Cody Ford: no preference on position. Will do whatever coaches want.

YoloinOhio

I think Ford would be a very good guard. I’ve felt that way since we’ll before the draft.

It was also obvious that Nsekhe was the better RT last year, which is why he was consistently out-earning Ford in the snap share in the weeks prior to his injury.

If Ford has improved, the depth on the OL will be markedly better.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

If he had made All-Pro in 2017 and then played the next two seasons fully at right tackle, I’d agree with you.  Now I’m not expecting All-Pro play with the Bills, but above average at least.

He gave up 12 sacks last year. If Guard and Tackle are really that interchangeable, that number really seems like trouble. 

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He gave up 12 sacks last year. If Guard and Tackle are really that interchangeable, that number really seems like trouble. 

Could be residual effects of the injury.  Also he played the majority of games (9) on the left side.  I think that playing G and T on the same side are somewhat interchangeable but not switching sides.

Edited by Doc

35 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

To quote "Dandy" Don Meredith,: “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.”

He just came off his rookie year.  Again, if he becomes a Pro Bowl OG, is it still poor value?

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nscheke is better than Ford and it wasn't even close last season. 

He's also been in the league 10 years longer.  He is what he is.  Ford just came of his rookie season.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

He just came off his rookie year.  Again, if he becomes a Pro Bowl OG, is it still poor value?

Do you really believe he's going to the Pro Bowl this season?  Let's be serious and stop with the hopes and wishes.    

13 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Because the question is unrealistic Doc. 

Have a nice day.

It's unrealistic that Ford could become a Pro Bowl OG?  Oh, OK.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Everything @Doc said is just going way over your head. 

No, it's not.  His position is that they gave up too much for Ford, but if he becomes a Pro Bowl OG, it will actually have been a bargain.  He doesn't want to admit that.

Just now, Doc said:

It's unrealistic that Ford could become a Pro Bowl OG?  Oh, OK.

No, it's not.  His position is that they gave up too much for Ford, but if he becomes a Pro Bowl OG, it will actually have been a bargain.  He doesn't want to admit that.

Maybe I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt? 

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Understood... doesn't mean he will get better at the position.

If Nscheke or Williams demonstrate they are better they will start over him... or at least until they give up on the split series thing they did with Ford/Nscheke last season.

The odds are likely he will get better.  But yes, the best man will play.

16 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think Ford belongs at RG.. I think he could be an All Pro there. Doesn’t have the length, athleticism or feet to play RT.. Still an extremely versatile lineman which is valuable but I think with Mongo out Ford should slide into RG and Nsekhe or Williams should give it a go at RT..

so Winters is a backup then in your projection?