There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

Just now, Magox said:

Apparently you think these stay-at-home orders and the residual effects on peoples health is a hoax.  It's not.  

Careful in using the loaded term "hoax"   It triggers many people.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't forget: while blaming others for your "friend's" suicide.

3-way tactic

well if there is, it's your fault for wanting to stay locked down!

Rraawwr!!

You really don't give a ***** about people. Keep the economy closed so we can elect biden. That's the only thing you care about. So sad.

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You really don't give a ***** about people. Keep the economy closed so we can elect biden. That's the only thing you care about. So sad.

You really don’t give a ***** about people. Open the economy too soon and keep Trump. That’s the only thing you care about. So sad. 

51 minutes ago, Magox said:

I guess you guys don't believe of the negative effects of the shutdown and what it does to people's health.

Suicide hotlines increase by 8000%

I'm pretty certain that in April it will be higher than March.   A quick google search and you will see that suicide hotline phone calls are soaring throughout the country.

How many patients are dying because they aren't able to get medical care because of the shutdown?

Patients with heart attacks, strokes and even appendicitis vanish from hospitals.

Where have all the heart attacks gone?

The Pandemics Hidden Victims, sick or dying but not from the Virus

Do you think this means that Cancer, heart and stroke afflictions are happening less now?  No, it just means they are suffering in their homes without getting the critical care they need.

And Stress is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States.  It leads to weakened immune systems which puts heart and cancer patients at more risk.  What are some of the leading causes of stress?  Unemployment and isolation induce lots of stress.

If you had read the original post you would have read that as a result of the 2008 downturn according to a Harvard Study, hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of this.  

And there are estimates that we will see half a billion people in the world will ENTER INTO poverty as a result of the downturn.  It is an undeniable fact that people in poverty have worse diets, health habits and access to care which all lead to worse health outcomes.

Apparently you think these stay-at-home orders and the residual effects on peoples health is a hoax.  It's not.  

Educate yourselves.

So let's make it worse by letting everyone gather together in restaurants, sports facilities and schools? Ya, that will decrease the stress! LOL 

Hospitals will be over loaded, attacks on people who cough, fear of not returning to a dangerous work place on threat of being fired, ya, no stress there. Instant gratification society can't take the waiting, I guess 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Do you think this means that Cancer, heart and stroke afflictions are happening less now?  No, it just means they are suffering in their homes without getting the critical care they need.

My wife works with an at-risk population daily. Your second sentence is EXACTLY what is happening. It is a nightmare and what's worse is that many of the support services outside of the medical care but related are also shut down or running barebones. Meals. Transport. Medical supply delivery. An entire chain of homecare support is nearly shut down. Thank a doctor and thank a nurse. But really, thank anyone in healthcare right now. What there are doing not only treating covid patients, but trying to keep the remaining healthcare system from collapsing, is heroic. It's that dire.  

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

My wife works with an at-risk population daily. Your second sentence is EXACTLY what is happening. It is a nightmare and what's worse is that many of the support services outside of the medical care but related are also shut down or running barebones. Meals. Transport. Medical supply delivery. An entire chain of homecare support is nearly shut down. Thank a doctor and thank a nurse. But really, thank anyone in healthcare right now. What is happening not just treating covid patients but trying to keep the remaining healthcare system from collapsing is heroic. It's that dire.  

What they need is a break mentally and physically.  They also need to restock their PPP.  All of which point to why restarting prematurely is a terrible idea.  

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So let's make it worse by letting everyone gather together in restaurants, sports facilities and schools? Ya, that will decrease the stress! LOL 

Hospitals will be over loaded, attacks on people who cough, fear of not returning to a dangerous work place on threat of being fired, ya, no stress there. Instant gratification society can't take the waiting, I guess 

This is an important point, because things aren't magically going back to normal.  People are going to be avoiding public places anyways, and looking at each other like they're the grim reaper.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

What they need is a break mentally and physically.  They also need to restock their PPP.  All of which point to why restarting prematurely is a terrible idea.  

PPP is here but I know what you're saying. PPE is less of an issue now finally and that should not be an issue for the fall rise in cases. 

There's no break. Once hospitals "reopen" for anything like normal, they will be flooded with non-Covid issues that will have only gotten worse since this began.

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

PPP is here but I know what you're saying. PPE is less of an issue now finally and that should not be an issue for the fall rise in cases. 

There's no break. Once hospitals "reopen" for anything like normal, they will be flooded with non-Covid issues that will have only gotten worse since this began.

That's a good point, but at least it will be more scheduled things as opposed to emergency situation after emergency situation.  Maybe they can rotate some people out.

27 minutes ago, shoshin said:

My wife works with an at-risk population daily. Your second sentence is EXACTLY what is happening. It is a nightmare and what's worse is that many of the support services outside of the medical care but related are also shut down or running barebones. Meals. Transport. Medical supply delivery. An entire chain of homecare support is nearly shut down. Thank a doctor and thank a nurse. But really, thank anyone in healthcare right now. What there are doing not only treating covid patients, but trying to keep the remaining healthcare system from collapsing, is heroic. It's that dire.  

Yep, which reinforces the case that in the low infected areas they should be relaxing some of the restrictions so that these people get the care they need.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

I remember when this whole shut down was sold to us as a measure we needed to take so that the hospitals weren't overrun. That didn't happen so it seems we just pivot and find new ways to keep people in hysterics. 

Do you know why the hospitals weren't overrun?  Think of it like a salary cap.  People think it's to keep teams competitive, but it's really made for cost certainty.  We're continuing the quarantine, because we know that it is saving lives, even though that wasn't what it was initially billed as.  I hate when people use the words panic and hysterical.  Look up the definitions.  Panic means irrational: there's nothing irrational about fearing for everyone's safety.  Hysterical is uncontrolled emotion.  I haven't run into any hysterical people yet.

The left's slogans give it away

by Dex Bahr

Original Article

As we go through yet another week of Wuhan virus restriction in the United States, do you find yourself becoming annoyed at the daily sloganeering? We see these messages on television, hear them on radio and flashed before us while driving. I, for one, am beginning to tire of this "we're all in this together" claptrap, along with "flattening (or bending) the curve"; social distancing; and "stay safe, stay strong."

However, the one slogan that is most irritating is "stay at home...save lives." Let's not forget that original reason for sheltering at home

More at the link.