2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

Trump's love affair worked out great, didn't it?

A senior U.S. administration official on Saturday called North Korea's display of a previously unseen intercontinental ballistic missile "disappointing" and called on the government to negotiate to achieve a complete denuclearization.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Trump's love affair worked out great, didn't it?

A senior U.S. administration official on Saturday called North Korea's display of a previously unseen intercontinental ballistic missile "disappointing" and called on the government to negotiate to achieve a complete denuclearization.

...Mein "Kemp's" daily diatribe......my daily dose of comedy...SMH.............

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Mein "Kemp's" daily diatribe......my daily dose of comedy...SMH.............

Noted that you can't dispute that Trump's professing of love to the maniacal dictator wasn't a good strategy to stop him from expanding his miltary.

Trump supporters are always forced to go personal because the facts always go against them.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Noted that you can't dispute that Trump's professing of love to the maniacal dictator wasn't a good strategy to stop him from expanding his miltary.

Trump supporters are always forced to go personal because the facts always go against them.

if you say so, it MUST be correct.......SMH.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

if you say so, it MUST be correct.......SMH.....

Note the weakness. Still can't dispute that Trump failed miserably with North Korea. 

What a STRONG leader!

Trump really is becoming Captain Queeg.

Old Yellowstain will find those frozen strawberries.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Note the weakness. Still can't dispute that Trump failed miserably with North Korea. 

What a STRONG leader!

...my sincere apology....I've been enthralled with the "Russian Collusion" and "China Is Our Friend" diatribes.....forgot all about Nutrisystem's  hermit.....

29 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What a STRONG leader!

Trump really is becoming Captain Queeg.

Old Yellowstain will find those frozen strawberries.

Having Dennis Rodman as our envoy to North Korea probably wasn't a good idea.

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

There's also a major difference in opinion of COVID based on political party:

PP_covid-concerns-by-party_0-06.png

The main own is the last one. 8 percent of Democrats are comfortable attending a crowded party vs 31 percent.

Too bad they didn't ask how comfortable they'd be attending a riot.  Expecting those #'s would've flipped.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

There's also a major difference in opinion of COVID based on political party:

PP_covid-concerns-by-party_0-06.png

The main own is the last one. 8 percent of Democrats are comfortable attending a crowded party vs 31 percent.

I wonder why that is? It certainly doesn't come from "following the science."

From social media:

We all know Joe Biden is running for President along with his running mate Kamala Harris. Both of them continually refuse to take a stand regarding these issues:

Packing the Supreme Court

Eliminating the Electoral College

Doing away with the filibuster in the Senate

While eliminating the Electoral College would be very difficult packing the SCOTUS and eliminating the Senate filibuster could happen very easily. No matter what your political beliefs are the accomplishment of any of these goals is harmful to our republic. The very fact that they refuse to tell us what they would do is very telling. You may not like President Trump and I'll admit that I often shudder with what comes out of his mouth, but he's been the most transparent president in my lifetime. He campaigned in 2016 on what he would do, won the election based on those sentiments and proceeded to fulfill his promises as President. I encourage anyone reading this to make your election decision based on policies not on people who are well practiced in slight-of-hand. This administration's foreign policy is very much on target. We have Iran in check who just happens to be the biggest promoter of terrorism in the world. After spending the $1.8 billion in cash and the $150 billion of funds released to them by the previous administration they are now out of money to give to terrorist groups. China is being checked for their spying and stealing of our trade and military secrets. Domestically Trump has steered our economy into robust growth, extremely low unemployment and greatly increased wages. (this of course was prior to the virus that was set upon us deliberately by China.) We've managed to this point to get through Covid-19 even with the idiocy of people like Cuomo, De Blasio, Wolfe, Newsome and Whitmer. Initial projections by the scientists were for 2,000,000 deaths while we just recently passed 200,000.
Again, please set long term alliances aside and actually think about what is the best path for our country. If you agree, by all means feel free to share this.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Probably would have been closer to the same. Don't forget all those mask protests we saw.

You expect that D's would be less likely to join a riot than R's would be?  The events of the summer & fall don't seem to bear that out.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You expect that D's would be less likely to join a riot than R's would be?  The events of the summer & fall don't seem to bear that out.

I'm not saying that. Riots are the language of the unheard (and Canucks fans). It just so happens minorities are the ones feeling unheard and lean D.

Even Rasmussen has Biden over Trump by 12 points.

I don't know if @Deranged Rhino is still perma-banned or if it's switched to temporary, but since I expect he can't stay away from this place forever he'll find a way back in some form... heck I'm sure he's reading through PPP on a daily basis.

Whenever he gets back under whatever moniker, I hope he lives up to his end as the lover of our bet.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Even Rasmussen has Biden over Trump by 12 points.

I don't know if @Deranged Rhino is still perma-banned or if it's switched to temporary, but since I expect he can't stay away from this place forever he'll find a way back in some form... heck I'm sure he's reading through PPP on a daily basis.

Whenever he gets back under whatever moniker, I hope he lives up to his end as the lover of our bet.

