Would you prefer to make the playoffs or get the #1 pick?

JetsFan20

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Your points are fully valid, but I think the concept it reinforces is that even picking a highly talented #1 overall pick QB does not guarantee team success

It's just one part of a picture that includes keeping the guy clean and upright and fielding a defense.  Perhaps Luck would not have retired if he weren't so freakin' beat up.

Completely agree.

Luck was surrounded by ineptitude for years, and he paid the price physically

16 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

As a die-hard Rangers fan I feel like Im in the minority, but I’d prefer to make the playoffs. 

Obviously the #1 pick is a great consolation prize and I was stoked to get it, but at the end of the day I want that shot at a championship. 

In the NBA I’d definitely take the #1 pick, but the other three sports (Baseball, Hockey, and Football) are definitely random enough to give any playoff team a fighting chance at a title. 

What are your thoughts? Would you rather win a game or series and make the playoffs or lose that game or series and end up with the #1 pick?

I ask because I respect Buffalo sports fans.

A hockey opinion thread by a foreigner on the Main board?? 

Somebody didn’t bother reading the T’s & C’s..

?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

Even though the Rangers are an original 6 team, play in MSG, and have an extremely large fanbase, they aren't a high profile team with the NYC media. The media here could care less about hockey. When it comes to sports in the NY Metro area its all about the Giants, Jets, Yankees, Mets, and Knicks.

You live it. You should know for sure. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

I'm an Islander fan and you can enjoy the #1 pick. I will enjoy Isles-Caps playoffs. One more day until they drop the puck.

Isles in 7 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

?‍♂️

It's as if LSI became a Jets fan and returned to the board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

Kakko put up 10G and 23 points... What can you really expect from another 18 year old?  40ish points?  Maybe?

kaapo kakko - kinda rolls off the tongue. He did well as a 3rd liner.

Gotta believe Lafreniere jumps right in day one. Points? hmmm....do they team him with opposite Panarin on the 2nd line? 

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

kaapo kakko - kinda rolls off the tongue. He did well as a 3rd liner.

Gotta believe Lafreniere jumps right in day one. Points? hmmm....do they team him with opposite Panarin on the 2nd line? 

Probably more likely with chytil and kakko tbh. Buchnevich is pretty solid on the line with panarin and zibanejed. Or kakko plays up top with them and buchnevich maybe with the other 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 10:42 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah my bad.  I’m not head over heels in love with our 56%, sub 200 yard passing qb.  I’m crazy for thinking this team would be better with Watson or Mahomes.  Silly me.

Where have you been all my life?!  

I've been doing all the heavy lifting at this board since the day we drafted Allen pointing out his utter mediocrity.

I've taken a beating around here from all the "experts" who love "their guy."  

I guess I'm not alone! 

On 8/11/2020 at 2:26 PM, Chandler#81 said:

?‍♂️

Is this directed at me?

Keep an eye out... there is a storm that is possibly heading our way.

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. Jetsfan20. 

What kind of storm?

You used T's and C's... which can be interpreted in many ways lol.

I'll bump the hurricane thread, the first image I put in there is constantly updated.  As it goes it looks more like me than you but we are days away. Hope it's neither and none.

On August 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Completely agree.

Luck was surrounded by ineptitude for years, and he paid the price physically

The legend lives on.  When is he eligible for the Hall of Fame?  Will Hasselback go in with him since he had a better winning percentage with the same roster?

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The legend lives on.  When is he eligible for the Hall of Fame?  Will Hasselback go in with him since he had a better winning percentage with the same roster?

Ignoring that he started his career with three straight 11-win seasons on a team that had the number one pick right before he got there because they were so bad

And finished his career with a playoff appearance

The dude went four out of six years. and is tied with Drew Brees for most passing touchdowns per game in NFL history

• Haha (+1) 1