Bills re-sign Jason Croom to 1-year deal

17 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

just one of his qualities lol.

the way they have Kroft structured and Croom now? they could easily let one or both go. Not sure about Smiths contract. But thought they paid him well initially ?

The way Kroft was restructured made it more expensive and more unlikely to cut him. Could have cut him for 1.6 dead cap before, now 3.4 is guaranteed so new dead cap 3.4 mil.

Easy to point at the relationship with Pegs daughter, but he DID lead the TEs in receptions in 2018 and DID look pretty good as a receiver out there.  Hes big, fast, can catch and ultimately was a project player all along.  I would expect he gets cut if he doesn't show well, but for now, I have no issue with continuing to see if he has developed.  He's the prototypical TE in todays game and you have little invested in him, worth a shot.  Ideally Knox remembers to catch then run and continues to be TE1, steps up to the "Gronk" role ( obviously NOT expecting that level of dominance) and you hope Croom could be the mismatch nightmare like Hernandez was back in the day.  If we got 80% of that production, this team is MILES better than last year.

They have been trying to build the Patriots/Panthers here, great D, efficient O that can explode and most of all, confidence they can impose their will.  The obvious missing parts are a QB like Brady, but JA did show flashes, the over the middle weapons to move the chains, the Red Zone giant and probably the most over looked part, that MUST CHANGE, a killer instinct, yeah I'm looking at you McDermott, step on throats, not the brake with a 13pt lead.  So what they have done, who they signed and keep trying to develop makes sense, even if its not the guys I would neccesarily choose to do it with.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The way Kroft was restructured made it more expensive and more unlikely to cut him. Could have cut him for 1.6 dead cap before, now 3.4 is guaranteed so new dead cap 3.4 mil.

peanuts though. I mean if Bills could catch star in FA.

: )

On 3/14/2020 at 2:49 PM, babulator said:

Here's to hoping Dawson Knox can mirror the greatest WR of all-time.

Also while JR had a tough rookie season, he didn't learn to catch in the pro's. He was one of the most prolific college receivers of the time.

66 balls as a sophmore, 102 as a Jr, and 112 his senior year.

" He became a standout receiver and acquired the nickname "World" due to "his ability to catch anything near him."

Again, Im not bashing Knox but it's not exactly apples to apples. JR had more catches as a college sophmore than Knox has had in sum total of his Career at this point.

You're 100% correct. JR was is and always shall be an all-time great. I think Knox (hoping anyway) will develop into a good one. He certainly showed more promise than we've seen in years from the TE position. He was said to be raw coming out and he surely showed that as well.

• Like (+1) 1