Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Tre, and every other black player on the team, is the aggrieved party.  And rightfully so.  When it comes to racism, they shouldn't have to accept an apology because the coaching staff says they should toe the party line. That is really gross.  

They dont "have" to do anything. I dont "have" to go to work tomorrow but if I want to keep my job I probably should.

Cant let a cancer divide the locker room because of some national political issues.

Thats BS anyways if Tre really wants to fight for the cause he should be out in the streets (day time, peacefully) marching along side all them white kids black mids brown kids and being part of the solution...

Not Twitter warring against his own teammates and coaches.

Tres twitter bull#### been going on since before the national race politics began so I dont think it can be dismissed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Tre, and every other black player on the team, is the aggrieved party.  And rightfully so.  When it comes to racism, they shouldn't have to accept an apology because the coaching staff says they should toe the party line. That is really gross.  

Did this happen? Genuinely just asking. If so, then I agree with you that's not right. But all I've seen thus far about the meeting was that the coaches felt it was the players who accepted it and are taking a wait and see approach on Fromm, or am I mistaken? 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did this happen? Genuinely just asking. If so, then I agree with you that's not right. But all I've seen thus far about the meeting was that the coaches felt it was the players who accepted it and are taking a wait and see approach on Fromm, or am I mistaken? 

Thats what we are discussing because 2 hours later tre re-tweeting anti-fromm "we dont accept your apology" BS from Tyler Locket and Richard Sherman

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

They dont "have" to do anything. I dont "have" to go to work tomorrow but if I want to keep my job I probably should.

Cant let a cancer divide the locker room because of some national political issues.

Thats BS anyways if Tre really wants to fight for the cause he should be out in the streets (day time, peacefully) marching along side all them white kids black mids brown kids and being part of the solution...

Tres twitter bull#### been going on since before the national race politics began so I dont think it can be dismissed.

That's right, boy, shut up and play football! As a white man, I find what he said only mildly racist. Therefore, you as a black man should accept his apology and move on! And if you don't agree to play football with the racist, you are off the team!  

Now let me ask you: you really think Tre should have to accept that racist behavior to continue to play football? You really think you are on the right side of that dispute? 

• Awesome! (+1) 4

And how is "I accept no ones apology and leave no room for forgiveness" even a good strategy for the cause??

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That's right, boy, shut up and play football! As a white man, I find what he said only mildly racist. Therefore, you as a black man should accept his apology and move on! And if you don't agree to play football with the racist, you are off the team!  

Now let me ask you: you really think Tre should have to accept that racist behavior to continue to play football? You really think you are on the right side of that dispute? 

I believe in order for the movement to succeed room for apologies and forgiveness is tantamount.

If we close the doors to letting people apologize and deny them the opportunity for forgiveness then what kind of place are we heading????

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Good on you for telling these black men how they should act, where they should act, and when they should act.  Clearly you know more about what it’s like living as a black man in America than they do.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Also if we not accept jake fromm apology why we accept Josh Allens?? Just saying I hope Tre aint headed there next.

Just now, Billl said:

Good on you for telling these black men how they should act, where they should act, and when they should act.  Clearly you know more about what it’s like living as a black man in America than they do.

Hey when you got no real argument just call me racist

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

And how is "I accept no ones apology and leave no room for forgiveness" even a good strategy for the cause??

I believe in order for the movement to succeed room for apologies and forgiveness is tantamount.

If we close the doors to letting people apologize and deny them the opportunity for forgiveness then what kind of place are we heading????

That's fair. These are complicated situations.  What I don't want, however, is for my fandom of the team, and what I think is best for the product on the field, to be more important than today's political climate. When you mentioned the "bickering bills," I think it revealed that this impetus is too motivated by "what's best for the team" and not enough about "what's best for society." 

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

Also if we not accept jake fromm apology why we accept Josh Allens?? Just saying I hope Tre aint headed there next.

Hey when you got no real argument just call me racist

If the hood fits...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

He didn’t do it in college, and he didn’t do it when she (same woman) accused him of abusing his kid years later.  She now has no custody, and he’s got full custody of all 4 of their kids.  

Interesting point you bring up about pleading guilty back in college.  A poor black kid from rural Georgia was accused of choking a woman.  He had two choices.  Plead guilty and leave school or plead innocent and risk going to prison.  He couldn’t afford to hire an attorney, so he decided he couldn’t risk it.  So now, people ignorant to the situation call him scum for the rest of his life over a false accusation.

And people wonder why these men kneel.

Hill’s justification of 2014 was “yeah well I may have bruised you but I didn’t hit you”. He was literally recorded telling the same woman “you need to be afraid of me too”.

