If Trump loses and refuses to leave

25 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Unlike the last four years where Trump and the GOP threw crap at the wall and let the court of public opinion decide issues, Trump actually needs proof to be successful in his current lawsuits, which he has none of so far. 

All of their lawsuits are being tossed because they have no proof. Trump is going to leave Washington by Thanksgiving and probably never return. The US Government will function as a rudderless ship until Jan 20. 

If he were smart -- which Covid Donnie thinks he is but which isn't backed up by his track record -- he would resign so that Pence could pardon him for whatever federal crimes he's committed in the past, even as POTUS, just as Nixon did. 

17 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm starting to believe that Trump is acting like this because the campaign is in debt....The GOP is frantically sending emails to all it's members to fund his " legal battles " but the fine print clearly states that a good portion of the donations will go towards the campaign debt.....anyone with half a brain realizes that there's no way that the amount of ballots that could have been miscounted is enough to reverse the result of the election..but Donnie doesn't need another debt....can a campaign file for bankruptcy ?

Several news commentators have suggested that his "legal challenges" are a means to raise money to cover campaign debt.   I don't think that filing for bankruptcy -- if a campaign organization can do that -- would be very smart.   That would open the campaign's books to auditing by outside organizations, including the US government.   One of the big questions towards the end of the campaign was why the Trump campaign had run so short of money that it couldn't afford to run TV ads in key battleground states while the Biden campaign was floating in cash, and could even make tries at states like Georgia and Texas.   Even though Biden was raising more funds during the summer than Trump, he started out far behind Trump in the spring.   Where did all that money go?  Either it was stupidly squandered or it was siphoned off.  Auditors would find that.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Unlike the last four years where Trump and the GOP threw crap at the wall and let the court of public opinion decide issues, Trump actually needs proof to be successful in his current lawsuits, which he has none of so far. 

All of their lawsuits are being tossed because they have no proof. Trump is going to leave Washington by Thanksgiving and probably never return. The US Government will function as a rudderless ship until Jan 20. 

Your post is nothing but hysterical gibberish.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Is there a lawsuit anywhere with tens of thousands of votes being requested to be overturned and change the result of the election yet? 

Waiting...

Are you insinuating that there is a special elections court and that it is currently bogged down with cases?  I don't know if you are aware of this but most courts hear more than one type of case.  As said before none of us have a special seat in this where we get instantaneous updates.  Worry about raking your leaves, cleaning your gutters, preparing your lawn mower for storage, and other chores to keep your mind where it needs to be.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

SO you're saying Trump doesn't need proof?

I am saying that he along with you are delusional at best.  Dangerous at worst.  The last 4 years were about lefties throwing crap against the wall against Trump.  That proof was not ultimately provided so no lefty objectives were successful.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That is absolute best case scenario, which I dont think we'll see.

The recent changes in leadership in Defense and Intelligence paint a much scarier and dire picture of how far he'll be willing to go to stay in office. He is prepping to use the US military against our own citizens.

He may be thinking that he's prepping to do that but the US military is only bound to follow legal orders from the commander-in-chief.  No US general is going to order the troops under his/her command to participate in a coup by the defeated 45th POTUS against the lawfully elected 46th POTUS because it would violate his/her own oath of allegiance to support and protect the US Constitution.  Military folk tend to take that oath pretty seriously even if Trump doesn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

He may be thinking that he's prepping to do that but the US military is only bound to follow legal orders from the commander-in-chief.  No US general is going to order the troops under his/her command to participate in a coup by the defeated 45th POTUS against the lawfully elected 46th POTUS because it would violate his/her own oath of allegiance to support and protect the US Constitution.  Military folk tend to take that oath pretty seriously even if Trump doesn't. 

I sure hope so, brother.

Too many in the NG and DHS had no problems assaulting protestors already. That was just a dress rehearsal.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Are you insinuating that there is a special elections court and that it is currently bogged down with cases?  I don't know if you are aware of this but most courts hear more than one type of case.  As said before none of us have a special seat in this where we get instantaneous updates. 

Is there a secret case that's been filed somewhere with the proof of tens of thousands of votes fraudulently cast then? I feel like that would be big news, not a secret. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

If he were smart -- which Covid Donnie thinks he is but which isn't backed up by his track record -- he would resign so that Pence could pardon him for whatever federal crimes he's committed in the past, even as POTUS, just as Nixon did. 

Unfortunately for Donald he can't pardon himself for crimes at the state level.

The very smart lawyers at NY's Southern District know this and they'll be bringing lawsuits against him at the state level vs the federal level. 

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Your post is nothing but hysterical gibberish.

No. It's all facts. All of their claims have been easily debunked. 

They haven't been successful in a single post election day lawsuit yet, because they have no evidence to support any of their claims.

So now Georgia is going to headcount millions of votes to waste time and likley to try and prove the electronic machines were controlled by Putin. Hmmmmmm. Set up by a republican governor. Can you imagine a president who disrespects his country so much. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/525494-michael-cohen-predicts-trump-wont-return-to-white-house-after-christmas-at-mar

"After Christmas, he usually comes back January 5th, January 6th. He likes to go to Mar-a-Lago," said Cohen. "I suspect he doesn't even come back to Washington. I don't believe he's going to go to the inauguration because he himself fundamentally cannot sit in a chair knowing that the cameras are on him and that the world is looking at him as a loser. He cannot do that."

This sounds like textbook Trump, cares more about his own image than the country. This has been said many times but to hear it from people that know him best and realize he is what you thought.

First Bolton, now Karl Rove: "Recounts occasionally change margins in the hundreds, never in the tens of thousands."

John Bolton: Time is running out for Trump — and Republicans who coddle him

Karl Rove: This Election Result Won’t Be Overturned

It's over but I fully expect Trump to destroy America; further divide US; and risk our national security because he is a petulant child.

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

First Bolton, now Karl Rove: "Recounts occasionally change margins in the hundreds, never in the tens of thousands."

John Bolton: Time is running out for Trump — and Republicans who coddle him

Karl Rove: This Election Result Won’t Be Overturned

It's over but I fully expect Trump to destroy America; further divide US; and risk our national security because he is a petulant child.

Nutcases say, "he has every right to his wet noodle flimsy lawsuits" right after they told you how much they "love this country".  

• Like (+1) 1