Training Camp 8/21

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

There is no agree to disagree lol. There is no way you can say Gilmore lost the game for the Patriots. That’s a ridiculously dumb statement.... by the same token do you suggest Tre White lost the game or the Bills in the 2nd half of the Texans game when Hopkins had his way? Oh no that’s right, you blame the refs.?

If I cared what you thought Scooter...

On 8/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, CEN-CAL17 said:

Roberts was legit in 2016.

But his numbers last year were middle of the road.  Fans act like hes Devin Hester that avg'd 15,16,17 yds a return, 3-4 TDs a year.....

All things equal.  How would fans feel if Roberts wanst on this team last year.  And the Bills put Hodgins on the practice squad for a punt returner whos longest return was 22 yards and 8 yd avg.  I just think folks love Roberts because of his past and he's a name.

he was 6th in Avg in the AFC last year, like 9th overall.  22 yards was his longest.  That screams alternate and voted in off name.

And how important are Kickoff returns?  Youre right, he probably will make the cut.  I just have a differnt opinion.

You're right about the fact that the probowl has become nothing more than a popularity contest. Edmunds should not have been there last year or Roberts. Edmunds, however could be a probowler if he continues to learn and cleans up his sloppy tackling. There's no excuse for a guy with such a long reach to miss so often. Also, LB talent overall in the NFL is pretty thin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, purple haze said:

You’re totally underselling Roberts.  I believe he was top 10 in punt and kick returns last season, and, to my eye, still looks explosive when he runs.  He also can do those facet plays McKenzie does now if the staff chooses to keep only 6 WRs.

Pretty sure I nailed those WRs....

For months I figured Roberts days were numbered....