Is Chief Justice John Roberts part of the #DeepState?

Is Chief Justice JohnRoberts part of the #DeepState?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is Chief Justice JohnRoberts part of the #DeepState?

• Yes
    • No

Rush Limbaugh is spewing words about Roberts being #DeepState and there are posters on this very forum today accusing him of being a pedophile without any evidence except the recent DACA ruling. 

Edited by Warren Zevon

Roberts was born in Buffalo, NY and his father was a electrical engineer at Bethlehem Steel. I think he is a fair swing vote

In 1965, when Roberts was ten years old, his family moved to Long Beach, Indiana, so his father could take a job as the plant manager for a new Bethlehem Steel plant in nearby Burns Harbor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Roberts

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

Roberts was born in Buffalo, NY and his father was a electrical engineer at Bethlehem Steel. I think he is a fair swing vote

In 1965, when Roberts was ten years old, his family moved to Long Beach, Indiana, so his father could take a job as the plant manager for a new Bethlehem Steel plant in nearby Burns Harbor

Because of where he was born and what his father's job was? lol.

1 hour ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

What's with all these polls lately?  Strip clubs are closed so you have to bring the polls everywhere you go now?

Buffalo has no lack of Poles of the human kind but the City itself is lacking poles to hang by.

On a somewhat humorous note the City of Buffalo has/had rather restrictive zoning requirements regarding adult entertainment establishments. Municipalities are generally required to provide for this entertainment in their zoning ordinance. As I recall, Buffalo only allows establishments in Industrial zones and the building setback are such that it makes it almost impossible to build---400' setback from the front, rear and each side. I don't remember if the parking lot has to be included in that too. Even allowing the parking to be put in the setback a 10,000 s/f building would have to have a site measuring over 18 acres. Buffalo's way of keeping out strip clubs and shipping those jobs to Canada. 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

You know who has a home in Long Beach, IN right now?  The Bidens. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

The morons won't bring it to this thread but they'll moron about it elsewhere.

why would anyone bring anything real to a thread of yours? so you can delete it when it doesn't go as you want it too?

:lol: you're an idiot.

but then you know that...

• Haha (+1) 4

6 hours ago, ALF said:

He sure is.  This is the most balanced USSC we've had in my lifetime.   That alone is reason to be thankful Trump won last time.

“It speaks to the fact that Trump’s notorious base is impervious to reason and immune to irony and is still a deep mystery to many who aren’t Trump supporters. They are willful, petulant, and full of pointless defiance. They’ve become defined by an obsession with Trump as the sole remedy for the offenses imposed on them by a rotating cast of villains and evildoers. In the process, they’ve become easy marks for every flavor of conspiratorial lunacy and gimcrack appeals to their worst instincts.” ― Rick Wilson, Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever

Something happened during the Obamacare case in 2012 (its like yesterday to me but I keep forgetting there are some young bucks here that might need a refresher).  

I don't want to say he was compromised.  But they got to him.  Kennedy was the one everyone expected would be the vote that would uphold it (this was always a bad assumption Kennedy was usually very pro markets).  Everyone thought the bill was going down.  

Roberts was set to decide with the conservative wing in fact his opinion was already written come April.  In the article Im attaching (this Scalia story is what I remember most about the aftermath) you can read Scalia's opinion was written as tho he was speaking for the majority.  Roberts flipped and rewrote the law.  That doesn't happen without actively working with the people that crafted the bill, then used every possible way to bribe and entice the last hold outs in the Senate to vote for it.  https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/obamacare-ugly-process-it-will-only-get-uglier

All that "work" wasn't going to be for nothing. 

It didn't take long after to find out what happened:  "External pressure."  

He originally sided with the four other judges who decided to strike down the mandate — conservatives Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, Samuel Alito and Kennedy, but he began to feel "the external pressure" when writing the decision.

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-roberts-switched-affordable-health-care-vote-2012-7

Deep State?  I prefer the Swamp.  The swamp knows when then they really really need it, they'll bring some "external pressure" on the Chief Justice.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1