we all know, is the X factor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The initial post has the team slightly improving on offense ~2PPG and slightly regressing on defense ~2PPG. I think both are realistic but also would be a letdown. Allen in year 3 and you add DIggs and it adds up to less than 2 points per game off an already really low number of under 20PPG and need to be at least at 25PPG or better. Heck BALT put up over 30PPG. But part of me thinks scores will be down across the league due to the lack of preseason and reduced time to prep for the season. 

I'm going with 11-5.  AFC East Champs for the first time in 25 years.

Divisional round playoff game: Home vs Steelers.  Bills 24, Steelers 9.  JA throws two TDs(Diggs and Davis), runs for another.

AFC Championship game:  Buffalo vs Kansas City.  Bills 30, Chiefs 27.  Allen throws for 300+, Singletary runs for 124 yards and a TD, adds 46 yards receiving. Moss rushes for 78 yards and a score.

Super Bowl LV: Buffalo vs New Orleans.

Bills 27, Saints 26.  A close contest throughout, one that sees Josh Allen outplay his counterpart, future first-ballot Hall of Famer Drew Brees, to the tune of going 27-38, 296 yards and two touchdowns and one pick.  Singletary again shows out with 107 yards rushing and a TD, but the game is won on the last play of the game, a, you guessed it, 47 yard FG by rookie kicker Tyler Bass, that JUUUST squeaks through the right crossbar.  The Buffalo Bills FINALLY bring home the Lombardi trophy to the city of Buffalo.  I suffer a massive stroke just as Bass connects with the football, and unfortunately do not live to see the Bills win.  However, they do have wifi in Heaven, and i am still able to rejoice with my fellow TBDers online for sixteen consecutive days...

Go Bills!  ?

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Divisional round playoff game: Home vs Steelers.  Bills 24, Steelers 9.  JA throws two TDs(Diggs and Davis), runs for another.

AFC Championship game:  Buffalo vs Kansas City.  Bills 30, Chiefs 27.  Allen throws for 300+, Singletary runs for 124 yards and a TD, adds 46 yards receiving. Moss rushes for 78 yards and a score.

Bills 27, Saints 26.  A close contest throughout, one that sees Josh Allen outplay his counterpart, future first-ballot Hall of Famer Drew Brees, to the tune of going 27-38, 296 yards and two touchdowns and one pick.  Singletary again shows out with 107 yards rushing and a TD, but the game is won on the last play of the game, a, you guessed it, 47 yard FG by rookie kicker Tyler Bass, that JUUUST squeaks through the right crossbar.  The Buffalo Bills FINALLY bring home the Lombardi trophy to the city of Buffalo.  I suffer a massive stroke just as Bass connects with the football, and unfortunately do not live to see the Bills win.  However, they do have wifi in Heaven, and i am still able to rejoice with my fellow TBDers online for sixteen consecutive days...

Go Bills!  ?

If we go 11-5 we will be playing wildcard weekend too...

34 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The initial post has the team slightly improving on offense ~2PPG and slightly regressing on defense ~2PPG. I think both are realistic but also would be a letdown. Allen in year 3 and you add DIggs and it adds up to less than 2 points per game off an already really low number of under 20PPG and need to be at least at 25PPG or better. Heck BALT put up over 30PPG. But part of me thinks scores will be down across the league due to the lack of preseason and reduced time to prep for the season. 

The personnel on offense is improved by having an elite weapon in Diggs but the schedule is harder. For the same reason the D is going to be really good again but we just play better teams. If we played the exact same schedule as last year I would have the offense improving by 5 or 6 points a game and the D being as good if not better pointswise as it was in 2019. I do think the Bills are good. I do think we have an outside Superbowl chance, but I also recognise last season was a schedule where I could mark down 6 or 7 games as pretty much certain wins before the season commenced. Those games are much harder to find this year. There isn't a single game this season I think the Bills are certain to lose. But there are only a couple of definite wins for my money. I keep saying it but you fellas all better get your hearts checked.... we are gonna be in a LOT of very close football games in 2020. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:29 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Gunner I respect your football IQ.  And 11-5 is a solid record.  I did not look at each game in detail.  But what stood out to me was the relatively low scoring of the Bills.  I did an average and based on your numbers we averaged just over 21 pts per game.  You don't see us putting up in the high 20's w this office.  Teams are not winning the Super Bowl averaging 21 pts a game in this era.  If most of our games are this low scoring I will be very disappointed in Josh Allen and he offense.  Thoughts?

Detailing game by game predictions is fun, but it’s an effort in futility. It’s less about who we’re playing and more about the circumstances surrounding each game as it comes up. The best predictor of wins/loss is which team is more desperate at game time. If we’re on a 3 game losing streak, we’re winning the next game regardless of who, where and when it’s played. ‘Any Given Sunday’ has never been more apropos than in the current clime. The only wild card is good teams find a way. I believe we are a Good Team.

12 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Go Bills!  ?

659b020ea1a90182714571157aa6eb39.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Detailing game by game predictions is fun, but it’s an effort in futility. It’s less about who we’re playing and more about the circumstances surrounding each game as it comes up. The best predictor of wins/loss is which team is more desperate at game time. If we’re on a 3 game losing streak, we’re winning the next game regardless of who, where and when it’s played. ‘Any Given Sunday’ has never been more apropos than in the current clime. The only wild card is good teams find a way. I believe we are a Good Team.

I like your point about the circumstances surrounding each game.  Hopefully we are a desperate team on most Sundays.  And I would like to think we can throw up at least high 20's to low 30's every single week regardless who we play.  But that depends on how much improvement we see from Josh Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...

Bumping this.... 

I had the Bills 11-5 which was two game below their final record. That is the first time I have been under on their win total by more than a game in the 7 years I have done this. The only other time I was off by two games in either direction was 2015 when I had Rex's mob at 10-6 and they finished 8-8. 

I was also off on the scoring in the sense that I still had the Bills winning a lot of low scoring games, which was not who the Bills were in 2020 and also not what the NFL was in 2020 either. 

But I did go 14-2 for individual game predictions and the only two I was off were the two games I thought we'd lose that we won at San Fran and Denver who, in fairness to myself, were the two most injury ravaged franchises in the whole league this season. That said with how the Bills played I think the probably beat both even if they were healthier. 

I was 12-4 on game predictions in last year's thread so I am 26-6 in correctly predicting the last two Bills seasons. 

• 2 weeks later...