Truly off the wall. Gronk Is Having A Baby! - GAME ON

22 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Childbirth takes under a minute...good to know.

My wife was in labor for 40 hours with our first child. I watched golf on TV with the doctor, who eventually decided that giant noggin’ ain’t gonna fit thru there. Ended up as a C-section. Second child? “I’m not going thru that $#@& again! See you Tuesday at 8:00 am and you go get him.” 

I didn’t think I was a horrible person, but three decades have passed and I’m occasionally  reminded that watching the golf tournament was poor form. I now understand that the DOCTOR moves on, but I’M still living with it. One of life’s many lessons learned! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife was in labor for 40 hours with our first child. I watched golf on TV with the doctor, who eventually decided that giant noggin’ ani’t gonna fit thru there. Ended up as a C-section. Second child? “I’m not going thru that $#@& again! See you Tuesday at 8:00 am and you go get him.” 

I didn’t think I was a horrible person, but three decades have passed and I’m occasionally  reminded that watching the golf tournament was poor form. I now understand that the DOCTOR moves on, but I’M still living with it. One of life’s many lessons learned! 

VBack (vaginal birth after a prior C-section) were  almost  unheard  of years ago. Still. Even today  not that  routine. 

Let me put that in lock operators  terms:

What  I am saying  is, once you  choose  NOT to navigate  the canal, it's  usually  wise to never transit  the canal  again. 

Special  Shout-out to my buds: @BringBackFergy & @Gugny.  I KNOW they got my back on this one!

BTW... Both my children didn't  navigate the canal.   Shocking  right?  Son was a emergency  C-section  after 13 hours and  daughter was scheduled, also "untimely  ripped." ? 

20 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife was in labor for 40 hours with our first child. I watched golf on TV with the doctor, who eventually decided that giant noggin’ ain’t gonna fit thru there. Ended up as a C-section. Second child? “I’m not going thru that $#@& again! See you Tuesday at 8:00 am and you go get him.” 

Who said this?

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Who said this?

That’s basically what my wife told her doctor. She figured 40 hours of labor (followed by C-section) was enough for both kids. There was no chance she’d do that again! 

As soon as she learned she was pregnant again she announced he would be born by way of a C-section. As her mother advised her, “knock me out and then wake me up when it’s over”.  It should be noted that my side of the family has strangely large heads. She has announced that it’s one of the things that should be on the checklist before choosing a husband. Too late! 

It’s not just evident with child birth. When my son was playing HS football, they said “WTF? That head of yours is deceptively large” and had to get him a special helmet. When we go whitewater rafting we are the ones in a different colored helmet (blue for us vs white for everyone else) that they bring out of a back room with helmets reserved for “special cases”. It’s easy to pick us out in the photos. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s basically what my wife told her doctor. She figured 40 hours of labor (followed by C-section) was enough for both kids. There was no chance she’d do that again! 

As soon as she learned she was pregnant again she announced he would be born by way of a C-section. As her mother advised her, “knock me out and then wake me up when it’s over”.  It should be noted that my side of the family has strangely large heads. She has announced that it’s one of the things that should be on the checklist before choosing a husband. Too late! 

It’s not just evident with child birth. When my son was playing HS football, they said “WTF? That head of yours is deceptively large” and had to get him a special helmet. When we go whitewater rafting we are the ones in a different colored helmet (blue for us vs white for everyone else) that they bring out of a back room with helmets reserved for “special cases”. It’s easy to pick us out in the photos. :)

Has your son's fiancee been so duly informed?

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I hope she loves surprises.

She knows.............NOW. It’s not a first date topic. See the SDS thread about ruining a date in 4 words. How would that go? “Skull can’t be birthed”? 

After 2 years+ together, she either thinks she’s tough or is planning to start with the C-section!

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"I'm a walking candy apple!"?  ?

We are human bobble heads! 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Augie said:

She knows.............NOW. It’s not a first date topic. See the SDS thread about ruining a date in 4 words. How would that go? “Skull can’t be birthed”? 

After 2 years+ together, she either thinks she’s tough or is planning to start with the C-section!

We are human bobble heads! 

Doctor who #regular pops regular show, regular show tattoo ideas ...

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Doctor who #regular pops regular show, regular show tattoo ideas ...

That is a silly hat, and I don’t have a mustache. Other than that........spot on for me!

The son is a gym rat, all sports. Came in 5th in Florida as a HS weight lifter. I cannot in good conscience include him in this! Same head, but bigger arms, legs and chest.......