Jump to content

[Misleading Title] Mr Negativity


Recommended Posts

That noted virologist, Vic Carucci, is at it again -  in pure panic mode. It was Carucci several months back complaining that the NFL should not go forward with the scheduled free agency period because of the virus. Good thing all ignored that genius piece of advice. This morning he is all concerned about how positive tests could affect the regular season,  because a key player could miss a big game because of a positive test. Hey Vic, key players miss big games all the time, because of injury. Nothing unique here. In fact, you may recall Bruce Smith missed a PLAYOFF game because of, oh don’t panic Vic, the FLU. 
 

Someone needs to sit good old Vic down and explain that this is not Ebola. The risk of death to the age group these players fall into is virtually zero. That applies to their children as well.  In fact, for those age groups the flu is statistically more concerning. The five Bills players who reported to camp and tested positive were completely unaware they had even been infected. So take a deep breath Vic, relax a bit, this is not the Black Death revisited. Stick to subjects that u have at least a little knowledge of. 
 

 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another resident scientist starting ANOTHER COVID THREAD!!!!  I love how people start threads about Covid complaining about how the world is wrong about the pandemic...but THEY have it ALLLLL figured

Pot meet kettle.

That noted virologist, Vic Carucci, is at it again -  in pure panic mode. It was Carucci several months back complaining that the NFL should not go forward with the scheduled free agency period becaus

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

That noted virologist, Vic Carucci, is at it again -  in pure panic mode. It was Carucci several months back complaining that the NFL should not go forward with the scheduled free agency period because of the virus. Good thing all ignored that genius piece of advice. This morning he is all concerned about how positive tests could affect the regular season,  because a key player could miss a big game because of a positive test. Hey Vic, key players miss big games all the time, because of injury. Nothing unique here. In fact, you may recall Bruce Smith missed a PLAYOFF game because of, oh don’t panic Vic, the FLU. 
 

Someone needs to sit good old Vic down and explain that this is not Ebola. The risk of death to the age group these players fall into is virtually zero. That applies to their children as well.  In fact, for those age groups the flu is statistically more concerning. The five Bills players who reported to camp and tested positive were completely unaware they had even been infected. So take a deep breath Vic, relax a bit, this is not the Black Death revisited. Stick to subjects that u have at least a little knowledge of. 
 

 

It’s actually a legitimate concern, but mostly because of false positive tests. 

 

It happened to Stafford and now a number of the Bills. 

 

Before it happened to Allen and the Bills people roasted me for saying false positives would lead to an asterisk year. But yeah if Allen and company are held out of a big game for a false positive you’d better believe I’m not taking this year seriously. 

 

Same will go for other teams fans if their players are kept out of big games. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s actually a legitimate concern, but mostly because of false positive tests. 

 

It happened to Stafford and now a number of the Bills. 

 

Before it happened to Allen and the Bills people roasted me for saying false positives would lead to an asterisk year. But yeah if Allen and company are held out of a big game for a false positive you’d better believe I’m not taking this year seriously. 

 

I don't really mind. Its sort of the cost of doing business. I wouldn't put an asterisks next to the season if Allen missed a couple games due to injury? Why would I care if it was due to false positives instead? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

That noted virologist, Vic Carucci, is at it again -  in pure panic mode. It was Carucci several months back complaining that the NFL should not go forward with the scheduled free agency period because of the virus. Good thing all ignored that genius piece of advice. This morning he is all concerned about how positive tests could affect the regular season,  because a key player could miss a big game because of a positive test. Hey Vic, key players miss big games all the time, because of injury. Nothing unique here. In fact, you may recall Bruce Smith missed a PLAYOFF game because of, oh don’t panic Vic, the FLU. 
 

Someone needs to sit good old Vic down and explain that this is not Ebola. The risk of death to the age group these players fall into is virtually zero. That applies to their children as well.  In fact, for those age groups the flu is statistically more concerning. The five Bills players who reported to camp and tested positive were completely unaware they had even been infected. So take a deep breath Vic, relax a bit, this is not the Black Death revisited. Stick to subjects that u have at least a little knowledge of. 
 

 

 

Pot meet kettle.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Another resident scientist starting ANOTHER COVID THREAD!!!!  I love how people start threads about Covid complaining about how the world is wrong about the pandemic...but THEY have it ALLLLL figured out lol.  Classic.

