What happened last night?

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

DR apparently has been suspended for 1 month.

i can't seem to find it but i'm hearing he started a thread about our friend who likes to step on his richard a lot.

That was deleted. 

So I suppose the reality is that the mods let ppp deal with itself until the children cry for mommy enough?

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

They talk a good game. But like every other soy boy, have no backbone. 

I mean, I respect the mods ability to mod and enforce the COC, as we all agreed to that. But that feels like a double standard, unless I missed something else that was said. 

They turned a blind eye for weeks while that psych ward patient spammed the board, but poor baby gets his feel feels hurt after deleting deleting a thread that made him look bad and here come the mods to enforce rules that they’ve specifically said don’t apply down here? 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

That's so wrong. DR was the most informed poster on this site! I was suspended for a couple days for defending myself against a horde of angry liberals on here. I  guess it's only ok if you're a liberal. So much for a neutral message board. SMH

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, westside2 said:

That's so wrong. DR was the most informed poster on this site! I was suspended for a couple days for defending myself against a horde of angry liberals on here. I  guess it's only ok if you're a liberal. So much for a neutral message board. SMH

Most informed? Oh boy 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know some people are against using the ignore function, but I think this again calls on folks to consider using it.

I'm all for discussion with people who don't agree with me politically, but everyone can tell who the trolls are down here. These people cant/won't acknowledge even the most basic facts and just throw bombs all day based on the same old regurgitated disproven BS. These people will never  take the L, so why even engage at all with them? Please do not feed the trolls.

As an aside if anyone knows if DR is on social media and can PM me his info Id appreciate it. Having his voice silenced during this critical period is shameful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

I know some people are against using the ignore function, but I think this again calls on folks to consider using it.

I'm all for discussion with people who don't agree with me politically, but everyone can tell who the trolls are down here. These people cant/won't acknowledge even the most basic facts and just throw bombs all day based on the same old regurgitated disproven BS. These people will never  take the L, so why even engage at all with them? Please do not feed the trolls.

As an aside if anyone knows if DR is on social media and can PM me his info Id appreciate it. Having his voice silenced during this critical period is shameful.

I’ve used the ignore function one time down here. Last week for that spamming idiot. 

The reason that PPP has worked is that people who want honest discussion can find it, and those who cant get ostracized. Apparently now calling out trolls for their trolling is no longer allowed. What fun times we live in. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That was deleted. 

So I suppose the reality is that the mods let ppp deal with itself until the children cry for mommy enough?

As I hear it, the Mods try to avoid the swamp (PPP) as much as possible. That doesn't mean the rules don't apply.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I would also appreciate any information on DR on another media site. Please PM me. TYIA

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They turned a blind eye for weeks while that psych ward patient spammed the board, but poor baby gets his feel feels hurt after deleting deleting a thread that made him look bad and here come the mods to enforce rules that they’ve specifically said don’t apply down here? 

Also for the record - the thread that was deleted contained at least 2 of the same memes that were posted on the last page of the thread on the Off the Wall board that was locked. There was also a post by a certain poster that referenced noosing a US House Representative. The thread needed to be deleted. It became vile. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The reason that PPP has worked is that people who want honest discussion can find it, and those who cant get ostracized. Apparently now calling out trolls for their trolling is no longer allowed. What fun times we live in. 

LOL  I find that kind of funny.  just tossing out there.  No 1 person is being called out 

From what I've witnessed first hand with some here .... being called a Libtard, ignorant, moron, clueless etc IMO isn't quite what I call an honest discussion.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LOL  I find that kind of funny.  just tossing out there.  No 1 person is being called out 

From what I've witnessed first hand with some here .... being called a Libtard, ignorant, moron, clueless etc IMO isn't quite what I call an honest discussion.

I guess being called a racist is ok in your book?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lol. Okay bud. There is honest discussion to be found for people who are willing to discuss like adults. Then there’s those who spew verbal diarrhea, then delete their threads when they get made to look a fool. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Hey I like DR, but the rulz is the rulz.  

If he continued down a path the Mods said step off and he didn't ..  Who's to blame? 

Not complaining about the rules, just the separate set of rules down here.

Just now, westside2 said:

I guess being called a racist is ok in your book?

that would fall under etc 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. Okay bud. There is honest discussion to be found for people who are willing to discuss like adults. Then there’s those who spew verbal diarrhea, then delete their threads when they get made to look a fool. 

