The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

The ultimate power grab they were looking for was hoping for as many deaths as possible to make Trump look bad and lose the election.  

Not only that, their media wing is still failing at the 'gotcha' questions regarding how many deaths Trump finds acceptable to get re-elected.

They really don't like that his answer is consistently that 1 death is too many.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Not only that, their media wing is still failing at the 'gotcha' questions regarding how many deaths Trump finds acceptable to get re-elected.

They really don't like that his answer is consistently that 1 death is too many.

Well the CDC waffling on recommendations just gave Trump all the cover he needs.

I would love to see President Trump go on TV and say that breathing was a cure for this plandemic....can you imagine how many people would purposely and immediately stop breathing and eventually cease to be????????

• Haha (+1) 4

Ok, so now Fauci and WHO are gonna have to retract their thoughts on HCQ, right??  right????

More than 100 scientists and clinicians have questioned the authenticity of a massive hospital database that was the basis for an influential study published last week that concluded the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat people with Covid-19 did not help and may have increased the risk of abnormal heart rhythms and death.

In an open letter addressed to The Lancet’s editor Richard Horton and the paper’s authors, the scientists asked the journal to provide details about the provenance of the data and called for the study to be independently validated by the World Health Organization or another institution.

The scientists’ challenges to The Lancet paper come at a time of increasing debate about the risks of the rush to publish new medical findings about Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The paper, published May 22, included data on tens of thousands of patients hospitalized through April 14, meaning that the authors analyzed the trove of data, wrote the paper and went through the journal’s critical review of its findings in less than six weeks.

The experts who wrote The Lancet also criticized the study’s methodology and the authors’ refusal to disclose information on the hospitals that contributed patient data, or even to name the countries where they were located.

The company that owns the database is Surgisphere, which claims to have access to patient medical records from around the world.

“Data from Africa indicate that nearly 25 percent of all Covid-19 cases and 40 percent of all deaths in the continent occurred in Surgisphere-associated hospitals which had sophisticated electronic patient data recording,” the scientists wrote. “Both the numbers of cases and deaths, and the detailed data collection, seem unlikely.”

This seems like it could be a scandal.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Ok, so now Fauci and WHO are gonna have to retract their thoughts on HCQ, right??  right????

This seems like it could be a scandal.

This post is like the Bat Signal for DR.

• Haha (+1) 3

Like I said before, the fact that they lumped CQ in with HCQ and didn't include zinc made the study worthless.  Glad to see others saw it as well.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:33 AM, Gene Frenkle said:

Link?

I'm sorry, just looping back to this. What link do you want exactly? You asked for a consolidated PPP pro-HCQ conspiracy theory, and that's what I gave you. I didn't cite any studies, I cited Doc's position and compared it to the anecdotal results of another poster. Do you want a link to Doc's post? He's probably better equipped to provide that.

Or are you looking for links to morons making incredibly stupid claims about Trump? That'd be a very long post...

Has there been scientific studies that showed this stuff works? 

Nice to see a science paper challenged like it is, in the open and transparently. That's how science works. 

And of course the NYT is covering this. It's what they always do. 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Promising, but it hasn't been peer reviewed yet and is only based on the safety record of the drug, not efficacy.  They state they don't expect results from clinical trials until September.

I conclude that HCQ+AZ and HCQ+doxycycline, preferably with zinc (47) can be this outpatient treatment, at least until we find or add something better, whether that could be remdesivir or something else. It is our obligation not to stand by, just “carefully watching,” as the old and infirm and inner city of us are killed by this disease and our economy is destroyed by it and we have nothing to offer except high-mortality hospital treatment. We have a solution, imperfect, to attempt to deal with the disease. We have to let physicians employing good clinical judgement use it and informed patients choose it. There is a small chance that it may not work. But the urgency demands that we at least start to take that risk and evaluate what happens, and if our situation does not improve we can stop it, but we will know that we did everything that we could instead of sitting by and letting hundreds of thousands die because we did not have the courage to act according to our rational calculations.

11 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Promising, but it hasn't been peer reviewed yet and is only based on the safety record of the drug, not efficacy.  They state they don't expect results from clinical trials until September.

I conclude that HCQ+AZ and HCQ+doxycycline, preferably with zinc (47) can be this outpatient treatment, at least until we find or add something better, whether that could be remdesivir or something else. It is our obligation not to stand by, just “carefully watching,” as the old and infirm and inner city of us are killed by this disease and our economy is destroyed by it and we have nothing to offer except high-mortality hospital treatment. We have a solution, imperfect, to attempt to deal with the disease. We have to let physicians employing good clinical judgement use it and informed patients choose it. There is a small chance that it may not work. But the urgency demands that we at least start to take that risk and evaluate what happens, and if our situation does not improve we can stop it, but we will know that we did everything that we could instead of sitting by and letting hundreds of thousands die because we did not have the courage to act according to our rational calculations.

If you get the COVID 19, I suggest that you don't take the HCQ with Zinc. I would take it of course, but I definitely don't think that you should.

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

If you get the COVID 19, I suggest that you don't take the HCQ with Zinc. I would take it of course, but I definitely don't think that you should.

What would you do if you got COVID-19?

56 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

What would you do if you got COVID-19?

I have my doctor in agreement ahead of time that he will prescribe HCQ, Azithrominin, and I already take Zinc, and already have cranked up my vitamin D3 levels. This was recommended to me my a friend in DOD back in late December. I trust his recommendations. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I have my doctor in agreement ahead of time that he will prescribe HCQ, Azithrominin, and I already take Zinc, and already have cranked up my vitamin D3 levels. This was recommended to me my a friend in DOD back in late December. I trust his recommendations. 

How much convincing did it take for your doctor to agree with you?  Any push back?

6 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

How much convincing did it take for your doctor to agree with you?  Any push back?

Let's just say I have a new primary care physician. I was already losing faith in the one I had and shopped for a new one after his refusal to agree. My new doctor is also more attuned to preventative measures in general with diet as the focus. My old doctor was useless in dietary recommendations based on my issues ate the time. Finding a good doctor to keep you out of the hospital and off long term medications is tricky these days.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Don't complicate it.  Just substitute an unproven but anecdotally successful cure for baldness that doesn't do any harm.  WWGFD?

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Let's just say I have a new primary care physician. I was already losing faith in the one I had and shopped for a new one after his refusal to agree. My new doctor is also more attuned to preventative measures in general with diet as the focus. My old doctor was useless in dietary recommendations based on my issues ate the time. Finding a good doctor to keep you out of the hospital and off long term medications is tricky these days.

A person should take ownership and be an active participant managing their own health and healthcare.  I'm currently seeking a new primary care physician and that will be the first topic I'll discuss with them.  I too would want to be treated with HCQ, Azithrominin, and Zinc.

• Thank you (+1) 1