Black national anthem?

The NFL won't be getting any more money from me...

...we have one national anthem...

...the rest of this crap is a continuation of the slow march to where absolutely nothing is sacred to anyone anymore...

...without a common culture to bind all citizens together within an agreed upon code of ethics, there is no country...

...perhaps that is the point of the exercise?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BTW, don't call people that were enslaved, "slaves." They were enslaved people. 

No.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I doubt that they will sing the third verse, it's a little too............you know.....................(whispered voice) RELIGIOUS...........

God of our weary years
God of our silent tears
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way
Thou who has by Thy might
Led us into the light
Keep us forever in the path, we pray
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee
Shadowed beneath Thy hand
May we forever stand
True to our God
True to our native land

Modern slavery still exists...

...do we still give non-western nations a free pass...

...why are we tearing our monuments, when our enemies are protecting the slave trade?

Gee, I wonder how many of our products are made by actual slaves and for cheap prices?

Is that the meaning of this distraction?

Global corporations and banks no the score on this, and yet we are the bad guys in their eyes...

...curious how the modern left wants us to remain at war around the world...

...the left is in line with corporate propaganda...

...the left is in line with the commercial banks politics also...

Notice how the left is always trying to tell you what to say and how you should feel about everything...

...one of these days, enough people will wake up to this communist infiltration of American society...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

The NFL won't be getting any more money from me...

...we have one national anthem...

...the rest of this crap is a continuation of the slow march to where absolutely nothing is sacred to anyone anymore...

...without a common culture to bind all citizens together within an agreed upon code of ethics, there is no country...

...perhaps that is the point of the exercise?

I said the same thing in the Redskins thread and I got attacked for it.

Typical.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I said the same thing in the Redskins thread and I got attacked for it.

Typical.

Call it a hunch, but as things get worse before they get better, while the left puts the petal to the floor, more people will see it for what it is...

...organized and targeted subversion of the country unifying matrix of ethics and traditions.

The USA sucks and has to change while the rest of the world is so perfect?    BS!

People escape the rest of the world to come here.

This fight politically is for who controls the emission center of the US dollar, which is the Federal Reserve.

Now that we are pinned to essentially 0% interest for the cost of government borrowing, the leftists want to seize control of the spigot and impose their worldview with unlimited funding at 0% interest.

This election has implications that will reverberate for centuries to come.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Call it a hunch, but as things get worse before they get better, while the left puts the petal to the floor, more people will see it for what it is...

...organized and targeted subversion of the country unifying matrix of ethics and traditions.

The USA sucks and has to change while the rest of the world is so perfect?    BS!

People escape the rest of the world to come here.

This fight politically is for who controls the emission center of the US dollar, which is the Federal Reserve.

Now that we are pinned to essentially 0% interest for the cost of government borrowing, the leftists want to seize control of the spigot and impose their worldview with unlimited funding at 0% interest.

This election has implications that will reverberate for centuries to come.

Spot on brother.

And just for you.........

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Spot on brother.

And just for you.........

Thank you bro...

I watched it again and I needed the laugh...

Watching Kemp in his natural habitat always lightens my heart...

...and the kids just love him...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Trump has accelerated a decades-old trend toward parties redefining themselves by race and racial attitudes. Racial resentment is now the single most important factor driving Republicans and Republican-leaning movers, according to extensive research, most recently by Nicholas Valentino and Kirill Zhirkov at the University of Michigan — more than religion, culture, class or ideology. An ongoing study by University of North Carolina researchers finds that racial resentment even drives hostility toward mask-wearing and social distancing. Conversely, racial liberalism now drives Democrats of all colors more than any other factor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/03/massive-repudiation-trumps-racist-politics-is-building/

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

BTW, don't call people that were enslaved, "slaves." They were enslaved people. 

To be enslaved is to be a slave. And I doubt anyone who ever experienced it, or is currently experiencing it, felt or feels the least bit more dignified calling him/her enslaved or a slave. The condition is the condition despite academics engaging in linguistic gymnastics to make themselves feel more enlightened.

Edited by billsfan1959

12 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

To be enslaved is to be a slave. And I doubt anyone who ever experienced it, or is currently experiencing it, felt or feels the least bit more dignified calling him/her enslaved or a slave. The condition is the condition despite academics engaging in linguistic gymnastics to make themselves feel more enlightened.

It’s the difference between who a person is, and what’s happened to a person. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s the difference between who a person is, and what’s happened to a person. 

You can try and keep this false narrative of a topic alive if you get some perverted joy out of it but keep in mind that the USA is not the country that STARTED or even REVIVED slavery. It’s the country that ENDED it. That’s something worth celebrating if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can try and keep this false narrative of a topic alive if you get some perverted joy out of it but keep in mind that the USA is not the country that STARTED or even REVIVED slavery. It’s the country that ENDED it. That’s something worth celebrating if you ask me.

The southern confederacy fought and lost a war to preserve and extend slavery. CSA=Trash 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The southern confederacy fought and lost a war to preserve and extend slavery. CSA=Trash 

So I take it you believe that the north should’ve let the south secede from the union so we wouldn’t have anything to do with them? This is silly talk. Please stop. 

Edited by SoCal Deek