Bills/Diggs trade - did it drive Brady to leave NE?

8 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It would make sense that NE and possibly others were in play for Diggs - which is why the Bills ended up giving up a 1st rounder to close the deal.  

The more I think about it - given Diggs’ age, contract and ability it makes sense to trade the pick than to draft an unknown commodity like Tee Higgins 

So it appears that Brady's last act as a Patriot was to drive up the price the Bills paid for Diggs.

13 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

So it appears that Brady's last act as a Patriot was to drive up the price the Bills paid for Diggs.

We were paying a 1st for Diggs either way, I would like to have the 4th rounder back in 2021 but I don’t think that we overpaid much. In FA you always overpay anyway. My question is if he was a FA does he sign with the Bills and for how much. I think he would get a 5 year 75mil with 40+ guaranteed. 

23 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this relationship was over the minute Bill was forced to trade Jimmy Garopollo. Bill wanted to move on but Brady won that battle with Kraft. So for the last couple of years you have a coach who knows his qurterback has more pull than him and a quarterback who knows his coach doesn’t want him. This was a natural break up. 

roughly speaking, yup.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We were paying a 1st for Diggs either way, I would like to have the 4th rounder back in 2021 but I don’t think that we overpaid much. In FA you always overpay anyway. My question is if he was a FA does he sign with the Bills and for how much. I think he would get a 5 year 75mil with 40+ 

Presumably the Bills would have paid less If New England wasn`t interested.  Whether that was the 4th rounder or the 6th for 7th swap, I have no idea but I just thought it was ironic that Brady screwed the Bills over one last time on the way out.

2 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Presumably the Bills would have paid less If New England wasn`t interested.  Whether that was the 4th rounder or the 6th for 7th swap, I have no idea but I just thought it was ironic that Brady screwed the Bills over one last time on the way out.

Living in Chicago I have watched a lot of Diggs. I drafted him in FFL the past 2 years and obviously I’m going to be trying to get him again this year. I was expecting a 1st and 4th but if it only took that 5th and 6th to pry him away from the Patriots then we are the winners. Very rarely do WR’s like Diggs become available and have a very workable contract. We are the winners here, if anything we screwed the Patriots over. I cant wait to watch Diggs play with Allen, it’s going to be a fun year.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

22 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Naw, it was still the pick-six in the Titans playoff game.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/20/2020 at 8:37 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Greed was the only factor in him leaving.  He does not need to play anymore.  IF he had any sense he would have retired while on top, with the last SB win.

I believe he is driven to see that his list of accomplishments remain unmatched for as long as possible. He has a real chance to win another SB in Tampa with Arians.

Honestly, my eyes still haven’t seen the drop off in Brady that others claim to see. From early last season Brady was making noise about how upset he was with his supporting cast. That was VERY uncharacteristic of Tom. He wasn’t getting anywhere near the time in the pocket that he used to get. I don’t think the money in the literal sense matters to him. However, being asked to take a pay cut was like a slap in the face to him, a sign of disrespect. If the Pats signed Diggs... maybe Brady stays in spite of all that?

Brady has been saltier than ever. I think he is ****ed off that everyone is saying he has fallen off physically when he hasn’t. 

Let me just state that I hate Brady, think he is an overrated system QB and think he will struggle on a team that isn’t built on cheating. However, I don’t see the drop off in his physical ability that others claim to see. Still throws with the same zip as before and has shown more mobility as a runner in recent years than he did early in his career. I think he is in for a rude awakening playing under a coach other than Bellicheck.