On that I can agree 100%   :LOL:

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

As I hear it, the Mods try to avoid the swamp (PPP) as much as possible. That doesn't mean the rules don't apply.  

How convenient that they can find their way down to deal with a long time poster whose well respected but disagrees with the mods political leanings after having spent weeks saying “well, sorry y’all got a wild idiot down there ruining every thread and spamming the board with his liberal ravings and garbage. We just can’t seem to find our way down there.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

How convenient that they can find their way down to deal with a long time poster whose well respected but disagrees with the mods political leanings after having spent weeks saying “well, sorry y’all got a wild idiot down there ruining every thread and spamming the board with his liberal ravings and garbage. We just can’t seem to find our way down there.”

Oh please, I’ve been banned for less. It happened. I never complained, just did my time and got on with it. 

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Hey I like DR, but the rulz is the rulz.  

If he continued down a path the Mods said step off and he didn't ..  Who's to blame? 

I posted the gif for laughs. DR respects the Mods as do I.... sometimes. ??

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

...DR respects the Mods as do I.... sometimes. ??

right. moding is a thankless job and one that is never easy. you are always damned if you do and damned if you don't. you simply can't please everyone with anything you do. you/i/we may not agree with what has happened but it is not our board. we live with it and either move on or move on.

DR has said that he is going to respect SDS's wishes. i wish it did not happen at this critical juncture when ***** is about to roll downhill but... it is what it is at this point. if anything, i blame the guy who likes stepping on his richard, he's as dishonest as the day is long.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You just added a new account is what you mean.

No, I just left for six months. It was a misunderstanding I think, I didn’t say anyth8ng about anyone, just something about rape, which was just a general observation, nothing meant to be controversial 

Just now, Foxx said:

right. moding is a thankless job and one that is never easy. you are always damned if you do and damned if you don't. you simply can't please everyone with anything you do. you/i/we may not agree with what has happened but it is not our board. we live with it and either move on or move on.

DR has said that he is going to respect SDS's wishes. i wish it did not happen at this critical juncture when ***** is about to roll downhill but... it is what it is at this point. if anything, i blame the guy who likes stepping on his richard, he's as dishonest as the day is long.

DR is completely dishonest 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

as you seem to have an inside scoop on it- what was the impetus for the ban? The thread itself seemed pretty par the course for PPP. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

DR is completely dishonest 

Well, your opinion is so well respected around here....

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That goes on here every day on both sides. Mostly from a small number of people.  The vast majority actually will engage in discussion. It might get heated, but, that is the nature of politics.

I am not a fan of calling specific people out in threads; however, I watched thread after thread being started in which people were being called out, by name (maybe not in the thread title - but in the first post) for being racist or some other vile assertion. I watched post after post of that s**t being posted. People openly stated they reported it to the mods - and nothing happened.

Honestly, what I saw of DR's thread last night was mild to what I have seen here over the last month or so. 

Interesting that his thread is where they drew their line in the sand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

as you seem to have an inside scoop on it- what was the impetus for the ban? The thread itself seemed pretty par the course for PPP. 

i don't know to be honest but i'm guessing the thread was the culprit. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That goes on here every day on both sides. Mostly from a small number of people.  The vast majority actually will engage in discussion. It might get heated, but, that is the nature of politics.

I am not a fan of calling specific people out in threads; however, I watched thread after thread being started in which people were being called out, by name (maybe not in the thread title - but in the first post) for being racist or some other vile assertion. I watched post after post of that s**t being posted. People openly stated they reported it to the mods - and nothing happened.

Honestly, what I saw of DR's thread last night was mild to what I have seen here over the last month or so. 

Interesting that his thread is where they drew their line in the sand.

Maybe I missed something, but it definitely seems like an arbitrary application of the rules. 

Maybe he had been warned. Either way, it’s hard to imagine him getting the boot when others are allowed to roam free. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's what happens when rules are applied arbitrarily.  Ultimately a human is behind the switches and every human has their own inherent biases, it's not an indictment on any specific person, it's just a fact of life.   I'm generally for a free board and I'd rather have this than how rules are applied over on the other side but there are various posters here whose main purpose is to troll.  They don't actively engage in substantive conversation, they litter the board with troll threads and trolling conversations.

• Like (+1) 4