Kyle Larson

Irv

In NASCAR?  No.  His career is over.  He was an idiot for using it and to use it instead of, say, a swear/dirty word suggests he probably uses it a lot. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

Its 2020.  No f'n way. 

The dude got caught on a public forum.  Just think about how many times he thinks it and says it in private.

And, to top it all off, no sponsor will ever touch him again.

Edited by Mark80

I'm still trying to find the context which it was used. From what I read there was an issue with the radio, or some type of communication problem then he used the N word. Did he call someone the N word? When he used it, didn it end in an "a" or and "r"? I'd like to hear the live audio if anyone has a link.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm still trying to find the context which it was used. From what I read there was an issue with the radio, or some type of communication problem then he used the N word. Did he call someone the N word? When he used it, didn it end in an "a" or and "r"? I'd like to hear the live audio if anyone has a link.

https://www.newsweek.com/nascar-driver-fired-after-using-racial-slur-during-online-quarantine-video-game-event-1497825

I wonder why the dude who thought he was so funny hasn’t received more criticism ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

https://www.newsweek.com/nascar-driver-fired-after-using-racial-slur-during-online-quarantine-video-game-event-1497825

I wonder why the dude who thought he was so funny hasn’t received more criticism ?

Thanks. Gonna be long road to recover from that one. Dumb move on his part. However, at 27 he's probably already made more money than I ever will, so he'll probably be ok not being in the public eye for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Thanks. Gonna be long road to recover from that one. Dumb move on his part. However, at 27 he's probably already made more money than I ever will, so he'll probably be ok not being in the public eye for a while. 

It just seemed very natural and casual to him.  Like saying to a friend, "hey, dick.head."  Except he used the N word.  That's not good.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

In 2020, that doesn't really matter

It's something that everyone knows they should say and only acceptable between members of the African American Community. Whether or not that 'fair' or right may be debatable, but today it's not something you say or you may suffer consequences.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

In 2020, that doesn't really matter

It's something that everyone knows they should say and only acceptable between members of the African American Community. Whether or not that 'fair' or right may be debatable, but today it's not something you say or you may suffer consequences.

I agree with this, but context is always important no matter what if you want to get the entire picture. 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I agree with this, but context is always important no matter what if you want to get the entire picture. 

I agree 100%.  And his usage of this word in this context, to me, says he should never be sponsored again.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I agree 100%.  And his usage of this word in this context, to me, says he should never be sponsored again.

Thats fine. He said something dumb. He'll have to live with it. There are some words that carry more weight than others. That's pretty much where I am with this topic. 

30 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Thats fine. He said something dumb. He'll have to live with it. There are some words that carry more weight than others. That's pretty much where I am with this topic. 

Where I am is that if someone says, "n word, please!" in a joking manner, that's bad.  But when someone says, casually, "hey, n word," it's a lot worse.

The first is an attempt at humor in poor taste.  The second is indicative of something more, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Where I am is that if someone says, "n word, please!" in a joking manner, that's bad.  But when someone says, casually, "hey, n word," it's a lot worse.

The first is an attempt at humor in poor taste.  The second is indicative of something more, IMO.

Yeah again....thats fine. I'm not going to sit here and try and parse out the finer points of how the n words fits in to today's lexicon 

This may have worked.

Archie: All right, all right, I apologize.
Otto: You’re really sorry!
Archie: I’m really really sorry, I apologize unreservedly.
Otto: You take it back!
Archie: I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.
Otto: OK.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

This may have worked.

Archie: All right, all right, I apologize.
Otto: You’re really sorry!
Archie: I’m really really sorry, I apologize unreservedly.
Otto: You take it back!
Archie: I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.
Otto: OK.

I love that Kevin Klein won an Oscar (Best Supporting Actor) for Otto.  It is, in fact, his only one.  I looked that up to see if he’d won another and saw that he and Phoebe Cates married in 1989 and are still together.  Interesting couple. 

To continue that tangent, my favorite Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actress is Marisa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny.  It is also her only one.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

problem is that maybe thats how it should be viewed, but it isn't. If your not African American/Black, its not looked at as being acceptable to say and its well know that it shouldn't be used. If you decide that you want to continue using the term, whether it be in a joking or serious matter, its typically viewed as the same thing.....