The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

1 hour ago, DrW said:

Thanks. That is certainly a valid explanation. It leaves the question why in some studies the patients have sufficiently high endogenous zinc levels, but not in others. We obviously need more data here. But sufficiently high zinc levels are necessary anyway - alcohol dehydrogenase needs zinc.

many people are zinc and vitamin D deficient, primarily due to diets poor in food that provides those key nutrients

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Jesus Christ, show me that it works. That will change my mind. That's all that matters. FFS

you won't find your "proof" in the main stream media.

try searching out the hundreds of front line doctors using HQL/zinc with Z-pac everyday.

why do you think out all of these new cases being reported that the number of seriously sick have dwindled to nothing -

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spartacus said:

many people are zinc and vitamin D deficient, primarily due to diets poor in food that provides those key nutrients

you won't find your "proof" in the main stream media.

try searching out the hundreds of front line doctors using HQL/zinc with Z-pac everyday.

why do you think out all of these new cases being reported that the number of seriously sick have dwindled to nothing -

False. It either works provably or it doesn't. Your conspiracy means nothing. Your anecdotes are anecdotal evidence and don't provide scientific proof. Put up or shut up time.

<crickets>

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

False. It either works provably or it doesn't. Your conspiracy means nothing. Your anecdotes are anecdotal evidence and don't provide scientific proof. Put up or shut up time.

<crickets>

I’m pretty sure that some doctors are prescribing it. If you’re under 80, you don’t really need it.  

I’m not a cricket.?

33 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

<crickets>

for a worthless treatment, there sure is a lot of time,  energy and creativity spent in debunking it

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, spartacus said:

for a worthless treatment, there sure is a lot of time,  energy and creativity spent in debunking it

Or trying to justify it...

The burden of proof is on those claiming it works. Prove it 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Worse yet, no one will be held accountable for the lives that COULD have been saved if not for these bogus studies!

Sorry, it just pisses me off because HCQ is relatively inexpensive (60 cents per) while so many others seem to be holding out for hoped for kickbacks is remdesivir (4 thousand per patient) gets approved for this.

But meantime, people are dying unnecessarily 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Worse yet, no one will be held accountable for the lives that COULD have been saved if not for these bogus studies!

Sorry, it just pisses me off because HCQ is relatively inexpensive (60 cents per) while so many others seem to be holding out for hoped for kickbacks is remdesivir (4 thousand per patient) gets approved for this.

But meantime, people are dying unnecessarily 

Agree 100% with this post. When I saw a few weeks ago with remdisvir cost I was really shocked on that

HCQ cheap and helps soo much for people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Agree 100% with this post. When I saw a few weeks ago with remdisvir cost I was really shocked on that

HCQ cheap and helps soo much for people.

Yup, and the  remdisvir is sitting at a low effectiveness rate

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/29/gilead-says-critical-study-of-covid-19-drug-shows-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

The preliminary data showed that the time to recovery was 11 days on remdesivir compared to 15 days for placebo, a 31% decrease. The mortality rate for the remdesivir group was 8%, compared to 11.6% for the placebo group; that mortality difference was not statistically significant.

That is still a really high mortality rate for that kind of money!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why is this an issue for you? There’s been no shortage of remedies that have been tried. What was your plan? Do absolutely nothing, let millions die, and wait for the Holy Grail vaccine? I’m so glad you’re not in the position to lead a little league team! Or are you?

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Yup, and the  remdisvir is sitting at a low effectiveness rate

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/29/gilead-says-critical-study-of-covid-19-drug-shows-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

That is still a really high mortality rate for that kind of money!

Remdesivir looks to at best just shorten the hospital stay. It'll probably end up being just one of the things doctors throw at more advanced cases. Definitely not the panacea based on these studies. 

The vaccines are where the promising work is happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why is this an issue for you? There’s been no shortage of remedies that have been tried. What was your plan? Do absolutely nothing, let millions die, and wait for the Holy Grail vaccine? I’m so glad you’re not in the position to lead a little league team! Or are you?

Trump, Fox News and all you freaks turned yourselves into pretzels defending TRUMP on the use of this drug.

THERE ARE 46 PAGES on this website ALONE.

And what's my plan? First off, I wouldn't have destroyed our pandemic infrastructure. There is a reason why you invest in insurance like this... Second, I would not have ignored my own intelligence reports on this virus in NOVEMBER 2019.

It is clear TRUMP does NOT have a plan.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump, Fox News and all you freaks turned yourselves into pretzels defending TRUMP on the use of this drug.

And what's my plan? First off, I wouldn't have destroyed our pandemic infrastructure. There is a reason why you invest in insurance like this... Second, I would not have ignored my own intelligence reports on this virus in NOVEMBER 2019.

Joe Biden had a plan.

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Tell me how Obama's pandemic response plan was going to address the fatal incompetence of local and state owned hospitals?  (That's after you return from your dance)

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Tell me how Obama's pandemic response plan was going to address the fatal incompetence if local and state owned hospitals?  (That's after you return from your dance)

Can you imagine how state and local hospitals and officials could have responded to this virus had Trump shared his intelligence in November?