Jax- Give us Yannick and Fournette and we'll give you all our draft picks!

tomur67

Fournette has 1 year left on his contract.  A team that is position for picking up comp picks in 2022 will likely get an extra mid rounder then.  So if the Bills like him on a $4M one year rental, it's not a bad trade for a late round pick this year.  Yannick is a good player, no doubt, but perhaps he's not worth both a top draft pick as well as top dollar.

17 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

That's right, 4.1M is the 2020 hit for a team that trades for him. Jax cap hit is 8.6M if they keep him and 4.5M if they let him go.

Maybe a late round pick after the draft would get it done if the Bills are interested. I could see an incentive for both sides. 

Edited by Turk71

7 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

How about you give us Fournette and all of your draft picks and we will take his salary off your hands.

Fournette is in the last year of his contract unless you want to exercise the fifth year option.  Trade for a RB only to have to give him his second contract?   No thanks.

Edited by BarleyNY

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  He’s not worth his contact.  He literally has negative trade value. 

He was 4th in the league in yds after contact and rushed for 1150 yds, 4.3 per carry. That's pretty good for 4.1M imo.

He also caught 76 passes for another 520 yds., that's almost 1700 yds from scrimmage. How many rbs had more? 4

Edited by Turk71

14 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

He was 4th in the league in yds after contact and rushed for 1150 yds, 4.3 per carry. That's pretty good for 4.1M imo.

He also caught 76 passes for another 520 yds., that's almost 1700 yds from scrimmage. How many rbs had more? 4

I actually misunderstood what we’d have to pay him and edited my post.  My bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I actually misunderstood what we’d have to pay him and edited my post.  My bad. 

I just remembered Fournette was throwing punches and got kicked out vs the Bills. 

***** that guy.?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I find it very humorous of the responses to this thread.  First of all our draft picks are 54, 88, 128,167,188,207, and 239.  What are  the odds that from these picks we are going to get two players that can step right in and contribute to a playoff run.  Very, very slim.  The intent of the thread was from that angle.  If you think the money is not right, or we don't need those particular players. OK.  But when I read, that you don't think that in your opinion this thread should  be allowed or entered,  I really wonder. Wow.  We really have inflated egos.  Don't we.

Its dumb because you fail to consider the cap ramifications of getting 2 players with monster contracts versus rookies with team friendly contracts for several years. I mean if this was fantasyland or Madden then maybe. But it's not, it's real life and no team would do that.

For that reason alone you don't make that trade.

As to your point of whether rookies can come in an contribute like that right away, well we have no idea yet. Plenty of rookies do come in and contribute right away and they have a track record of getting pretty good players in later rounds.

Edited by matter2003