Don't spike the ball or count your chickens before they hatch. Speaking of chickens, you might just end up with egg on your face. 

Great support in Florida!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senior-warning-sign-trump-biden-043109910.html

"An armada of as many as 500 golf carts gathered at the Sea Breeze Recreation Center to caravan to the nearby elections office, so folks could drop off ballots for Biden."

A great point made by one supporter: "But there was also “an overwhelming sense in 2016 of ‘we’ve got this in the bag.’ There was a level of complacency that she’d win,” said Stanley. “Now there’s a heightened sense of urgency, and in many ways, Trump has been our best recruiting tool ever.”"

Interesting quote for a Republican Strategist in the race:

Legendary Republican campaign strategist Ed Rollins, who is the chair of the pro-Donald Trump Great America PAC, told me "I'm afraid the race is over." Rollins said that he "would definitely recommend that candidates make the case for their own reelection, and when asked about President Trump they should say 'I support him when it's in the interest of my state, North Carolina, Arizona — and oppose him when it's not in the interest of our state. My job to support the people of our state.'"

"What happened after the first presidential debate is every Senate race saw a 3- to 4-point drop [for Republican candidates] across the board," said Rollins. "So campaigns are panicking and it's the first time in a long while that they are being outraised. The potential is there to lose not only the presidency but the Senate as well...and to see the kind of wipeout we haven't an experienced since the post-Watergate year of 1974."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/opinions/republican-politicians-self-interest-leaving-trump-avlon/index.html

34 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't think there's anything wrong there. White House and Trump campaign didn't pay the travel expenses. No one was given a fee to attend.

The more telling thing is the group was expected to be 20,000 and they only got 2,000 while paying for travel costs. 

Also, White House was saying it was an official event but Trump turned into into a campaign speech violates some ethics.

20 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong there. White House and Trump campaign didn't pay the travel expenses. No one was given a fee to attend.

The more telling thing is the group was expected to be 20,000 and they only got 2,000 while paying for travel costs. 

Also, White House was saying it was an official event but Trump turned into into a campaign speech violates some ethics.

Trump violated ethics?!!

Early votes seem to be going Democrat in Wisconsin:

"the mother lode of absentee ballots is coming in Dane County, a Democratic stronghold that includes Madison. As of Friday, the number of submitted ballots there amounted to more than 36% of the county's total 2016 election vote; that figure is 10 percentage points higher than in any other county in the state."

"In Wisconsin's Republican heartland, the suburban counties that ring Milwaukee, the absentee turnout is only at about the state average so far. And in the dozens of rural counties where Trump won huge victories four years ago, ballots are being returned at a far slower rate than in the state's Democratic areas"

For other key states:

"Ballot return data from heavily Democratic cities like Pittsburgh; Chapel Hill, N.C.; and Tampa, Fla., and the long lines of cars waiting at a Houston arena to drop off ballots, are signs that many voters have followed through on their intentions to cast ballots well ahead of Nov. 3"

Other key issue is ballots are being made when Trump's approval rating is at one of its lowest at even Republican leaning Rasmussen:

"As of Friday, more than 8.3 million ballots had already been received by elections officials in the 30 states that have made data available. In six states -- including the battlegrounds of Wisconsin and Minnesota -- the number of ballots returned already is more than 20% of the entire 2016 turnout."

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/oct/11/gop-lags-in-mail-in-voting-numbers/

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...shoulda called Accountemps to "bolster" the turnout.......

Outside the whole Democrats don't want to go to big get togethers due to COVID, all the Democrats are just too busy out early voting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/10/us/politics/early-voting-swing-states.html

In Wisconsin, about 146,000 people voted by mail in the 2016 general election. This fall, about 647,000 people have already voted absentee, many in Democratic strongholds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/10/over-9-million-people-have-already-voted-in-the-2020-election-the-majority-being-democrats/

Americans are voting early in the 2020 general election at an unprecedented pace, with elections officials having already received more than 9 million ballots in the 30 states that have made data available, and that data indicates that registered Democrats have returned more than twice as many ballots than Republicans thus far

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/520306-democrats-surge-past-republicans-in-early-voting

In Florida, registered Democrats had out-voted registered Republicans by a slim 37 percent to 35 percent margin by this point in 2016. Today, almost 53 percent of votes cast in Florida have come from registered Democrats, while Republicans account for just 28 percent

In North Carolina, registered Democrats have cast 52 percent of all ballots so far, up from 36 percent four years ago. Registered Republicans account for just 17 percent of the ballots, down from 37 percent in 2016.

And in Pennsylvania, a state at the heart of Trump's reelection strategy, registered Democrats have cast more than three-quarters of all ballots. Republicans made up just 15 percent of ballots returned to date.

You don't see this kind of excitement for Trump:

9c8fecb0-03d7-4322-a54e-7553e50c5323-bid

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/10/joe-biden-and-kamala-harris-hay-bale-display-set-fire/5954953002/

Unfortunately, someone burnt it down the next day.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

What's his source on this? Is this an actual thing or is he just making things up? I thought the right hated anonymous sources? Well though, is it anonymous if it's just him making things up?