 

These threads don't happen because people think the "world is wrong" and they have it figured out. These threads happen because there are competing interpretations about what is happening/what should happen. On both sides (because somehow this became a political issue) people decided they had the ultimate answer and that anyone that disagreed was "anti-science." Its an absurd framework. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Another resident scientist starting ANOTHER COVID THREAD!!!!  I love how people start threads about Covid complaining about how the world is wrong about the pandemic...but THEY have it ALLLLL figured out lol.  Classic.

You don’t have to be a scientist to read the numbers, although that may be a bit of a stretch for you. In any event, I wasn’t the “scientist” back in March who rendered his expert advice that the NFL should cancel/postpone free agency. That was Vic. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What if a player gets sick though and the entire team gets it? Not saying it’ll happen but it could.. corona is a nasty virus but the whole entire world shouldn’t stop because of it.. players had their chance to opt out and some did.. but if we keep shutting things down to save .01% of the population it’s going to wreck our economy.. how long until we enter a situation like the Great Depression?... 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

 

I don't really mind. Its sort of the cost of doing business. I wouldn't put an asterisks next to the season if Allen missed a couple games due to injury? Why would I care if it was due to false positives instead? 

Because there was nothing wrong with him and he could have changed the complexion of the game completely. Does this really have to be explained? 

 

An injury vs. nothing wrong but a bunk test. Yeah, not comparable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WIDE LEFT said:

You don’t have to be a scientist to read the numbers, although that may be a bit of a stretch for you. In any event, I wasn’t the “scientist” back in March who rendered his expert advice that the NFL should cancel/postpone free agency. That was Vic. 

 

Insults = no argument.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Because there was nothing wrong with him and he could have changed the complexion of the game completely. Does this really have to be explained? 

 

An injury vs. nothing wrong but a bunk test. Yeah, not comparable. 

 

Its sort of like concussion protocol. There are times that guys are held out of practice/games, even when they aren't exhibiting symptoms, because they have to first work through the steps of the protocol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

 

These threads don't happen because people think the "world is wrong" and they have it figured out. These threads happen because there are competing interpretations about what is happening/what should happen. On both sides (because somehow this became a political issue) people decided they had the ultimate answer and that anyone that disagreed was "anti-science." Its an absurd framework. 

 

Right, except there are some people who believe the world is flat and/or there is a government agent supplying key information in code and that this outcry about the virus is to protect kid eating pedophiles from the only person who can stop them and/or are actively hoping things get destabilized leading to the end of human civilazation so we can get the prophesied rapture.

 

Bit of a false equivalence.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

 

Right, except there are some people who believe the world is flat and/or there is a government agent supplying key information in code and that this outcry about the virus is to protect kid eating pedophiles from the only person who can stop them and/or are actively hoping things get destabilized leading to the end of human civilazation so we can get the prophesied rapture.

 

Bit of a false equivalence.

 

And do you think comparing QAnon conspiracy theorists to people who think, for example, the Swedish model was a better methodology to combat the pandemic is also a "bit of a false equivalence."  That's what we are really talking about here. Not wild conspiracy theories. Instead, its people saying things like, the Swedish model is better, or we shouldn't be overreacting to such a low mortality rate, or closing schools does more harm than good. This is what you are comparing to QAnon.  That is preposterous.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What if a player gets sick though and the entire team gets it? Not saying it’ll happen but it could.. corona is a nasty virus but the whole entire world shouldn’t stop because of it.. players had their chance to opt out and some did.. but if we keep shutting things down to save .01% of the population it’s going to wreck our economy.. how long until we enter a situation like the Great Depression?... 

 

Don't look now but we are dang close to this.  Without getting this virus under control few of us can hope for a return to normal.  Sure you haven't had a loved one pass from this but many others have....try like almost 180 thousand others have.  Don't trivialize death because it hasn't affected you.  Not saying the shutdown is the answer but opening up  like no tomorrow definitely is NOT the answer.....I'm in FL seeing firsthand how poor planning had lead to a crapstorm.....it will take even longer for things to get to normal and most likely never will due to the idiots who don't take it seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

 

And do you think comparing QAnon conspiracy theorists to people who think, for example, the Swedish model was a better methodology to combat the pandemic is also a "bit of a false equivalence."  That's what we are really talking about here. Not wild conspiracy theories. Instead, its people saying things like, the Swedish model is better, or we shouldn't be overreacting to such a low mortality rate, or closing schools does more harm than good. This is what you are comparing to QAnon.  That is preposterous.  

 

Completely 100% agree with you and well said.

 

I'm more talking about OPs claim that this is going to have no impact on people in the nfl demographic if they do catch it..that's just an empirically outrageous point of view. This is causing heart disease in otherwise healthy people who are not showing significant symptoms.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...