That you’re in here justifying choking a pregnant woman and later telling her she needs to be afraid of him is insane. 

And for the record, he was absolutely NOT exonerated in the 2019 incident—the police didn’t have enough evidence to determine who committed a crime because Espinal didn’t cooperate—I wonder why.

Oh, and he’s also had two other run-ins for abuse, battery, and neglect. I am risking thread-jacking so I’ll close by saying that I don’t understand how anyone can see an organization that also gave Frank Clark $20M and drafted Kareem Hunt (who’d still be on the team sans video evidence) and be confident enough to believe the “he didn’t do it” version of events regarding Hill.

Edited by thebandit27

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Hill’s justification of 2014 was “yeah well I may have bruised you but I didn’t hit you”. He was literally recorded telling the same woman “you need to be afraid of me too”.

That you’re in here justifying choking a pregnant woman and later telling her she needs to be afraid of him is insane. 

And for the record, he was absolutely NOT exonerated in the 2019 incident—the police didn’t have enough evidence to determine who committed a crime. 

Oh, and he’s also had two other run-ins for abuse, battery, and neglect. I am risking thread-jacking so I’ll close by saying that I don’t understand how anyone can see an organization that also gave Frank Clark $20M and drafted Kareem Hunt (who’d still be on the team sans video evidence) and be confident enough to believe the “he didn’t do it” version of events regarding Hill.

He was given full custody of the kids.

The rest of the recording you referenced literally includes her acknowledging that she lied the first time.

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Big difference bro. I’m Black and though I may not think like the majority of us a lot of the time, I feel like Josh saying ‘If It Ain’t White It Ain’t Right, how is that any different than a black person like myself saying "Once you go Black,  You Never Go Back" There is nothing wrong in saying somethings in jess in a playful manor. What Fromm said crossed the line cause not only did he include Race into it he also included Social Class to basically say, if you are not White and Privileged then you should not own guns. That to me that is basic slave master mentality. 

That’s speaks to me not only how he views himself but how he views people not like him. I would cut him yesterday if not for the optics alone. I love Josh Allen and I try to look at context in a situation , which with Josh I looked at the person in totality and took his age and other factors like things I read about him being a good teammate and tried to put myself in his shoes and I felt comfortable in giving him the benefit of the doubt and Josh has been nothing but great On and OFF the field, BUT in light of the Fromm situation the LAST thing you want to have is the optics of the BILLS organization be comfortable with drafting White racist QB’s and for that reason alone like I said I would have cut Fromm yesterday.

Yes my stepfather is black and he would say that "once you black, you never go back" thing to me and my brothers all the time haha.  And we would always throw inappropriate jokes around to each other. And I have an Asian friend who jokes that Asians are superior because they are smarter and I have a black friend who jokes that blacks are superior because they're more gifted athletically, survival of the fittest. And I'm mixed with a lot of things, so I'm just like whatever you guys say. If some of our group texts got out, idk what would happen, the universe might implode. But neither one of those guys has a racist bone in their body. So perhaps that's why I'm not ready to jump on the kid yet, without knowing the whole story. But I feel where you're coming from and I respect your stance on the matter.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Thats what we are discussing because 2 hours later tre re-tweeting anti-fromm "we dont accept your apology" BS from Tyler Locket and Richard Sherman

I did see that, but the notion that the Bills coaching staff is somehow trying to "force" the team to take a company line is what I never saw

24 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

^^^^This. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

First: the tweet - it was stupid.  Fromm needs to be smarter about what he puts out there, and he needs to connect in positive ways to the black community and culture that is part of the NFL.

Second: the reaction that Buffalo should dump him - If the US tried to get rid of every racist in the country or deny them the means to make a living, it would make the upheaval caused by COVID-19 look like a Sunday walk in the park.  Once we call attention to racist language and behavior, I think the next step is to make an attempt to get the perpetrator to change his or her thinking.  If he or she refuses to rethink their behavior and the factors that went into it, then maybe you consider moving them to the side and proceeding without them.  Leslie Frasier referred to this in his comments yesterday.  

I think it was just a young person in a high profile position learning that he needs to choose his words & actions very carefully because it can come back to bite you ! 

I would hope that his mind set isn't what the text has portrayed him as . We all as young people ( i know i have) done & said some pretty stupid things before we grew up enough to know that our words carry more consequences yet after those words come out it's to late by that point .

Some never learn that lesson . I hope he has learned from this mistake !!

28 minutes ago, teef said:

@Bill, i think it's time to take a step back bro.  

You missed an L.

Does anyone know if Tre's Twitter background has always been LSU or if he changed it back recently?