NFL Draft busts of the modern era

those guys were very good players when healthy but who suffered unfortunate injuries early on. they weren't busts, a term i reserve for guys who stink despite never having been injured seriously. blair thomas of the jets comes to mind.

307862[/snapback]

I agree.

And thats why I get annoyed when so many people are quick to rip into Ki-Jana Carter. the injuries are what killed any chance of him possibly living up to beinga #1 overall pick.

I agree.

And thats why I get annoyed when so many people are quick to rip into Ki-Jana Carter. the injuries are what killed any chance of him possibly living up to beinga #1 overall pick.

Didn't Ki-Jana Carter put up some decent numbers for the Redskins for a couple games and ended up getting hurt again a few seasons ago?

So, I wonder, if you had the #9 pick (theoretically, of course) and passed, and passed again, and picked some guy at #11, does the agent buy your story that your guy is not a Top 10 pick?

Hmmm...

When Minnesota missed their pick (not paying attention?) a year or 2 back, when they got DT Kevin Williams, did they pay him #7 money or oops #8 money?

307655[/snapback]

the agent wanted to be paid according to what pick the Vikings were supposed to select

the Vikings wanted to pay him according the pick they actually selected him

i think a comprimise was reached :D