NFL Draft busts of the modern era

Great article, a series of pictures, on classic draft busts.

On Cade McNown:

His lack of accuracy, poor decision-making and an attitude that reminded many of Ryan Leaf limited his career in Chicago, and he was never able to stick with another team for any length of time. McNown did, however, date a Playboy model.

Draft Busts!

How about the Vikings being so worried about getting a bust a couple years back, they just didnt pick until a few spots later

307547[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams pass this year in all honesty...

I think a lot of teams have put more effort into this draft and knowing what all other teams may do because there is so much uncertainty.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams pass this year in all honesty...

I think a lot of teams have put more effort into this draft and knowing what all other teams may do because there is so much uncertainty.

307550[/snapback]

I think it would be funny, but even TD said he thinks he would pass if he had a top 10 pick

How about that Colts 1-2 punch of Steve Emtman and Quinton Coryatt? How would you like to blow the overall #1 and then the #2 as well??? Auggghhh!

Try to redeem yourself a couple years later by taking Trev Alberts at #5? Oops!!!

So, I wonder, if you had the #9 pick (theoretically, of course) and passed, and passed again, and picked some guy at #11, does the agent buy your story that your guy is not a Top 10 pick?

Hmmm...

When Minnesota missed their pick (not paying attention?) a year or 2 back, when they got DT Kevin Williams, did they pay him #7 money or oops #8 money?

How about that Colts 1-2 punch of Steve Emtman and Quinton Coryatt? How would you like to blow the overall #1 and then the #2 as well??? Auggghhh!

Try to redeem yourself a couple years later by taking Trev Alberts at #5?  Oops!!!

307652[/snapback]

The Trev Alberts pick was the catalyst for the "Who the Hell is Mel Kiper?" :doh: Kiper went off when the Alberts pick went down. Kiper said the Colts should of drafted Trent Dilfer and "thats why the Colts are the laughingstock of the league every year". :)

Great article, a series of pictures, on classic draft busts.

On Cade McNown:

His lack of accuracy, poor decision-making and an attitude that reminded many of Ryan Leaf limited his career in Chicago, and he was never able to stick with another team for any length of time. McNown did, however, date a Playboy model.

Draft Busts!

307373[/snapback]

Not only did he date a Playboy model, but he "stole" her from Tim Couch... that is a fact.

There is a big difference, IMO, between busts like Entman and Coryatt who were never worth it beause they had a series of injuries and were never really able to showcase their skills, and guys like Leaf and McNown whose showcased skills proved to be lousy.

307714[/snapback]

Totally agree.

When I saw Bosworth was the first guy listed, I realized they weren't going to take injury into account when hollering "bust", and sort of stopped reading right there.

Cya

Try to redeem yourself a couple years later by taking Trev Alberts at #5?  Oops!!!

307652[/snapback]

those guys were very good players when healthy but who suffered unfortunate injuries early on. they weren't busts, a term i reserve for guys who stink despite never having been injured seriously. blair thomas of the jets comes to mind.

307652[/snapback]

I think the Browns could contend for the all-time title of biggest draft screwup, with their picks of Couch(#1 overall in 1999), Brown(#1 overall in 2000) and Warren(#3 overall in 2001). :D

I think the Browns could contend for the all-time title of biggest draft screwup, with their picks of Couch(#1 overall in 1999),  Brown(#1 overall in 2000) and Warren(#3 overall in 2001). :lol:

307931[/snapback]

2002 1st rounder (#16) RB William Green ain't working out so well either :D