Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is that a serious question?  :o

LOL!  Yeah, mistrial...for the defense.

But hey BSTime, this is OK? 

Key Rittenhouse Witness Claims He Was Asked To Change His Statement By Prosecution

Well, if true - I'm shocked the judge hasn't already let Kyle walk...

But wait, I thought Obstruction of Justice was acceptable for the mob?

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

But wait, I thought Obstruction of Justice was acceptable for the mob?

You are incorrect

facepalm.gif

Binger: Can you see you raised your weapon and pointed it at someone?

Kyle: I can't see that.

Binger: Show it again.

Objection, he's answered.

Binger: Helping him see.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

No it is. The kid in your example didn't illegally take the the gun to an active riot. The kid in your example did nothing illegal and did nothing to put himself in harm's way while illegally brandishing a gun.

So you are arguing that the Kyle is the problem here, not the violent rioters? Or did I miss a large portion of an argument and this is a tangent?

Some of these prosecutors are pure evil.  

Anyone watching this trial with an open mind and no preconceived notions of what the verdict should be, can come to the conclusion that Kyle Rittenhouse should not go to prison for what happened.  

This prosecutor is simply spending his day trying to twist Kyle into saying something… anything… to help the case that he does not have. 

I understand this is his job - but if your job consists of trying to mindf**k people into a prison cell, when the evidence says otherwise, you’re a terrible human being. 

This “handgun positioning” line of questioning is utterly insane. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you are arguing that the Kyle is the problem here, not the violent rioters? Or did I miss a large portion of an argument and this is a tangent?

That's a bad false dichotomy. The people he shot may have been terrible people doing terrible things. 

It's not only not his place to take arms to a riot, it's a crime.

Even if the people he shot were committing crimes themselves, they are dead because stood in the middle of a riot with a loaded gun, which in and of itself is a crime. 

How anyone can find him faultless is beyond me, unless you are pro vigilante and think we need more armed people in the streets. Good luck with that.

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That's a bad false dichotomy. The people he shot may have been terrible people doing terrible things. 

Even if the people he shot were committing crimes themselves, they are dead because stood in the middle of a riot with a loaded gun, which in and of itself is a crime. 

How anyone can find him faultless is beyond me, unless you are pro vigilante and think we need more armed people in the streets. Good luck with that.

We could have used a few dozen more  Rittenhouse's in both Kenosha and Minneapolis.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Beast said:

We could have used a few dozen more  Rittenhouse's in both Kenosha and Minneapolis.

You want the deaths to triple? These immature boys playing soldier are no help. This is a classic example of that.

I don't think Kyle should go to jail for murder, but his whole group of "Proud Boys" instigated a mob and he, being an untrained immature child, ended up killing people. These are the opposite of heroes or honorable soldiers. Just wannabes. 

• Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

So to his crime is that he was Kenosha? Or because he was there with a gun? I assume you don't live were violent protests happen but if you did I bet you feel differently. If a violent protest started in my neighborhood the protest would end with first act of violence because the perpetrator would be dead from a whole lot of people shooting them. I think Kyle is stupid for being there but without being attacked nothing bad happens to him or the others. The actions of the others caused him to fire in self defense. He is not the "faultless" but in this instance he is not guilty of murder or anything of the sort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You want the deaths to triple? These immature boys playing soldier are no help. This is a classic example of that.

I don't think Kyle should go to jail for murder, but his whole group of "Proud Boys" instigated a mob and he, being an untrained immature child, ended up killing people. These are the opposite of heroes or honorable soldiers. Just wannabes. 

lmao yeah the Proud Boys started a riot in response to a clean shoot of a black dude. Give us a *****in break dude

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Untrained?

He knew enough to use deadly force when faced with deadly force.

What Rittenhouse was doing in Kenosha was 100% honorable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Untrained?

He knew enough to use deadly force when faced with deadly force.

What Rittenhouse was doing in Kenosha was 100% honorable.

Wait, Beast!!!!

You’re always on-site for these controversial events - you weren’t there? 

* Reminder.........Thread title is incorrect

Welcome to today’s Law of Self Defense ongoing coverage of the Kyle Rittenhouse trial. I am, of course, Attorney Andrew Branca, for Law of Self Defense.

Today the trial heard testimony from the defendant himself, Kyle Rittenhouse—a high-stakes bet by the defense, and one that always has risk of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Fortunately for the defense, however, it appears that Assistant District Attorney Binger is leveraging this remarkable opportunity for the state to collapse not only the State’s own narrative of guilt in this trial, but to collapse the entire trial itself.

Indeed, so grievous has been Binger’s over-stepping on fundamental Constitutional rights of defendants, and curb-stomping on evidentiary rulings previously made by Judge Schroeder, that not only is the defense threatening to seek a mistrial with prejudice—meaning Rittenhouse could not be tried again, as would normally be permitted if there was a mistrial—but Judge Schroeder has repeatedly dismissed the jury during Binger’s cross-examination of Kyle to forcefully scold the prosecutor, and sometimes angrily shouting at him.

Throughout it all, Binger remains unable to pry even from the defendant himself any testimony that in any way undermines Kyle Rittenhouse’s core legal defense of self-defense.  As usual, we’re hearing little but innuendo, snark, snide, and table pounding from the State.

Although Binger’s cross-examination could best be characterized as flailing from his first question until the moment a frustrated Judge Schroeder abruptly broke for lunch, there were three major incidents during the prosecutor’s cross of Rittenhouse that particularly frustrated the court.

More at the link:https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-trial-kyle-takes-the-stand-prosecutor-incurs-wrath-of-judge/

REMEMBER

You carry a gun so you’re hard to kill.

Know the law so you’re hard to convict.

Stay safe!

–Attorney Andrew F. Branca
Law of Self Defense LLC

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1